[Q] archos 79 xenon freezing at the start-up logo

Search This thread

pat2211

Apr 30, 2014
I tried to root my 79 xenon using frama root, it worked but a few days later my 79xe keeps freezing on the start-up logo " archos entertainment your way". I contacted the store where I bought this tablet and they told me that they need the stock firmware to fix this problem. I have searched but nothing found, also no reponse from archos customer service. I would be greatfull to you if anyone can provide me the stock rom of Archos 79 xenon.

pat2211

Apr 30, 2014
I hope the firmware will availble soon :(. Can I extract the firmware from the others ?

star1304

Dec 3, 2008
Recovering from start up freeze.

I bought this tablet and root it using kingo root. The tablet froze at the welcoming display the next day and the only solution I discovered is to boot into then recovery (vol up + power on) and execute a factory reset. It boots OK and kept the root.
Now it is the 2nd day and I am keeping my fingers cross.
Have anybody found the reason why? And anybody with a link to a recent stock firmware.

Derek

iCoder79

Mar 17, 2013
I know the thread is a little bit old, but hopefully this would help someone someday. I did fall into a bootloop with the Archos 79 Xenon while I was trying to deodex its ROM.

Here's the link to the firmware of the Archos 79 Xenon as provided by their support. I'm downloading it currently, so I can't really tell if it is the original 4.2 or an updated one.

http : // update. archos. com/ AFMv1/ storage/ / files/ full/ a79xe/ 20140708.134233/ update.zip (542MB) [remove spaces, sorry, but the forum rules prevent me from sharing external links, yet :confused: ]