[ROM][17 Jan 2012][3G only][HC 3.2]Ganbarou GT V0.5c [P7300]

Search This thread

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Honeycomb 3.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 3G (GT-P7300).

[UPDATE]
Thanks to clicka the update is now working. Forgot a small change in the builds.prop that is necessary for the P7300 tablets.
Updated the ROM with small enhancements.
This update can be used only if you already have a Ganbarou GT V0.5a ROM installed. If not, please install first my ROM. This would be a Ganbarou GT V0.5a for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300.

Changelog:
  • Added Recovery reboot to PowerMenu
  • Browser with UAstring options in the settings menu
  • 6 ROM versions available for 10.1 (P7500), 10.1N (P7501), 8.9(P7300), with original Samsung icons and with AOSP icons
  • The bug with the mouse pointer not visible is fixed as well.
  • The versions with the Samsung icons have now the colored icons in the settings.
  • As a small add-on I included the Photo Browser coming from the Acer Icona tab. Really fast and fancy. Check the video on youtube.
Download:
[/UPDATE]

With the help of MikeO and dg5fdg from Android-Hilfe forum I could get my P7500 ROM working on the 8.9er tablet.
My support for this ROM will be limited, as I do not own a Galaxy Tab 8.9. But with your help I think we can solve the problems.

I guess this will be the last Ganbarou GT ROM based on Honeycomb 3.2. As everybody else I am waiting that the CM9 ROM or an IceCreamSandwich ROM from Samsung is coming.

This version of the ROM is based on the XXKL4 stock ROM released for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Italy. It will not change your kernel or recovery. You need to flash them by yourself if you want to change.

You need CWM installed to flash this ROM.

Reminder:
  • Be aware that this is only for the 3G version of the SGT. I cannot test on Wifi, LTE (4G), or 10.1v versions of the tablet. I guess it will not work and you will get into problems.
  • You flash this ROM on your own risk. If you damage your tablet with this ROM I take no responsibility for it.
  • Start SuperUser once after 1st boot to make sure its working correct!
Credits & Thanks:
  • Thanks to LuffarJoh, his application CheckFus gave me the base ROM.
  • Credits for the reboot option in the power menu to designgears (his tutorial helped me to change the power menu)
  • Credits for HoneyComb icons to b00sted. Thank you for the permission to use them in my ROM
  • Special thanks to MikeO and dg5fdg from the Android-Hilfe forum. Without their support this ROM would not exist
Download:
Ganbarou GT V0.5a 8.9

Changelog / Features:
V0.5a

• Added faster launcher from ezcats Fluffy ROM
  • Added ICS animations from ezcats Fluffy ROM
  • Changed to new ROM base XXKL4
  • All apps and Live Wallpapers from the stock ROM
  • - ReadersHub (working) with Zinio, PressReader and Kobo)
  • - NeedForSpeed Shift (as it was on the original ROM)
  • - Live Wallpaper Aquarium, Aurora, BlueSea, Deep Space, Holo Spiral, Shilouette
  • Fixed browser "Find on page", now working.
  • Honeycomb icons taken from b00sted AOSP theme (with his permission)
  • Reboot option in Power Menu
  • Rooted
  • Deodexed
  • ZIP aligned
  • Flashable with CWM
  • Added ADB over WiFi, TitaniumBackup (in data/app folder, not in system/app)
  • Changed default wallpaper, lockscreen wallpaper.
  • Ads free host file
  • Changed APN config file to include Softbank Japan

Ganbarou-GT-V0.5.png

Last edited:

fishton

Nov 27, 2005
Great !

Any chance to get it hosted in Europe ? Download is just impossible from uk

Cheers

jenne1980

Apr 10, 2011
Great !

Any chance to get it hosted in Europe ? Download is just impossible from uk
No problem to download it from here (germany).

Edit:

What is the name of the live wallpaper in the opening post (or is it just a wallpaper)? Is it downloadable somewhere?

Last edited:

abima80

Oct 27, 2009
wifi not working

just finish installing your rom the rom feels great but found out that wifi not working.

Upgrade to monley kernel, wifi still not working.

P/s: not working meaning can scan but cannot connect.

kfjunky

Nov 2, 2008
Tokyo
Great to see a fellow Japanese (you are, aren't you?) Dev.

Downloading now!

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk

Flashed and set up.
Using motley's kernel for OC.

Launcher is smooth, no need for Adw anymore.
Wifi connects with no issue.

Thanks for the great alternative!

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Great to see a fellow Japanese (you are, aren't you?) Dev.

Downloading now!

Flashed and set up.
Using motley's kernel for OC.

Launcher is smooth, no need for Adw anymore.
Wifi connects with no issue.

Thanks for the great alternative!

今日は。ごめなさい私はドイツ人です。でも四年まえに日本に来ました。
I am happy that you like my ROM.

wifi problem gone after reflash.

great rom

Sorry for the inconvinience. But as I said in the first post, I have no possibility to test the ROM. So I cannot tell you where the problems came from.
Anyway I am happy that it works now for you.

I won't say completely, but the smoothest I've experienced so far on my 8.9

Give it a try!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

どうもありがとうございました。
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Glad that I can help out here even without having a 8.9er tablet.

htw

Jul 4, 2007
I can Share a link for downloading in Filesonic if BeeGee_Tokyo doesnt have any problem with this.....So i am asking your permission...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honeycomb 3.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 3G (GT-P7300).

[UPDATE]
    Thanks to clicka the update is now working. Forgot a small change in the builds.prop that is necessary for the P7300 tablets.
    Updated the ROM with small enhancements.
    This update can be used only if you already have a Ganbarou GT V0.5a ROM installed. If not, please install first my ROM. This would be a Ganbarou GT V0.5a for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300.

Changelog:
    • Added Recovery reboot to PowerMenu
    • Browser with UAstring options in the settings menu
    • 6 ROM versions available for 10.1 (P7500), 10.1N (P7501), 8.9(P7300), with original Samsung icons and with AOSP icons
    • The bug with the mouse pointer not visible is fixed as well.
    • The versions with the Samsung icons have now the colored icons in the settings.
    • As a small add-on I included the Photo Browser coming from the Acer Icona tab. Really fast and fancy. Check the video on youtube.
    Download:
    [/UPDATE]

With the help of MikeO and dg5fdg from Android-Hilfe forum I could get my P7500 ROM working on the 8.9er tablet.
    My support for this ROM will be limited, as I do not own a Galaxy Tab 8.9. But with your help I think we can solve the problems.

I guess this will be the last Ganbarou GT ROM based on Honeycomb 3.2. As everybody else I am waiting that the CM9 ROM or an IceCreamSandwich ROM from Samsung is coming.

This version of the ROM is based on the XXKL4 stock ROM released for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Italy. It will not change your kernel or recovery. You need to flash them by yourself if you want to change.

You need CWM installed to flash this ROM.

Reminder:
    • Be aware that this is only for the 3G version of the SGT. I cannot test on Wifi, LTE (4G), or 10.1v versions of the tablet. I guess it will not work and you will get into problems.
    • You flash this ROM on your own risk. If you damage your tablet with this ROM I take no responsibility for it.
    • Start SuperUser once after 1st boot to make sure its working correct!
    Credits & Thanks:
    • Thanks to LuffarJoh, his application CheckFus gave me the base ROM.
    • Credits for the reboot option in the power menu to designgears (his tutorial helped me to change the power menu)
    • Credits for HoneyComb icons to b00sted. Thank you for the permission to use them in my ROM
    • Special thanks to MikeO and dg5fdg from the Android-Hilfe forum. Without their support this ROM would not exist
    Download:
    Ganbarou GT V0.5a 8.9

Changelog / Features:
    V0.5a

• Added faster launcher from ezcats Fluffy ROM
    • Added ICS animations from ezcats Fluffy ROM
    • Changed to new ROM base XXKL4
    • All apps and Live Wallpapers from the stock ROM
    • - ReadersHub (working) with Zinio, PressReader and Kobo)
    • - NeedForSpeed Shift (as it was on the original ROM)
    • - Live Wallpaper Aquarium, Aurora, BlueSea, Deep Space, Holo Spiral, Shilouette
    • Fixed browser "Find on page", now working.
    • Honeycomb icons taken from b00sted AOSP theme (with his permission)
    • Reboot option in Power Menu
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • ZIP aligned
    • Flashable with CWM
    • Added ADB over WiFi, TitaniumBackup (in data/app folder, not in system/app)
    • Changed default wallpaper, lockscreen wallpaper.
    • Ads free host file
    • Changed APN config file to include Softbank Japan

Ganbarou-GT-V0.5.png
    It is because the Update is missing
    Code:
    #Samung HWLCD Rotation
    ro.sf.hwrotation=90
    in build.prop.
    This is necessary for the touchscreen on GT-P73xx.

Thank you very very much. I missed this change when I made the update.

I've tried your rom. I installed the v0.5b rom and everything worked fine. Then I installed the Update file (with Samsung Icons) and then the rom was not usable anymore because after reboot I couldn't exit the lockscreen. The tablet just didn't recognize my finger on the touchscreen and I was stuck in the lock screen. I tried some reboots but always the same. Had to restore my stock backup then.

I have the same issue. I've tried both update, with samsung icons and android icons. After every update and reboot the screen always rotate and i couln't exit lock screen.

@jenne1980 & clickinfo
    I uploaded new version of the update (Ganbarou GT V0.5c). With this version it should work.
    Beautiful ROM, thanks!
    But the HDMI rotation issue is not resolved

Sorry, as mentioned in the first post, I have no Galaxy Tab 8.9 and cannot test the ROM on this device. If you find a solution in any other ROM let me know and I will implement it.

BeeGee_Tokyo,
    Are you thinking of getting rid of TW in any ROMs?

Lets wait for ICS and then see if we can get rid of TW. My feeling is that Cyanogen is faster than Samsung, so the first full working ICS ROMs will have no TW because they are based on AOSP and not Samsung specific ROMs.
    Great, thank you.
    nice to see 10.1 roms getting ported over here!
    thanks a lot.