[Q] Mistakes were made with Titanium Backup

Search This thread

driger8642

May 12, 2013
Hey guys, so the problem is as follows....

I rooted my T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 and installed Titanium Backup to delete bloatware apps. Now I've done this process countless times on other android phones in which I BACKUP first then start deleting apps. The problem is that this time I accidently forgot to do the backup and went straight into uninstalling apps. I didn't do many, most likely around 5-6. No problems were detected till i restarted my phone and noticed my lock screen. The clock and personal message had disappeared. Everything else is fine, just no sign of clock and personal message, the highlighted box is there but there is nothing there. My pattern lock and lock screen background picture is there just the clock and personal message is gone. Any suggestions?? It can be anywhere from downloading a apk file to restore the change to restoring the phone completely, thanks in advance.

MoodSwinger

Dec 5, 2011
Suburban "D"
Hey guys, so the problem is as follows...

If your not too far along, which by your post I'm assuming your not, prob best just to start over fresh. You might be able to find the right apk but the time involved in tracking it down then getting it is the trade off.

also maybe you've done this / know about it, just a suggestion...use the freeze option before deleting, if I'm getting rid of something I make a back-up or get the full stock so I have it on hand, then just freeze stuff for a couple days before deleting. Found it's saved me lots of headaches from this type of thing. Then if somethings messed up just unfreeze.

Good Luck

driger8642

May 12, 2013
If your not too far along, which by your post I'm assuming your not, prob best just to start over fresh. You might be able to find the right apk but the time involved in tracking it down then getting it is the trade off.

also maybe you've done this / know about it, just a suggestion...use the freeze option before deleting, if I'm getting rid of something I make a back-up or get the full stock so I have it on hand, then just freeze stuff for a couple days before deleting. Found it's saved me lots of headaches from this type of thing. Then if somethings messed up just unfreeze.

Good Luck

By start fresh you mean factory restoring my phone? And/or flashing stock rom? Thanks for the reply btw, you are correct, im not that far off

driger8642

May 12, 2013
Thanks guys, I used Factory Reset first to clear all the data followed by flashing the stock image using Odin and that seems to have solved my problem, thanks once again.

#SOLVED