[HOW-TO] No music controls in notification bar for GB

Search This thread

[Headcrash]

Nov 5, 2010
Hi

This is how to remove the music controls in the notification bar if you deleted the LG music player and installed another one instead:

1. Get your SystemUI.apk from your ROM

2. Decompile it.

3. Open /res/Layout/indi_music_control_bar.xml

4. Change at the end of the second line

android:layout_height="77.32999dip"

into

android:layout_height="0.0dip"

5. Compile it

6. Replace the old SystemUI.apk and reboot.

Last edited:

gahu7

Sep 2, 2012
can you send me the edited SystemUI.apk for Gingerbread, I can not get to work apk tools on my computer

PeePay

Aug 14, 2009
Has something changed in Gingerbread? Because in Froyo, I just launch the Music app, press Menu, tap Settings and uncheck the option that says Show notification, that's all. Works as charm.
By the way, how come you guys have stock Optimus 3D Gingerbread? Mine with Froyo says there are no updates available.

[Headcrash]

Nov 5, 2010
ssesds The

Has something changed in Gingerbread? Because in Froyo, I just launch the Music app, press Menu, tap Settings and uncheck the option that says Show notification, that's all. Works as charm.
By the way, how come you guys have stock Optimus 3D Gingerbread? Mine with Froyo says there are no updates available.

If you delete the LG music app, the controls are still there, even if you disabled them in the app before uninstalling. Is you device a branded one?

PeePay

Aug 14, 2009
If you delete the LG music app, the controls are still there, even if you disabled them in the app before uninstalling. Is you device a branded one?

I did not delete the app, I have it in the phone, I just don't use it. I simply unchecked the setting and the controls are no longer there.
Since I got the device from a carrier, I am not 100% sure if it is not branded (I did not compare the ROM version), but:
a) It is not that usual in our country to sell branded devices
b) There is no carrier logo on the front or back cover
c) There is no carrier logo in boot animation
d) There are no custom carrier-specific apps
So I tend to believe it is not branded.

[Headcrash]

Nov 5, 2010
I did not delete the app, I have it in the phone, I just don't use it. I simply unchecked the setting and the controls are no longer there.

This thread is just for people who use another music app and deleted the LG music app what is necessary not get get issues with lockscreen Music controls

I
Since I got the device from a carrier, I am not 100% sure if it is not branded (I did not compare the ROM version), but:
a) It is not that usual in our country to sell branded devices
b) There is no carrier logo on the front or back cover
c) There is no carrier logo in boot animation
d) There are no custom carrier-specific apps
So I tend to believe it is not branded.

same result with no brand

Did you try LGMobile Updater tool on your PC?

k8500

Hi

This is how to remove the music controls in the notification bar if you deleted the LG music player and installed another one instead:

2. Decompile it.

into

5. Compile it

I'm trying to get rid of the music controls (and the quick access buttons above) on the LG E400 Optimus L3. Believe me, this is much worse there :-/. There are no settings in the music app, and I also don't know how to do steps 1, 2, 5, 6 :). I know, no noobs, but I need a starting point. Anybody care to help?

OS_Hacking

Sep 10, 2012
Hey ?? Why use that complex way just launch music app and then press menu --> more --> setting --> uncheck the notification ..

Sent from my LG-P920

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

There are no setting just press menu and then tap " more " and then there is the settings .

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

Kaleptik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2009
www.acidhazardrom.com
Hey ?? Why use that complex way just launch music app and then press menu --> more --> setting --> uncheck the notification ..

Sent from my LG-P920

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

There are no setting just press menu and then tap " more " and then there is the settings .

In custom ROMS, if you removed the music app, the music bar stayed in the notifications permanently.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II w/AOKP

grish

Jun 22, 2012
I just disabled it in the music app.
I am on the latest ThiaiZ ROM.

cjx75

Aug 12, 2008
Anyone tried successfully decompile and recomplie the SystemUI.apk?? I tried all method in the forum. None of them work for me. Any advise?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

2. Decompile it.

android:layout_height="77.32999dip"

into

android:layout_height="0.0dip"

5. Compile it