[Q] whatsapp badge counter

Search This thread

olivertan92

Jul 30, 2012
Was having dinner with a mate. He has a galaxy s 4. 4.4.2 kit kat

I'm using a note 3 4.4.2 kit kat as well but I do not have whatsapp counter. Is there anything I can flash to make the counter appear? Tried notify er. Is there anything else I can do?

<3

missmawarlina

Aug 13, 2011
Was having dinner with a mate. He has a galaxy s 4. 4.4.2 kit kat

I'm using a note 3 4.4.2 kit kat as well but I do not have whatsapp counter. Is there anything I can flash to make the counter appear? Tried notify er. Is there anything else I can do?

<3

Have u tried whatsapp+ ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

olivertan92

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Playing around with whatsapp + but is there a special setting for it. I have already tick counter but doesn't seem to be working

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Counter is sucks, sometimes didn't clear the counter after reading messages. It happens often, if you read the massage via Notification Bar :(
Last Update didn't solve the problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Edit:

After recreate the icon on homescreen it seems to work now :)

Last edited:
It's a new feature in the latest whatsapp update. Don't you people read the update info before you click it?

What's New
add option to group mute dialog to show/hide notifications
add option to delete media files when deleting media messages
add unread count badges for Samsung devices (recreate your homescreen icon if it is not working)
fixes to allow more audio attachments
add Slovenian and Azerbaijani translations

I suggest you update Whatsapp. Mine showed up right away, but if not, re-add the icon.

Reactions: buell47

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Yes, I read it, but i overlooked the Part with recreating the homescreen widget :)

Now it works.

Edit :

Works NOT [emoji35]

Last edited:

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Same crap as before the update. [emoji35]
Sometimes badge counter won't resettet after reading all messages.

No matter how i open new messages, via widget or notification bar.

Supposedly, this update should fix that issue!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

freedom1973

Dec 12, 2013
Mumbai
No unread count badges

It's a new feature in the latest whatsapp update. Don't you people read the update info before you click it?

What's New
add unread count badges for Samsung devices (recreate your homescreen icon if it is not working)

I suggest you update Whatsapp. Mine showed up right away, but if not, re-add the icon.

I have Samsung Galaxy Grand. Even after uninstalling & re-installing WhatsApp and recreating homescreen icon, unread count badges does not appear on icon!!!

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
I have Samsung Galaxy Grand. Even after uninstalling & re-installing WhatsApp and recreating homescreen icon, unread count badges does not appear on icon!!!

Are you using stock TouchWiz launcher?

That counter works in TouchWiz if app supports it since it's TouchWiz feature. I use Nova launcher and don't have that counter (Because it works ONLY in TouchWiz, If I'm right)

Spere

Aug 7, 2013

And In Nova with TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher.
But without any 3rd party notifier app that badges count work only on TouchWiz if app have that feature + permissions

Apps with
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE" />

permissions most probably have badges count :)

0v3rl04d

May 17, 2010
And In Nova with TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher.
But without any 3rd party notifier app that badges count work only on TouchWiz if app have that feature + permissions

Apps with
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE" />

permissions most probably have badges count :)

I use Nova with TeslaUnread and it's wonderful! Try it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's New