Root and recovery question

Search This thread

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
I just figured out how to s-off/unlock with rum runner after an extremely long and frustrating day.. but I did not obtain root from it. Is that supposed to happen? So now I need root and twrp. What can or should I do? I will use adb or anything to get this moving because I wanna start flashing roms! (; thanks for your responses

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

Darkmx2000

Nov 4, 2009
Charlestown
I just figured out how to s-off/unlock with rum runner after an extremely long and frustrating day.. but I did not obtain root from it. Is that supposed to happen? So now I need root and twrp. What can or should I do? I will use adb or anything to get this moving because I wanna start flashing roms! (; thanks for your responses

Have you flashed a custom recovery? If so all you need to do now is flash this Super SU zip and you'll gain root access.

http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012

Custom roms are pre-rooted. As long as you flashed TWRP you can start flashing the rom of your choice. You flash TWRP in Fastboot. Refer to the TWRP thread for instructions.

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
Got twrp and root to flash on lunch break can't wait to try a Rom woot!

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
Will do. Do I need to flash a kernel or anything or can I just go ahead and flash the Rom

Top Liked Posts