Who rocks their Nexus S without a screen protector?

Search This thread

ejcleunamme

Nov 27, 2008
Marikina
never liked screen protector because it gets scratches immediately and it makes the phone ugly. been using this without any protector and i only got one very tiny hairline scratch, i think because of some very pointy object or toy that my daughter played with it, but even if this phone doesnt have gorilla glass the scratch resistant glass installed is very durable and doesnt get scratched immediately.

Gambler_3

Oct 30, 2011
Been rocking it naked for 10 months. It has taken some beating but didn't shatter and the body has stood up so remarkably well. So much for "cheap" plastic haha.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

rony1234

Feb 23, 2008
No protector here too for the past 2 years. Very small negligible 2 or 3 scratches, can't even be seen except if you thoroughly clean and hold at a slant towards light. The protector would ruin the feel of the oleophobic covered screen. Given a choice I'd never use a screen protector.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

darkmillian

Dec 11, 2012
No screen protector until my phone kisses the ground, now it got 4 big-@$$ crack line running all over it last month, now I'm using screen protector just to keep the screen intact, repairing costs like 100$ so now I'm gonna bear with it until I can get myself a GNex.

PS: The screen "heals" itself,

irfan834u

May 29, 2013
i used it without screen protector but it was getting scratches...

Sent from my LG-LU6200 using xda app-developers app

whiteferrett

Jan 10, 2011
im just wondering when people will realize that the cases and screen protectors are actually more harmful than useful to their phones?

dark'em

Aug 4, 2012
Chiajna, Ilfov
im just wondering when people will realize that the cases and screen protectors are actually more harmful than useful to their phones?

Remember that the Nexus S dosent have Gorilla Glass, so it actually helps to have a screen protector, and if by harmful you mean that a case interferes with a screan protector well just buy a case that only covers the back and sides and that has holes in it

The111

Jul 4, 2010

Maybe "people" would realize sooner if you actually provided the reasons behind your statements. Since you clearly know something the "people" don't, simply telling them "I know something you don't" doesn't accomplish anything. Tell us why. :good:

jmindset

Oct 18, 2012

Really? I'm pretty sure that screen protection is good. Cases nor so. I feel that they help heat devices to fast.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using xda app-developers app

Jaask83

Oct 29, 2013
plus.google.com
Using it since two years without any protector. No scratches despite an almost invisibile 3mm long scratch in the upper right corner.

Inviato dal mio Nexus S utilizzando Tapatalk

murfi

Jan 17, 2012
i use it without screen protector or case since it came out. no scratches at all, although i dropped it multiple times from about 1.5 meters height. the border got damaged and the back cover has a rather large crack, but the screen it like new.

kaspertje100

Jan 13, 2012
I've been using my nexus S for two years now without screen protector or cases I dropped it like a zillion times no cracks until yesterday it really fell like 30 cm and now I got this huge crack in my screen lal time for nexus 5!!

Btw I also had really smile scratches of 1mm because of my keys in my pocket.

didit456

Feb 29, 2012
I've been using my nexus S for two years now without screen protector or cases I dropped it like a zillion times no cracks until yesterday it really fell like 30 cm and now I got this huge crack in my screen lal time for nexus 5!!

Btw I also had really smile scratches of 1mm because of my keys in my pocket.

Okay , I decided to remove my screen protector . :D

paydy12

Jan 21, 2013
Hyderabad
Depends on how you use

If your fingers are soiled often wen using the phone, you would have scratches over a period of time. I have been using it for some time now. with the screen protector and without it for some time and managed to get some scratches on the screen. So better use a screen protector if you can afford it. It would stay new when you change the SP.

michalurban

Jul 11, 2010
Near Prague
Im usually being polite, but this ...

... time, Im not gonna be. Go to hell with this opinion AND with your attitude!

Now, to say something on the topic - Ive always used screen protectors and I always will. Ive never experienced any problems regarding visibility or touchscreen responsiveness so for me, theres no reason to change that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    had a generic screen protector..
    lots of scratches on it and a lot of dust on both top and bottom of screen

after reading this thread and seeing all the comment about it not scratching easily

i decided to rip mine off when no one was looking :D

WOW.. never seen the screen without it.. looks amazing and so far so good

and the oleophobic coating is amazing as well... no rainbow smears when swiping

will run like this for a week and i'l see how it goes

so far so good :)

EDIT:

didn't even last a day

found out my oleophobic coating is inconsistent.. no coating at the bottom half.. really annoyed
    also i managed to get a micro scratch on my screen =[
    Ordered a anti-glare screen protector now :p
    I think building up a castle around a phone is "iPhone user style" :D
    I've had my NS since launch and have dropped it multiple times while getting out of the car and forgetting it's on my lap... No case or screen protector and not one scratch on the screen. I have a couple of scratches on the corners of the back cover, but they are pretty minor. I also don't keep anything else in the pocket I put my phone in, so that helps prevent scratches more than anything.
    I always chuckle when I see people using screen "protectors" They should call them screen quality destroyers. That's the only purpose they serve. Useless in my 5 years of smartphone usage.
    Back is destroyed, sides are dented, screen must have picked up a star on the rainbow road: still unscathed

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus S avec Tapatalk