[Updated] Increase app storage, Swap memory on magnus A117.

Search This thread

droid-devz

Dec 15, 2013
Just after installing FEW HEAVY apps in my magnus and later when they developed cache, my device started showing low on space type notification .
When i saw in settings/apps then only 64 mb space was remaining.​
Its not any type of issue like m using more or less apps thats why m getting this.​
This is a general issue as with time increases apps develop their cache and they become bigger and bigger hence occupy space.
We have got only 800MB or something as internal storage so sooner or later we are supposed to have memory issue.​

Using the guide below, I have made my internal space 1.9 GB or, i have completly swapped phone memory to apps only.
I have made these files for me keeping in mind that everyone have a good capacity memory card and hence no need to use internal space.

Original guide :- HERE

Download The files below in attachment linked and flash them with SP tools.
Select scatter loading, select the files and click on DONWLOAD

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-23-18-12-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-23-18-12-44.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 23,988
Last edited:

gaurav291

Apr 11, 2014
Great Work

:good:
Just after installing FEW HEAVY apps in my magnus and later when they developed cache, my device started showing low on space type notification .
Its not any type of issue like m using more or less apps thats why m getting this.​
This is a general issue as with time increases apps develop their cache and they become bigger and bigger hence occupy space.
We have got only 800MB or something as internal storage so sooner or later we are supposed to have memory issue.​

Using the guide below, I have made my internal space 1.9 GB or, i have completly swapped phone memory to apps only.
I have made these files for me keeping in mind that everyone have a good capacity memory card and hence no need to use internal space.

I will complete this thread #ASAP.

attachment.php

:good: great awaiting how did you do that please share tutorial for Micromax A117 Magnus

Reactions: KaaliRaat

knuckleduster

Nov 1, 2008
waiting for that bro

Really need that ,obviously this kind of thing will be there for other models , but having this procedure in our dedicated thread and from a trusted member would be great
waiting for this

droid-devz

Dec 15, 2013
Well, if you are worried about Warranty it's coz you are very new to xda. soon you will find how to flash stock rom and get warranty back.
Perhaps, This process is done using sp tools so no need to have root.
And no one in service center ever gonna find what you done to your phone.

gaurav291

Apr 11, 2014

Attachments

• MMX_MAGNUS_A117.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,848

vatsaman

Nov 30, 2012
Hyderabad
Help this noob

Please tell me where do I get the scatter file. Selecting EBR files throws me "incorrect scatter file format" error.

mid jos

Nov 26, 2013
thanks for the update:good: any way is it possible to increase the rom while i have rooted with framaroot:confused:

Chirag.k

Jul 26, 2014
Please Help

After doing this process, how much memory is available for the Internal SD card. And How much memory is available for the phone storage?

PiyushGupta

Apr 9, 2014
Bikaner
Thanks Bro

thanks bro it helped..
but you need to specify more details about the process i think..
it's a bit complicated for beginners.
I attached the working scatter file for those who need it.

anyway.. thanks again.. thanks a lot.
:good::)

Attachments

• MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
    525 bytes · Views: 487

MrDublin

Aug 9, 2005
Kansas City
Help

I have a BLOM and I used this process. I never got the green circle when it was done, but it worked. I would like to adjust it, but it doesn't work. When I choose a different EBR file and run it again, nothing changes. Is this a one time deal that can't be changed? Any help would be appreciated.

varunjoshi

Feb 11, 2015
Pune

attachment.php

I used these files to swap the media storage to app storage...but it left no space to store my media:crying: am i needed to edit the ebr files??

akash9889

Mar 6, 2013
Gurgaon
Working on Nexus 5 rom

Do you recommend the Nexus 5 Rom on the Micromax A117? What are the benefits and what are the downsides you have found.
Is the Battery life any better? Can you reduce the size of the annoying large icons on the screen and base bar?

Nexus ROM is stable and simple. I have installed and tested many roms including lollipop but reinstalled this Rom. It is recommended :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

In EBR2 the file is a0 so reducing it by 1 will be what exactly? :confused:

Here are EBR Files flash them using SP Flash Tool .
    Yes I successfully increased my data partition of Micromax Magnus A117 from 1 GB to 2 GB

I followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2596030

You will have 2gb storage for apps and 600 mb for internal storage after flashing modified EBR files.

28cdrnr.png

nbrhoj.png

sw6bye.png

9lacs3.png
    Great Work

:good:

I will complete this thread #ASAP.

attachment.php

:good: great awaiting how did you do that please share tutorial for Micromax A117 Magnus