pocket internet explorer 6 beta issues

Search This thread

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
Well seeing how some of the chefs have started including pie 6 into there roms i thought maybe we can see about getting any problems discovered fixed or remedied...

The problem i have discovered is that pie 6 is not resizing the pages like the way it used to for my tilts screen, for example its set for a vga res when the 8925 is qvga, and i think that this is related to it, that when i try to stream any video using say, orb, that the video resolution is way to big for my screen.

Now i think that it reads the resolution from pie 6, which is detecting a resolution way too big which explains why it is not resizing for mobile properly in pocket internet explorer 6 and the larger then normal resolution in streaming video.

If theres a way to fix the detected/displayed resolution in pie 6 that would be great.
or heres an idea.. maybe someone could provide a cab that could revert pie 6 back to 5 if thats possible.

Thanks for anyones time on this.

Last edited:

savedid

Nov 27, 2008
Well seeing how some of the chefs have started including pie 6 into there roms i thought maybe we can see about getting any problems discovered fixed or remedied...

The problem i have discovered is that pie 6 is not resizing the pages like the way it used to for my tilts screen, for example its set for a vga res when the 8925 is qvga, and i think that this is related to it, that when i try to stream any video using say, orb, that the video resolution is way to big for my screen.

Now i think that it reads the resolution from pie 6, which is detecting a resolution way too big which explains why it is not resizing for mobile properly in pocket internet explorer 6 and the larger then normal resolution in streaming video.

If theres a way to fix the detected/displayed resolution in pie 6 that would be great.
or heres an idea.. maybe someone could provide a cab that could revert pie 6 back to 5 if thats possible.

Thanks for anyones time on this.

sorry i cant answer your question. but just wanted to ask where u got ie6 mobile from? could u load it somewhere for others to download if possible

Cheers

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
thought id be helpfull here and inform anyone who's interested that i have solved the issue with pie6 mobile and page resizing/ detected display resolution.

turns out the chefs have been importing the registry for pie6 without reviewing it first.
if you check at:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Height
and
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Width

these keys set the displayed resolution of web pages on pie6, they were set to 1024x768, obviously too big.

by correcting these set of keys to 320x240 you will find that pie6 now resizes all pages correctly. (for landscape at least)

Last edited:

wshader

Sep 24, 2007
Albany, NY
It's been awhile since I've used it but have a problem with PDA Ultimate V9(I think?) where IE6 is cooked in and freezes as soon as the page reaches 51kb loaded... not that big of a deal, I pefer opera mini for normal browsing and skyfire when I need it. Could always update the rom been awhile and see if theres been improvements but I love my phone the way it is.

udanii

Nov 1, 2004
mumabi
pie 6

is there ne way that i can go back to previous version pf pie w/o upgrading the rom,

thanks

gaurav udani