[Q] Roms do not work properly

Search This thread

freidchikin

Apr 11, 2012
I have 2 custom roms on my phone, cyanogen mod 7.1 stable and miui v.2.4.6.
Cyanogen has everything working except there is a wifi error, meaning i cant use wifi at all. Miui reboots by itself every few seconds, but i wanna be able to use it. What to do? These are the 2 best roms around, and none of them work!

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
I have 2 custom roms on my phone, cyanogen mod 7.1 stable and miui v.2.4.6.
Cyanogen has everything working except there is a wifi error, meaning i cant use wifi at all. Miui reboots by itself every few seconds, but i wanna be able to use it. What to do? These are the 2 best roms around, and none of them work!

We need some information about your IncS. What HBOOT version are you running? What method did you do to S-OFF and root your phone?

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
I'm gonna go ahead and guess. Bootloader unlocked, still on stock kernel.

Flash boot.img found in the rom zip using the fastboot flash boot boot.img command.

Reactions: tpbklake

freidchikin

Apr 11, 2012

My hboot version is 1.16, s-on with htc bootloader unlock. Then used clockwork mod recovery. I thought ya didnt need s-off?

And yes it still screwed up after doing boot.img (i tried it before on both roms)

keroro430

Jun 19, 2011
Try to downgrade the hboot to 1.13 and get a revoluationary s-off.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007

Flash boot.img found in the rom zip using the fastboot flash boot boot.img command.

My hboot version is 1.16, s-on with htc bootloader unlock. Then used clockwork mod recovery. I thought ya didnt need s-off?

And yes it still screwed up after doing boot.img (i tried it before on both roms)

Ok then the quote above you was spot on. You simply need to manually flash the boot.img when you an unlocked bootloader.

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide

Correct. You do not need s-off to flash a custom rom. I strongly advise against attempting to get s-off if you cannot correctly flash a rom.

You mentioned "tried doing" a boot.img. You cannot use the one in your cwm backup folder as this is not the right one. It must be from the rom you wish to install. This must be done EVERY TIME you change rom on an unlocked bootloader. You should also be wiping cache, dalvik and data.

Last edited:

freidchikin

Apr 11, 2012
Same problem. I flashed boot.img from the right rom. I did all of those procedures and it still constantly restarts. Also wifi no work. What wrong with miui?

AymaR13

Feb 3, 2012
Bangalore
My two cents.. and two questions

Same problem. I flashed boot.img from the right rom. I did all of those procedures and it still constantly restarts. Also wifi no work. What wrong with miui?

Did you remember to do a "wipe data/factory reset" and wipe the dalwik cache before installing the ROM? Did you see any error messages right after the installation?

Does CM7 restart as well, or is it only MIUI? I remember this happening to me with Virtuous Quattro, and the download file turned out to be faulty. Check that as well.

And no, you do not need s-off to run MIUI.

Last edited:

freidchikin

Apr 11, 2012
yes, i did all of that. I do not think the download file is faulty, but i dont know how to check. No, only miui is the rebooting, cyanogen mod only has wifi problem

AymaR13

Feb 3, 2012
Bangalore
yes, i did all of that. I do not think the download file is faulty, but i dont know how to check. No, only miui is the rebooting, cyanogen mod only has wifi problem

I have had WiFi problems with MIUI, but not the one you describe here, and have never seen this with any of the ROMs I have had on my phone, specially Cyanogen. Have you tried flashing Virtuous Quattro or Kaijura's Ice Cream Sandwich?

And to check the downloads, use an md5 checker; there are many available on the internet for free.

freidchikin

Apr 11, 2012
Well miui keeps crashing, so i gave up on it.

I am using cyanogen stable 7.1 and everything is working fine except wifi. It wont detect any networks and sometimes it would say that the wifi or settings is not responding. Does anyone know how to fix the wifi?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.