{Xperia P} FAQ and Q&A thread for CARBON ROM by Abhinav2

Search This thread

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
FAQ:
1. When will the bugs be fixed?

-- We are trying our best to fix the bugs present and we hope to do so ASAP.

2. How often will you provide updates?

-- I'll try to provide as soon as possible but due to studies the updates may take some time

3. How can I help you?

-- Try to post more of logcats of errors and submit patches If you really like it consider donating TeamBlueRidge( @kalaker @insink71 @simonsimons34 )(check my signature) as they supported me a lot for this.

4. Which gApps to use?

-- I recommend these- http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2012857

5. Why is the proximity sensor on all the time?

-- Its a feature of carbon known as pocket mode. It doesn't take much battery but still if you want you can turn it off by going to Settings->Carbon Fibres->Lock Screen-> Notifications and uncheck pocket mode.

6. How to access developer options?

-- Go to About Phone in settings and tap Build Number 8-10 times.

7. Why is this feature of Carbon Fibers not working?

-- Carbon fibers are still being ported to 4.4 so may not work properly.

8. Is HALO present in the ROM?

-- Not for now but its being ported to it

---------------------------------------------------------------

You can ask questions about the rom here too!

Last edited:

Guitarhero600

Nov 20, 2012
Budapest
Hi!

My solution is I installed the Walkman mod to the rom but the sound is being hell laggy and strange for a second when I press anything except the physical buttons and swiping.
It was something like when in an older cyanogenmod 11 you locked the screen and the sound became the same laggy.

In cm11 there isnt any problems like this for now.

-ss-

Jan 22, 2013
The carbon rom work just almost perfect for me but I noticed for the game GTA vice city and sand andrea are fc.

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bius88

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
Hi!

My solution is I installed the Walkman mod to the rom but the sound is being hell laggy and strange for a second when I press anything except the physical buttons and swiping.
It was something like when in an older cyanogenmod 11 you locked the screen and the sound became the same laggy.

Try clean install i have no music problem as i listen everyday :) i am on nightly 1.

The carbon rom work just almost perfect for me but I noticed for the game GTA vice city and sand andrea are fc.

I can confirm that.

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

Reactions: -ss- and bius88

Warhoax

Oct 17, 2013
Lembeke
Web browser makes battery drain.Can you fix this?

There's no battery drain for me. How do you know it's the web browser?
If you're really sure it's the webbrowser, you can always disable the APK for a while and see if it's really that what's draining the battery.

I also highly recommend you to disable location services, because maybe it's the browser just searching for your location and then passing it to the website you're currently viewing.

jelo999

Feb 1, 2014
I have noticed the battery drain, and the call lag in this nightly release, didnt happen in the previous release before the camera recording was fixed, cant remember whitch beta. Is it just me :)

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
I have noticed the battery drain, and the call lag in this nightly release, didnt happen in the previous release before the camera recording was fixed, cant remember whitch beta. Is it just me :)

Can't confirm that YET because I do not receive calls regularly.

Why we get now only CM 11 roms around her now ??
That is my biggest question !!

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P
Yeah you know XP dev is kinda dead nowadays so some people want to give new look to their phones so they flash a CM 11 rom.

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
Why we get now only CM 11 roms around her now ??
That is my biggest question !!

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P

Well ya this is the correct thread to ask that question and is completely related to the ROM, isn't it? ;)
Anyways I thought we had freedom to create and share our own works :)

Cheers,
AJ

-ss-

Jan 22, 2013
Video recording is lag alot ...

x7x

Nov 5, 2013
Shahsavar
www.kgallery.tk
bugs report

hi
i have rotate and root acces and bluetooth recive problem ??
and also on each reboot i lost my many apps and i should install again them .
any body have idea about those ?

Last edited:

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
hi
i have rotate and root acces and bluetooth recive problem ??
and also on each reboot i lost my many apps and i should install again them .
any body have idea about those ?

Rotate? Ummm no i dont have the problem. Root? No problem here too. Bluetooth? I tried to pair but always FC cant even send or receive anything.

Edit: on nightly 2(forgot to include)

bhargavbhat

Feb 1, 2013
Bangalore
Keyboard

Thanks for the really good ROM. Liked it a lot, using for the past week on ART without any issues. :victory:
Just a quick question tho, would it be possible to port a keyboard that supports T9/keypad mode? Don't mind if its a flashable ZIP as well.:confused:

Just one issue so far: the application Llama doesn't seem to always get root privileges in time (even though I've added it to the list of super-user apps under Settings). Any idea what might be wrong?

dr_tracker

Jul 19, 2007
Santo Domingo
WIFI sleep issue...

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the WIFI conection, I like to set it to sleep when screen off, but when the phone goes to deep sleep the conection gets lost and I have to turn it off and back on. Tried WIFI Fixer and it didn't help or I missed something in the config. Have WIFI always on in the meantime.

Any sugestions???

Reactions: Necio7

Zainadil

Feb 8, 2014
Im unable to receive updates on my Xperia P. Im currently on BETA 3. Any help?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

defzone

Dec 24, 2013
Playing music in background

Whenever i toggle home button while playing music it suddenly stops but suddenly plays again when i toggle app drawer, btw im using apollo app to play musics, thank you for the great ROM :)

x7x

Nov 5, 2013
Shahsavar
www.kgallery.tk
tested on nightly#2

Rotate? Ummm no i dont have the problem. Root? No problem here too. Bluetooth? I tried to pair but always FC cant even send or receive anything.

Edit: on nightly 2(forgot to include)

i have this problems on nightly#2 too
-auto rotation on gallery (just work on camera)
-recive files with bluetooth and pair with other devices
-my some apps are unistalled on each reboot (not all apps) this is bad problem

i tested this rom on another xp too .

fixed on nightly #3 ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FAQ:
    1. When will the bugs be fixed?

-- We are trying our best to fix the bugs present and we hope to do so ASAP.

2. How often will you provide updates?

-- I'll try to provide as soon as possible but due to studies the updates may take some time

3. How can I help you?

-- Try to post more of logcats of errors and submit patches If you really like it consider donating TeamBlueRidge( @kalaker @insink71 @simonsimons34 )(check my signature) as they supported me a lot for this.

4. Which gApps to use?

-- I recommend these- http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2012857

5. Why is the proximity sensor on all the time?

-- Its a feature of carbon known as pocket mode. It doesn't take much battery but still if you want you can turn it off by going to Settings->Carbon Fibres->Lock Screen-> Notifications and uncheck pocket mode.

6. How to access developer options?

-- Go to About Phone in settings and tap Build Number 8-10 times.

7. Why is this feature of Carbon Fibers not working?

-- Carbon fibers are still being ported to 4.4 so may not work properly.

8. Is HALO present in the ROM?

-- Not for now but its being ported to it

---------------------------------------------------------------

You can ask questions about the rom here too!
    Hi!

Try clean install i have no music problem as i listen everyday :) i am on nightly 1.

I can confirm that.

WIFI sleep issue...

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the WIFI conection, I like to set it to sleep when screen off, but when the phone goes to deep sleep the conection gets lost and I have to turn it off and back on. Tried WIFI Fixer and it didn't help or I missed something in the config. Have WIFI always on in the meantime.

Any sugestions???
    A question, is it ok to update from n2 to n4 without full wipe? Can't try as if i brick i have no pc to recover

Sent my Carbonised Xperia P

Yes. It'll be no problem in doing a dirty flash. But be sure to have a backup :)

Cheers,
    AJ