"Coming soon" Galaxy Nexus on Google Play. Sold Out?

Search This thread

donniestarko

Oct 2, 2010
Does this mean no more? I wanted to buy a back up =[

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

michel-slm

Jun 29, 2010
Jakarta
Blame that annoying anti-competitive Apple lawsuit. Hopefully the promised update satisfy a US judge enough to get the injunction lifted...

donniestarko

Oct 2, 2010
Blame that annoying anti-competitive Apple lawsuit. Hopefully the promised update satisfy a US judge enough to get the injunction lifted...

So it will only go back up for sale if the judge is satisfied?

Smokeey

Oct 8, 2010
College Station, TX
This is just creating demand. I can't wait to see Google/Samsung win and get the $96m AND THEN sell ton of phones due to hype/people waiting. Imagine all the money....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

wirelessFREAK

Nov 14, 2011
This is just creating demand. I can't wait to see Google/Samsung win and get the $96m AND THEN sell ton of phones due to hype/people waiting. Imagine all the money....

It's also creating a belief, among the ignorant masses, that Google just copies what Apple created.
Works out for them both. The real losers here are Microsoft and RIM.

BTW, AFAIK the patch won't give google any of the 96M. Only proof that Apple wrongfully accused them can do that.

Last edited:

austriker27

Feb 2, 2010
Dang. Looks like I held too long- was thinking of buying a gnex..

Seems like there is a consensus there are two reasons they stopped selling the gnex:

1. Update

2. because of the lawsuit thing.

As far as I understood the lawsuit (but im no lawyer) its a ban against samsung directly selling the gnexus while other vendors (VZ, google, etc) still can. truth? (if so why google play not selling it)

And is the update for JB then? Or did I miss some big news? Why not continue to sell it and upgrade prev models to JB OTA unless to build suspense/demand for it

EDIT: Found a good news article describing the situation. " Apple, as you might imagine, posted the bond quickly, and the Galaxy Nexus was pulled from the Google Play store and other online retailers" apparently the ban applies to all stores but there is hope!

"According to a report from AllThingsD, Google and Samsung have prepared a software patch for the Galaxy Nexus that should resolve the patent infringement on which the injunction is based, allowing the Galaxy Nexus to go back on sale."

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google is issuing an update, it will be back next week.

Sent from my HTC One S