[Q] OnePlus One vibration feedback problem

Search This thread

Ichigo66

Aug 18, 2008
Hi, I bought the OnePlus One 2wks ago via aliexpress. So far I absolutely love this phone especially for the price.
So my problem is when I first received the phone the vibration feedback when pressing the back/home buttons and keyboard feedback were really great a solid little buzz that gave the phone a quality feel about it much like the HTC. Since the last update XNPH25R (which may just be coincidence) the vibration has become stronger and an audible buzz is now heard from the phone. My question is has anyone else had this problem and would be a hardware and or software problem. Personally I'm thinking its a hardware problem as I tried flashing the original rom prior to the last update and still had the same problem.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly welcomed.

mrdarling4

Jul 16, 2014
Same Issue Here

Hi, I bought the OnePlus One 2wks ago via aliexpress. So far I absolutely love this phone especially for the price.
So my problem is when I first received the phone the vibration feedback when pressing the back/home buttons and keyboard feedback were really great a solid little buzz that gave the phone a quality feel about it much like the HTC. Since the last update XNPH25R (which may just be coincidence) the vibration has become stronger and an audible buzz is now heard from the phone. My question is has anyone else had this problem and would be a hardware and or software problem. Personally I'm thinking its a hardware problem as I tried flashing the original rom prior to the last update and still had the same problem.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly welcomed.

I'm having the same issue with the vibration/haptic feedback being almost a sound as much as a vibration. i just got mine Saturday and updated right away.

vwauditech

Apr 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Yes. I am not happy with the vibration quality on the device. It feels like it's more loose and rattles. It's more annoying than the yellow tinting on the bottom of my screen.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ichigo66

Aug 18, 2008
Yes I agree it gives the impression something has come loose. What's more annoying for me is that is was not like that out of the box. I don't notice any yellow tinge on my screen. Other than that for $400 I do still like this phone.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium HD app

madgalaxy

Mar 9, 2006
Tampa
So is the consensus that the "tingy" vibration feedback started when the latest update was applied? Has anyone tried another rom (I.e. Mahdi, CM nightlies)? My One+ will be here next week and really do not like tingy vibe motors! If it is hardware related I will turn off all vibration feedback.

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
I just got this phone yesterday and I notice the same rattle when I touch the capacitive buttons. It doesn't matter how strong or weak I make the vibration, it is still pretty loud.

Alaris

May 25, 2012
The is a setting where you can turn the vibration down. It's set to 100 by default which I find to be to high.