[APP][4.0+] gFile - Simplistic File Manager, Fast. Reliable. Simple.

Search This thread

TheUnkn0wn

Nov 27, 2011

5JpHu.png

5JviH.png

gFile is a minimalistic file manager that allows you to organize files on your internal storage and sdcard with four objectives in mind. Simple, minimal, fast and elegant. File managing has never been easier.

Features
- Rename, Copy, Cut files and folders
- Create files and folders
- Modify file permissions
- View current storage capacity
- Access any storage medium
- Dark theme

Future Features
- Better tablet support
- Video thumbnails
- Text editor
- File/Folder information

62z5p.png

gFile - Play Store

* PLEASE report any bugs, I can't fix them if I don't know about them!
* If you have any feature requests/suggestions please let me know.

Last edited:

Cinthiar

Jul 15, 2011
Looks nice. I will give it a try. Root access in future? :) Good luck with the project.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Sorry didn't notice it already has root access. :)

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Seems like a pretty good file manager to me. Might even beat es explorer in my daily use! :)

seVIIn7

Jul 10, 2011
I will give it a try on my note 3

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Works great on Note3

Last edited:

TheUnkn0wn

Nov 27, 2011
Please could people write reviews? I'm looking for some constructive criticism of what you like and don't like.

e.g : thoughts on the price of the pro version, colour scheme, speed, UI layout? Also features you would like to see.

Thanks!

TheUnkn0wn

Nov 27, 2011
- Added feature "Set initial directory" (As requested from feedback)

I cannot stress enough for feedback, please post your thoughts!

peddarson

Aug 20, 2012
Okay, you want feedback:
Maybe an option to hide folders which require rootaccess. This would probably clean the interface a bit more for an inexperienced user who confused when he sees all the different folders and names

Sc4ryB3ar

Mar 3, 2012
Plymouth
Google Pixel 5
Kinda digging this so far, bought pro version so I could play around with root options, but haven't delved to deep yet.... I'll re-review when I get to that point. Nice development :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Neefy

Apr 29, 2011
Copenhagen
Making root access a non-pro feature would be unfair on the people who have already paid for it.

What do you mean by detail view and list view?

You will lose a lot of customers if you don't, by detail view try to open es file manager, there you can change the view to a variety
If you're working on Windows there's a view called detailed view, check it out.

I like the design of your app, your main competition will probably be lime browser, check it out.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

TheUnkn0wn

Nov 27, 2011
You will lose a lot of customers if you don't, by detail view try to open es file manager, there you can change the view to a variety
If you're working on Windows there's a view called detailed view, check it out.

I like the design of your app, your main competition will probably be lime browser, check it out.

Cheers

The view is already detailed, it tells you everything you need to know. Name, size, permissions. I made it based on simplicity, I don't like these file managers with a ton of options. Some of them I can't even figure out how to copy a file.

Neefy

Apr 29, 2011
Copenhagen
The view is already detailed, it tells you everything you need to know. Name, size, permissions. I made it based on simplicity, I don't like these file managers with a ton of options. Some of them I can't even figure out how to copy a file.

Yes, but the line is too thick, so if you're scrolling through a folder with a lot of files in, it'll take a long time

TheUnkn0wn

Nov 27, 2011
Yes, but the line is too thick, so if you're scrolling through a folder with a lot of files in, it'll take a long time

You can use the search feature ;)

Scrolling isn't that slow, I can scroll through my pictures folder in a second or so. It has 150+ photos in it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5JpHu.png

5JviH.png

gFile is a minimalistic file manager that allows you to organize files on your internal storage and sdcard with four objectives in mind. Simple, minimal, fast and elegant. File managing has never been easier.

Features
    - Rename, Copy, Cut files and folders
    - Create files and folders
    - Modify file permissions
    - View current storage capacity
    - Access any storage medium
    - Dark theme

Future Features
    - Better tablet support
    - Video thumbnails
    - Text editor
    - File/Folder information

62z5p.png

gFile - Play Store

* PLEASE report any bugs, I can't fix them if I don't know about them!
    * If you have any feature requests/suggestions please let me know.

I really like your app. I waited for minimalistic file manager. Price for Pro is acceptable.
    What about translations? I would help you with German translation.

Please add the feature to show/hide hidden folders (the ones with the dot at the beginning of their names).

One bug: initial folder does not work. I set my internal sd card as it.
    Maybe it is because it reads the current folder and saves it automatically.

And I don't like the way to exit the app. I press back while in my sd card to exit the app and it navigates to root directory of my phone and then I can exit the app.

Please add an extra option under settings dots to exit the app. And with back button just that far as initial folder is set. To go up further please add something else.

Found something more. Sorting files and folders is a bit strange. First the app sorts folders with capital letter then with small leading letter and then files.
    I would suggest to ignore upper and lower case.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.
    - Fixed a number of bugs
    - Added icons to dialogs
    - Moved 'MOUNT R/W' button
    Looks great, loving the minimal look. One feature that would be nice is the ability to bookmark folders/directories and maybe have a sidebar or whatever there called (swipe from left to right brings up a menu, like Gmail, plays store etc) to view them while keeping it uncluttered

Now that's a very good idea!
    Just a small suggestion. For multi selection make it so u dont have to long press on each item. Its slow and awkward. Instead add a "select all" button or make it so after u long press one item to activate "multi select mode" you just tap adxitional items.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

There is already a 'Select All' button. ;)

- Updated icon (yet again)
    - Made multi-selection easier