This morning's OTA failing?

Search This thread

zyperion

Nov 1, 2007
Doylestown, PA
I got a ~17mb OTA update this morning that continues to fail at ~30% during the install (progress bar disappears and the warning triangle pops up for a couple minutes before the tablet reboots and says the update failed). Anyone else running into the same thing?

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
I got a ~17mb OTA update this morning that continues to fail at ~30% during the install (progress bar disappears and the warning triangle pops up for a couple minutes before the tablet reboots and says the update failed). Anyone else running into the same thing?

What rom are you on?

Was it ICS?

Was it HC?

Were you rooted?

Is your bootloader unlocked?

Did you have a modified build.prop?

Point is...we would need a lil more info before you could be assisted in any fashion...

Dan8878

Jan 30, 2012
Got my ota to ICS this morning and it went perfect. ICS 4.0.3 Build is Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1. Cant see any improvment in performance but will check speaker volume with ear buds which was my biggest complaint. Will try to figure out the Acer Ring later. DS

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Got my ota to ICS this morning and it went perfect. ICS 4.0.3 Build is Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1. Cant see any improvment in performance but will check speaker volume with ear buds which was my biggest complaint. Will try to figure out the Acer Ring later. DS

Hi...can you do me a favor...in settings...go to About Tablet and read off the image version and build number please..thanks...

dansul

Apr 18, 2012
Europe

Do you by any chance, remember your build version of the previous HC ? Also, where are you from ?

zyperion

Nov 1, 2007
Doylestown, PA
What rom are you on?
Stock HC

Was it ICS?
No

Was it HC?
Yes

Were you rooted?
Yes

No

No

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
What rom are you on?
Stock HC

Was it ICS?
No

Was it HC?
Yes

Were you rooted?
Yes

No

No

ok....is it HC 3.2.1? or 3.2...

either way....ZeroNull posted what appears to be the ota rom your device would've gotten. If you want...why not flash that to your device? It can be rooted...bootloader unlocked...and clockworkmod/teamwin recovery can be put on it...

Shocker580

Apr 15, 2012
Same issue, how to fix ? :( I want ICS!!

What rom are you on?
Stock HC (with some acer app removed by titanium backup)

Was it ICS?
No

Was it HC?
Yes

Were you rooted?
Yes

No

No

Last edited:

filodicapello

Jan 25, 2007
Same problem, here my details:

What rom are you on?
Stock HC

Was it ICS?
No

Was it HC?
Yes

Were you rooted?
Yes

No

No (I modified it once, but I'v restored the original one)

Shocker580

Apr 15, 2012
I tryed a Hard Reset but nothing to do.. I think the only way is to write at acer support :(

Last edited:

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
I had root when i got mine. I got the 17 meg. Then i went in and did a check for updates it gave me the big ics update and that failed at almost 100% saying the WiFi signal was too week even though i was about 2 feet away from the router it may be the update is corrupted. try flashing the newest hc update it may fix your issue.

filodicapello

Jan 25, 2007
I think I found a solution: I just installed the stock ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611696

Ho to:
1. Download the file in the firs post
2. Rename it update.zip and put it in the root of the external SD (you need a MicroSD)
3. Reboot into recovery: turn off, press volume up and keep it pressed, turn on, wait for update to complete

Hope this help ;-)

Top Liked Posts