Moto G vs. Moto G Differences

Search This thread

sicembaylor

Dec 7, 2012
I'm about to order my second Moto G (16gb, US GSM) identical to the first one I pre-ordered. Unfortunately, my clumsy ass dropped my unprotected Moto G face first into the concrete cracking the screen. Not the G's fault...my stupid fault. My question is this: My first Moto G was from the first "batch" produced. Are there any minor differences between the first round of Moto G's released and currently shipping G's? Sometimes minor things will be tweaked from batch to batch like the display calibration or even very minor hardware changes from one vendor to another vendor. Just wondering if anything like that has happened that I should be aware of.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Nothing has changed really, you may get Sharp-made screen instead of the usual LG made one, but they both are good, so nothing to worry about.

Moto is using cheaper Hynix-made memory chips on the dual sim versions, instead of the usual Samsung ones which perform way better and less heat output.
Let's hope that these didn't make it to the 1032...

Other than that, everything else should be the same.

Reactions: suhridkhan

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
Nothing has changed really, you may get Sharp-made screen instead of the usual LG made one, but they both are good, so nothing to worry about.

Moto is using cheaper Hynix-made memory chips on the dual sim versions, instead of the usual Samsung ones which perform way better and less heat output.

Other than that, everytghing else should be the same.

My dual sim 16 gb says toshiba .....and ram from samsung

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com

You seems to have one of the better versions of the XT1033, maybe a whole batch was made, no idea, but certainly there are ones with Hynix RAM chips.
The eMMC is made by Toshiba for all Moto G's that I've seen so far, altho they might have another suppliers for NAND flash storage.

imranaryan

Jan 18, 2008
Kolkata
xten-sion.blogspot.com

You seems to have one of the better versions of the XT1033, maybe a whole batch was made, no idea, but certainly there are ones with Hynix RAM chips.
The eMMC is made by Toshiba for all Moto G's that I've seen so far, altho they might have another suppliers for NAND flash storage.

How to check

Recently bought an XT1032 and has Hynix memory :(

PRINCE2013

Feb 16, 2013
Using dual sim XT1033 here with Samsung DRAM. :good:

Date (production date?) under Fastboot > Barcodes is 06-January-2014

Last edited:

sirtbhopal

Oct 21, 2010
Realme GT Neo 2
Interesting thread.. :)

My 1st pre order phone XT1033 16 GB had Toshiba+samsung ...

Now replacement phone have sandisk+hynix :x

Sent From andRoid

Last edited:

lulibuli

Jan 20, 2011
There are also some visual changes. The battery cover on my 16gb from USA is more rubbery, a little brighter, moto logo is silver color and when the screen is off, u can see that is more yellow than 8gb from Tesco which is more black-dark blue(but only when is off, otherwise no difference when on).
So inside difference:
Tesco 8gb: eMMC 8gb Toshiba DRAM: 1024MB HYNIX S4
USA 16gb: eMMC 16gb Toshiba DRAM: 1024MB Samsung S4

sahil_arora05

Nov 26, 2013
Gurgaon
galaxysamsungs6.com
Mine XT1033 dual SIM variant is having SanDisk 16 GB eMMC but DRAM is from Hynix!! :( Can anyone tell me is there any drawback if we have DRAM from Hynix manufacturer?? Please reply soon!! I am worried about my moto G

sahil_arora05

Nov 26, 2013
Gurgaon
galaxysamsungs6.com

Hey, Hynix-made chips are harmful? or is there any drawback in these chips? Please tell me man!! I am worried about my XT1033 as its having SanDisk eMMC and Hynix DRAM!!! If its not good then tell me asap so that I could get it exchanged from flipkart.

sicembaylor

Dec 7, 2012
Interesting. My pre-order 16gb US GSM 'G' has Toshiba and Hynix. It'll be interesting to see if the components in my new phone are any different. If so, I'll duplicate everything on the new phone the best I can and see if it "feels" any different than the previous model as far as performance is concerned.

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
I read this like a 'learn to read' message :) Guess I can always blame the consumerist culture of today. Thanks!

We love our noobs

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Do not worry about hynix or sandisk or whatever

Any ram or emmc no matter toshiba or samsung can develop a fault
just a matter of chance

Reactions: sirtbhopal

nokias3

Jun 17, 2012

Can you tell me, how to chek my screen forom which manifactur was made? I have got 2 moto g (16 gb) from tesco, but with different screen-off colors. One is more blue and the other is more purple-red.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Can you tell me, how to chek my screen forom which manifactur was made? I have got 2 moto g (16 gb) from tesco, but with different screen-off colors. One is more blue and the other is more purple-red.

Try with:
su
dmesg|grep -i panel

in a terminal emulator if you are rooted. Paste output here.I'm not sure tho if that's gonna work or not, Android is weird OS.

The only viable way to me is disassemble and check on the back of the panel.

If someone else can help with a better way to retrieve who the manufacturer of the display panel is, speak up.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wonder how many of these are around.?

Sent from my 4.3_14.14.14
    (Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G
    http://waynekent.com/page6.html

Yes, please. How to check?

Power off the phone...then press power and volume down together to go into fastboot......on top of fastboot screen you can see ram and internal sd manufacturer name

I read this like a 'learn to read' message :) Guess I can always blame the consumerist culture of today. Thanks!

We love our noobs

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Do not worry about hynix or sandisk or whatever

Any ram or emmc no matter toshiba or samsung can develop a fault
    just a matter of chance