[root][port][p600] cf-auto root

Search This thread

odm3xda

Apr 22, 2009
Kuwait
:D no really I tried enabling the other mod without wanam xposed and it did change system status to official but system update still said your system is modified and software updates are not available but when I enable wanam xposed and disable the other mod it does search for updates and says up to date

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
:D no really I tried enabling the other mod without wanam xposed and it did change system status to official but system update still said your system is modified and software updates are not available but when I enable wanam xposed and disable the other mod it does search for updates and says up to date

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

That's what I was saying man :) but then you said it doesn't actually work lol. Either way there is always a way to update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dgsaxhitman84

Apr 26, 2012
Chicago
Stock Rom With Counter Reset

I am just wondering if there is a Stock Rom Available out there with a Counter Reset as I just got this yesterday for my Birthday and really want to root it but want to ensure I can go back to 100% stock if I need to

odm3xda

Apr 22, 2009
Kuwait
Somebody already posted the new firmware link in the general section and cf auto root works

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
No luck here... I keep getting this message from Supersu and no root apps work. I'm on the latest Colombian 4.4.2 firmware.

iR¡D@k!* from my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 via Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397826432512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397826432512.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 585

Peeodee

Dec 23, 2011
I had to install Chairfires SuperSU from the Playstore after you run the root process.

All is well now.

Sent from my SM-P600

wally44

Jan 2, 2012
I had to install Chairfires SuperSU from the Playstore after you run the root process.

All is well now.

Sent from my SM-P600
I had to do exactly that to get root access. Flashing supersu.zip didn't help, but installing SuperSU from Google play after installing TWRP did the trick. All seems to be good (but of course I tripped Knox).

Beemer533

Apr 29, 2011
Syracuse
Hmm, I am feeling like an idiot right now, but I can't seem to get this to work... I downloaded the auto root file in the OP, ran ODIN as administrator and it seemed to work (I got the green PASS); I then downloaded Busybox installer and when that opens it says device is rooted. (i did not install busy box at this point, just the installer app)

I then installed the stock recovery per the OP, then flashed TWRP 2.6.3.3 (using ODIN) and that seemd to all work fine. However, when I try and open TiBu it says I do not have root?

Also, SuperSU won't start (black screen then error that SSU has stopped)

I thought Knox might be my issue, but I can't see how to disable/freeze if I can't start TiBu? I must be missing something here!

i just took the 4.4 OTA update yesterday. ..

TIA...

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

I just tried updating SuperSU in the Play store (that worked fine) but when I try and start it now i get this error - There is no SU binary installed, and SU cannot install it...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire
    Ported To the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Warranty Counter Built into the Bootloader of the Note 10.1.

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
    2.Flash autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
    4.Reboot into download mode again and flash the stock mj4 recovery provided
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
    FILENAME: p600Autoroot.7z(mega)

Disclaimer: when using root apps the system will try to stop you so its recommended to freeze the knox apps with titanium backup or rom toolbox!

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it so any donations would be more than appreciated!
    if you can Donate: Here it would be preffered and leave your xda username as a comment if not here works as well

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49!
    Hi,
    If I root my tablet will I still be able to do the sistem updates that samsung sends?? If so, will I lose the root ?
    thanks!

Cody forgets that we all learn somehow. Hopefully someone will repay his answer with the same (no offense Cody)

Typically updates still come if you only root, but don't take them until you've seen the effects of others doing it. You may lose root and never get it back.

Custom Roms will almost always block updates.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    rooted my tab a few days ago now, just do the folowing :

1) use ODIN 3.09 to flash CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5 (link here : http://download.chainfire.eu/378/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11938873/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip and MD5 is d7cbf6de350a5a15dc6e9ac22042cf95)
    2) use TB to remove unwanted apps (like knox)

I also flashed TWRP but it's not mandatory (just easier to manage roms or backups).
    I just D/L thru mega link in beans original message. Unzipped file & ran through ODIN AP slot. On reboot, it showed the script verbiage running through the root steps, but tablet DID NOT ROOT. Further weird is that SuperSU icon was installed, but somehow it has since vanished. Immediately after reboot I ran my licensed (legit purchase!) copy of TiBu and it said root wasn't active. The procedure did trip Knox, which is no big deal since this thing is a few months out of warranty anyway. Just trying to figure out why the CF file didn't work. Wonder if it has anything to do with versions? I started with 4.4.4 and now the tablet's "About" screen shows 4.4.2. Good news is that everything on the tablet appears to still be working fine.

Any ideas??

EDIT: One more item of note. When ODIN finishes its thing, the PC software interface status shows RESET on a blue background, and the instructions say that should show PASS on green. Tablet auto-reboots from there without me having to do anything.
    The file in the OP of this thread works on 4.3, but not 4.4.x

Use this instead:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-10-2014/development/root-cf-auto-root-t2905495
    Stock MK1 recovery

I zipped up the MK1 recovery md5 so you can flash this with odin after rooting. Just unzip and put the recovery.tar.md5 file in the AP slot after rooting.