ROM List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

user.unknown

Mar 9, 2009
Hi,
I do realise that one of the moderators have requested not to ask questions or they will be deleted, however, I was wondering if someone (and yes, this is mainly aimed at a moderator) could make a thread with listing all the ROMs with links to the respective threads and Sticky it.
I have seen this done for other devices I have owned in subforums of this site and has made ROM tracking and selection easier, especially for newbies (although this is one of my first posts, I have been with the site for several years now).

Regards and apologies for the request/question.

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
Without sounding l*ke a ****...
I understand you want it stickied here but You should just search google, there's a list compiled of nearly all the DHD ROMs.

You're probably just gonna' get flamed for this post, you need to search properly (On and off XDA) before starting a thread.

G

GuestK007

Ya that would be a nice contribution, if you went and created such a list and kept it updated. good idea! But i agree, if its something you want, do it and youll probably see good responses to that. Asking someone to do easy but tedious work for you, thats lazy and probably not going to happen.

danton11

Mar 6, 2010
Chester
You are right wrong section for questions.

But I'll hopefully answer you.

In other phones sub forums members with some extra time on their hands have created a thread...then if it's suitable mods will sticky it.
Trouble is builds are changed and or updated often and after a while the op of the sticky struggles to keep it upto date.
Most of the best builds are found on the first or second page. Which acts like a sticky in its self! Obviously takes a little more time to navigate the info on each build as some peoples ops are huge! But at least the info is as current as it could possibly be.
At first Rom lists were just what I wanted too but after seeing other stickys for other phones dwindle to being unusable just subscribing to my top threads for each style of Rom I use is more convenient and personal to me.

I hope I finish writing this before this thread is closed!:D

Peace people :p:p:p

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

user.unknown

Mar 9, 2009
Firstly, I would make one more than happily, however, without garauntee that it would get Stickied (which I cannot control for obvious reasons :S) it would be a waste of my time.

Yes I realise I will probably be flamed for this thread. And no offence taken.
After posting this (and then getting the second reply) I realised that I should not have bothered, not for the responses I may (and most probably will) get, but the site does not allow for a non-moderator to delete a thread, not even the original poster (from my knowledge), although I do still stand by my belief that what I have requested/suggested would benefit a lot of people, save a lot of questions/remarks (generally rude and un-necessary) and yes, I would still be happy to compile it, if it were garaunteed to be Stickied.

Regards again

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
lol you didnt get flamed at all taken in account that the thread exists, even better two of them.
one of 3 stickys in this forum:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=936214
and inside that there are at least two links with list of roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=846248
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1079108
which to be honest are quite outdated but never the less are exactly what you are asking for. and the best list is the development forum itself. i am amazed to be able to even post this meaning the thread is still open :p

Reactions: ReyTech

user.unknown

Mar 9, 2009
Ok, thank you everyone for your comments, help and assistance, I do not believe my point was 100% clear to everyone.
I do not have a problem 'myself' finding what I am after, twas a thought for others.
However, I especially thank those of you who clearly could point out exactly how stupid I am for even thinking of such a thing and for proving to me that people cannot read and understand a simple clear post.

Point made, my (seemingly good at the time to reduce rubbish posts, questions and requests (like this)) idea has been misconstruded and misunderstood by those whom I had the belief would be those that would understand simple context the best.

Please can a MOD delete this thread before it gets rediculously out of control.

Regards and appreciation:D

danton11

Mar 6, 2010
Chester
Ok, thank you everyone for your comments, help and assistance, I do not believe my point was 100% clear to everyone.
I do not have a problem 'myself' finding what I am after, twas a thought for others.
However, I especially thank those of you who clearly could point out exactly how stupid I am for even thinking of such a thing and for proving to me that people cannot read and understand a simple clear post.

Point made, my (seemingly good at the time to reduce rubbish posts, questions and requests (like this)) idea has been misconstruded and misunderstood by those whom I had the belief would be those that would understand simple context the best.

? :confused: did you get lots of pm's asking for a Rom list sticky from noobs? I thought your point was 'why isn't there a Rom list in the stickys?' What kind of answer were you looking for? ;)

Last edited:

user.unknown

Mar 9, 2009
? :confused: did you get lots of pm's asking for a Rom list sticky from noobs? I thought your point was 'why isn't there a Rom list in the stickys?' What kind of answer were you looking for? ;)

Nevermind, I thought I was being helpful and even offering to do this work on the basis of it being stickied 'somewhere' clearly. My opinion hasn't been changed by your 'personal opinion' and that is also respected.

Comment was not directed at any individual specifically.

Again, MOD please delete and apologies for the offer ;)

inspiredbyhtc

Apr 22, 2011
San Juan, PR
Working on it

It may not be something necessary but as a user i dont give much to the xda community and since I have long weekend without school Im in the process of creating a list with: Roms, Kernels. tweaks, scripts and recovery will upload asap hope a moderator will stick it once done. Will update this post with link when available.

Edit:

Even if we have Grant Barker list [BTW thanks for that] i will continue my list specially for kernels, tweaks and scripts.
On the link below you can have a view at the format that im going to use [ unless mayority prefers another] its still under construction and features only the first development pages as it is intended to see if i will continue with it depending on replies.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25114172#post25114172

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant Barker
For an up-to-date rom list for the HTC Desire HD, you can use mine.. I update it daily.. http://www.grantbarker.com/#roms

It's been quite popular for about a year, now.

I've used your list quite a few times, although i havn't looked at it for a little while. It's by far the most up-to-date list i've seen and it's good to see that you still keep it up-to-date. A lot of these lists get real old real quick.

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Again, MOD please delete and apologies for the offer ;)

Just because you said the word "MOD", doesn't mean I'll find your post or thread.
Please use the "Report Post" button found on every post. It will then notify me or the other assigned moderators to your post.

Thread Closed.

EDIT: Grant Barkers ROM list will be added to the Sticky Post in the Development Section
Cheers Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts