Asus The New PadFone Infinity (A86) aka PadFone Infinity 2 Thread

Search This thread

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012
Hi,

Since I didn't find a thread for The New PadFone Infinity (A86) aka PadFone Infinity 2, decided to create this thread.
Hopefully this top device gets noticed by developers.

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012
Any MOD for audio? Low handset speaker volume?

As you might noticed, the speaker volume (notifications, ringtones, etc.) of NPFI handset is pretty low even when all volume sliders are maxed out and audio wizard is set to "Music".

I have a rooted device and installed Alsa Mixer from Play Store and tweaked the parameter "RX7 Digital Volume" from within the app. Changed default value of 85 to 100 and was pleased to get a noticeably louder speaker volume. Problem is that the value resets almost instantly and volume level gets back to its default value. Probably because Alsa Mixer installs its own audio driver (alsa amixer) which uses a separate system for assigning values and there is a protection system in place by Asus I think.

I also played with parameters in files below (residing in /system/etc/snd_soc_msm) - tweaked the RX7, RX1, RX2, etc...

snd_soc_msm_Taiko
snd_soc_apq_Taiko_DB
snd_soc_msm_Taiko_CDP
snd_soc_msm_Taiko_Fluid
snd_soc_msm_Taiko_Liquid

saved and reboot, but it didn't make a difference. So anyone has any idea to share? :confused:

P. S. As far as I know the audio engine for NPFI is designed by Wave and is called MaxxAudio, Is it possible that it has something to do with that?

Last edited:

AlexHer

Aug 23, 2011
Moscow
www.alex-group.ru
Thank you for making much needed forum.
Hopefully soon there will be gathered all the essentials.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Hello, friends!
There is good news.
After phone repair service center ASUS found a new firmware WW_A86-10.12.3.116-20140116.
Our friend was surprised at first, but then found the firmware in the phone memory. )))
Keep greetings from Russia.:D
Thanks Russian carelessness...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FPN1MGNiJcbWVoQ2dnRVFGaEE/edit?usp=sharing
On the site it is not!
changes:
1. Kernel (16.01.2014)
2. Camera + gadgets
3. Test more ...

PS
Let there be a also here and UL-A86-WW-10123111:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FPN1MGNiJcWnZJZFhuNGUxRVk/edit?usp=sharing

:highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: ixtlan007

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Hello, friends!
There is good news.
After phone repair service center ASUS found a new firmware WW_A86-10.12.3.116-20140116.
Our friend was surprised at first, but then found the firmware in the phone memory. )))
On the site it is not!
changes:
1. Kernel (16.01.2014)
2. Camera + gadgets
3. Test more ...

PS

hi there, thanks for the update :good:

SparkyRih

Jan 19, 2011
Roermond
Hmm nothing major...

I wonder why the New Padfone Infinity has to wait the longest to get the latest version of Android...

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012
Kingoapp worked ok for me for root.
I had to reboot phone and a PC after a driver install, but that's ok.

Is there a sub forum for PadFones? Would be nice to have a place for this stuff.

There are some other places for PFs.
http://padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum.php

This is not a place for advertisement for forums or products, especially for suspicious applications such as "kingo" root.

Last edited:

simmonghuat

Jul 31, 2014
the button beside home button is not working

my padfone is asus padfone t004 .. before i recently updated, everything was fine. After i updated, (version 4.2.2, not sure if it was really updated or not) something went wrong.. The phone is all fine, but when i insert it into the pad, the button beside the home button on the right is not working (sorry i dont know what they call the button as). anyone has this issue? or already fixed this issue? please help !

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012
my padfone is asus padfone t004 .. before i recently updated, everything was fine. After i updated, (version 4.2.2, not sure if it was really updated or not) something went wrong.. The phone is all fine, but when i insert it into the pad, the button beside the home button on the right is not working (sorry i dont know what they call the button as). anyone has this issue? or already fixed this issue? please help !

The new update 10.12.3.130 has a bug. Apparently Asus is working to fix the bug. Don't panic. Hopefully a bug fix will be released soon.

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012
KIT KAT Released for NPFI

Finally Asus released firmware update 11.2.5.12 for NPFI which updates its android version to 4.4.2
Download links are available at Support section of your device in Asus website.

captkkk

Jun 18, 2007
Hong Kong
Yes, I downloaded it and had mine updated, mine you all, 4.4.x has a known issue, that is all 3rd party apps cannot write to external SD, unless you root it and apply the fix, then either leave it as rooted or unroot it again.

dagstar

Sep 14, 2010
Root 4.4.2 - Build: 11.2.5.26 (TW)

Hi

Just got one of these and it has recently updated from .20 to .26 and now I cant root it? Any ideas?

Is there a way of downgrading back to .20?

Thanks

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
Hi

Just got one of these and it has recently updated from .20 to .26 and now I cant root it? Any ideas?

Is there a way of downgrading back to .20?

Thanks

Check out this thread. Has all info for rooting on all firmwares
http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?15727

I achieved root with RootÖúÊÖ. I just uninstallede kingroot and used supersu instead

I'm with .26 WW and still can't reach root.
@djleez82 can you explain briefly how this chinese tool works? I mean, how can I reach root with that. Thanks!

ixtlan007

Jul 29, 2012
Rooting Firmware 12.4.0.59 - Android 5.0.2 - A86

This post is copied from my own thread in padfoneclub.com so there is no case of stealing :cowboy:

If you want to copy this post on other forums please do not forget to give due credits to original poster. :)

Disclaimer! The procedure described below has the potential of rendering your phone useless if not followed properly. I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHAT SO EVER, IF YOU BRICKED YOUR PHONE WHILE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE. PROCEED AT OWN RISK!

This method is tested by downgrading firmware 12.4.0.59 to 11.2.5.26, which in turn needs a factory reset/ wipe data/ cache/ afterwards. Before anything else back up your important data (ie. contacts, messages, app data, etc) to some place safe outside your phone. ORIGINAL RECOVERY of your phone will be replaced by TWRP recovery

Preparation: (BEFORE ANYTHING REMOVE YOUR SIM CARD AND MICRO SD)
1. You must have USB debugging enabled, allow mock locations (developer options menu in settings)

2. You must have UNKNOWN SOURCES enabled (security menu in settings)

3. To be on the safe side I recommend you disable VERIFY APPS OVER USB, in developer options menu. You can re enable everything after the job is done.

4. You need to download firmware 11.2.5.26, and 12.4.0.59 according to your phone SKU and save it on your computer.

5. Download WINRAR or any archiving software which is able to modify zip files and install it on your computer.

6. Download unofficial TWRP ver 2.7.1.1 ONLY from this link, and save to your computer

7. Download BETA SUPER SU 2.49 from here, and save it to your computer.

8. If you are on firmware, 11.2.5.26, or 11.2.5.30 and rooted you are half way done, if not either you have to upgrade or downgrade depending on the firmware that now you are on. For example if you already upgraded to 12.4.0.59 you need to downgrade first and root, then proceed. There's a thread in padfoneclub which comprehensively discusses way to root Kit Kat firmware so I skip to just explaining downgrade procedure from 12.4.0.59.

9. To downgrade from 12.4.0.59 to 11.2.5.26, you do it in the usual way from recovery except you need to factory reset/wipe data/ wipe cache via recovery beforehand. REMEMBER TO REMOVE YOUR MICRO SD FIRST AND THEN WIPE OR YOU MAY LOSE YOUR DATA ON MICRO SD AS WELL! After wipe, reboot your phone and place the 11.2.5.26 zip in the root of your sd card by transferring downloaded zip from your PC.

10. Downgrade by choosing "apply update from sd card menu item" in recovery and selecting the zip file you just transferred to your phone. Remember to have at least 70% charge on your battery before downgrade or upgrade.

11. After the downgrade process completes your phone reboots, if it is stuck in ASUS logo for a long time (more than 10 min), switch off your phone by pressing and holding power button. Then reboot into recovery again do another factory reset / wipe data / wipe cache and reboot again. Now everything will be OK and your phone boots to initial KK setup. proceed until you are on the home screen. reboot your phone again.

12. make sure that items explained in step 1-3 are checked and unchecked accordingly.

13. Root your phone by your desired method.

NOW THE IMPORTANT STEPS TO UPGRADE TO A ROOTED ANDROID L 12.4.0.59

1. On your PC replace the "recovery.img" in the zip file for Firmware 12.4.0.59 with TWRP recovery that you just downloaded. Both have the same name and it is a simple case of drag and drop into zip file.

2. Now you have 3 important file:
- The modified 12.4.0.59
- The TWRP recovery you downloaded (recovery.img)
- The beta Super SU 2.49

Copy all 3 file to the root of your sd card in your phone.

3. Install "Terminal Emulator" from Play Store, open the terminal and give it root permissions if needed.

4. Type su

5. Then type
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery bs=4096; sync;

(you can copy paste to rule out any typing mistake)

6. After executing the command a number of bytes transfers and the results will display in terminal window. close the window and reboot into recovery as usual, except this time you have TWRP recovery instead of original Asus recovery.

7. Go to "Install" button and select the modified 12.4.0.59 from your sdcard, uncheck "zip file signature verification" then "add more zips" and select beta super su 2.49. zip as well, then swipe to confirm flash.

8. If everything goes according to plan your phone will be flashed with the new firmware and rooted at the same time.

9. Reboot and enjoy!

10. I tried this method on my phone and it all went smoothly, but in case you get errors, you have to figure it out yourself, I WONT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU! AGAIN BE CAUTIOUS, FOLLOW STEPS EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED AND PROCEED AT OWN RISK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-08-14-09-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-14-09-18.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Since I didn't find a thread for The New PadFone Infinity (A86) aka PadFone Infinity 2, decided to create this thread.
    Hopefully this top device gets noticed by developers.

Hello, friends!
    There is good news.
    On the site it is not!
    changes:
    1. Kernel (16.01.2014)
    2. Camera + gadgets
    3. Test more ...

PS