[Q] Crazy Boot Loop *help*

Search This thread

iiKevin

Jun 11, 2011
This morning my Nexus 5 decided to die. It's stuck in a boot loop. I've never rooted, or done anything crazy to my phone. Haven't even downloaded an app in a few days, maybe a week or more. I am running stock 4.4.2.

My morning started just right. My alarm on my phone went off letting me know it was time to go to work. Then after I got ready, I picked up my phone and checked emails, facebook, instagram, you know.. normal things I do every day. I put it in my pocket and proceeded to get into my vehicle to drive to work. I then checked the time. All of the sudden after I press the power button to see, it turned off. I then went to turn it back on by holding the button. It showed "Google" then turned off. That's when I knew I was in trouble. It then began... The boot loop of death. This thing sometimes gets to the four Google colors, then shuts off..but this is rare. I can't even do the whole volume down + power deal. I can.. but I can't make a selection because the phone restarts.

WHAT AM I EVER TO DO.

I tried the hard reset with the two buttons, obviously as I stated above, that doesn't work. I tried downloading this to see, but turns out you need to access the bootloader. I cannot do this either.

My question is, do I send it in for warranty work, or is there some magical way to fix this?

Charlus97

Jun 17, 2012
Bordeaux
charley.sedeau.com
Well,

Even if there was a way to repair, I would not keep a phone that had this kind of problem. I think, you should call Google and ask them for a RMA.

While they send you the new Nexus 5, you can try to repair the old one (if anybody is able to provide you a "fix"). If you're able to repair it : great, backup your data and use the new phone (and send the old one to google, like you would do for a RMA).

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
The power button has record of getting stuck on its contacts. Some have fixed it by hitting the phone against a table. Obviously not recommended
and as it's an internal hardware fault, Google will replace it. .

iiKevin

Jun 11, 2011
Might be a stupid question, but are you sure it has battery? Maybe plug it in for an hour and try again.

Yes, it was fully charged.

The power button has record of getting stuck on its contacts. Some have fixed it by hitting the phone against a table. Obviously not recommended
and as it's an internal hardware fault, Google will replace it. .

This actually makes so much sense. I know sometimes when locking or unlocking, the screen would flash. So this, I believe may be the problem. I didn't even think about that.

Well,

Even if there was a way to repair, I would not keep a phone that had this kind of problem. I think, you should call Google and ask them for a RMA.

While they send you the new Nexus 5, you can try to repair the old one (if anybody is able to provide you a "fix"). If you're able to repair it : great, backup your data and use the new phone (and send the old one to google, like you would do for a RMA).

Google is usually pretty good with their RMA process, except they make you pay up front. But looks like I'll have to do what I gotta do.

Thanks everyone!