[Solved] T-Mobile OTA My touch 3G Update Files 1, 2 and 3 (?).

Search This thread

Stingerrray

Apr 25, 2010
File 1 http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/tmobile_opal/894fb8631db9.hboot-1.33.0013.opal.zip
File 2 https://android.clients.google.com/...59adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip

File 3 (Still Not sure what this file is)
https://android.clients.google.com/...17d.signed-opal-FRG83-from-DMD64.e3671133.zip

Here are the correct downloads. This update only works on the Original My Touch 3G. Not the My Touch 3G 3.5 or Fender Version.

I took these instructions from Smapdi's Post

Renamed 894fb8631db9.hboot-1.33.0013.opal.zip to update.zip and placed it into the root of my SD card. Rebooted into recovery and flashed it (Turn on with Home then Power Key to boot into recovery). The process restarted the phone a few times (DO NOT TOUCH THE THING ONCE YOU START THE FLASH!!!!!) and eventually booted into 1.6.

I rebooted into fastboot and saw HBOOT was now 1.33.0013 :-D

I then took e059adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip and renamed it to update.zip and put it into the root of the SD card deleting the previous file. Repeated the same steps as before and the phone did the whole restart itself a few times thing and eventually booted to 2.2!!!

Great work guys!

Thanks for everyones help I hope you enjoy Froyo 2.2.
Stingerrray

Last edited:

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
File 1 (I Think) https://android.clients.google.com/...17d.signed-opal-FRG83-from-DMD64.e3671133.zip
File 2 (I Know) https://android.clients.google.com/...59adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip

The downloads worked for me can someone confirm that theses are the correct files. And maybe help with installation.

Thanks "Phateless"

Stingerrray

I do concur, the Philly Cheese Steak is quite delicious, however I find that nothing beats a good Cheeseburger!

Stingerrray

Apr 25, 2010
File one is new. File 2 is the one that has been out for a couple of days. I'm not sure on the install will test soon.

Foo_Blyat

Sep 29, 2009
Chicago
actually the I believe the first file is the spl and would be flashed first. Be careful.

i thought file 1 should be flashed first aswell but to me it looked like the 2.2.1 update since theres a "FRG84-from-DMD64" line in the code.

anyone else care to maybe back that assumption up or throw in your own 2 cents, wouldnt mind a few opinions before i flash these files.

Both downloaded, both have been put onto the root of my sdcard. Just waiting on a guiding light before i boot into stock recovery and flash

May 27, 2008
I also have the files ready but I dont have the guts to flash. I barely use the MT3G lately but I dont want to risk a brick.

PulldOvr

Jul 9, 2009
negative

Good news is the phone doesn't brick after trying to flash the first file. Bad news is it comes across an error. Apparently this is for a different phone. I got the error "E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)" with a bunch of other gibberish about buildprops before it ..

hope this helps someone ..

Foo_Blyat

Sep 29, 2009
Chicago
Good news is the phone doesn't brick after trying to flash the first file. Bad news is it comes across an error. Apparently this is for a different phone. I got the error "E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)" with a bunch of other gibberish about buildprops before it ..

if your sig is correct, you are in the wrong forums, no **** its "apparently for a different phone"

bukethead32

Jul 4, 2010
oxnard

I got the same error message and installation aborted. I tried file #2 first. Rebooted and went back to normal. Mytouch 3g stock.....

Same thing happened when I flashed #1 ..... :(

Last edited:

ionic7

Jan 27, 2010
if your sig is correct, you are in the wrong forums, no **** its "apparently for a different phone"

Before you continue being an ass had you thought about he is someone that upgraded from a mytouch 3g to a vibrant and still has his old mytouch? That is exactly what I did and I am still trying to update my mytouch.

PulldOvr

Jul 9, 2009

My Vibrant runs off MT3G roms ...

On a serious note .. I have an original MyTouch 3g, a Cliq, a G1, and a Vibrant ... usually just lurk around these forums and try not to intervene too much because people are quick to become trolls on this site .. then they complain when no one will help them .. gee i wonder why ... learn to be a little nicer, and maybe we can get some work accomplished as a whole ...

and just to clarify, I tested this on an original MyTouch 3g, 1.33.006 SPL, (stock) and unrooted DMD64 build.

This made me think that a "...*** from DMD646" update file would work. I'll be sure to keep my testing to myself so i can avoid trolls like you.

Foo_Blyat

Sep 29, 2009
Chicago
Don't get your panties in a bunch...

I already tried 1.5 -> 2.2.1 and both builds of 1.6 -> 2.2.1, doesn't work in any order

Stingerrray

Apr 25, 2010
I've tried to update with both files no luck. They are definitly part of the update. I did notice from an earlier post with photos that one file was looking to the system cache file for the other file. So just a thought maybe both files need to be in place before the update can take place. Maybe this could be the problem. Any thoughts on this?

Stingerrray
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Stingerrray

Apr 25, 2010
I saw the file name in another post with a view of a botched upgrade due to root. put the file name in the url for the other update and it was a valid url.

Sting

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
First off any time you want to test if a file is legit or not ( coming from htc/google ) you can just test the keystore via command prompt if the java development kit and runtime is in your system path. Don't remember the code off hand.
Second I would really suggest either using someone elses update script or at least replace/delete most of it. As well as install su and busybox. Because it won't run in a custom recovery.

Enjoy if you can!

Top Liked Posts