[MOD] LCD Density - DIY!

Search This thread

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
Ok guys, people seem to be having problems using the LCD Density changer app, so I am making this write up to help you out :)

If you would like to make your Droid X look like this...

snap20100831_161931.png

snap20100831_161924.png

snap20100831_161855.png

snap20100831_162338.png

snap20100831_161955.png

Then follow these steps.

Method 1 - ADB

1. Download LCD Density w/ 2.2 market Fix - This also contains the 2.2 market fix (without the stagefright)
2. Put the build.prop in your android-sdk\tools folder
3. Connect your phone via usb, make sure it shows up with adb devices
4. adb remount
5. adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
6. adb reboot

Method 2 - Root Explorer

1. Copy the build.prop to the root of your SD card
2. Long press on build.prop
3. Select "Copy"
4. Navigate to /system
5. Click R/W in the top right corner
6. Paste, and overwrite
7. Reboot

Your screen will now look like this, giving you much more space. And If using ADW launcher, you can use 6 X 5 rows of icons!!

Now if you really like to do things yourself, in the build.prop..
Change
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
to
ro.sf.lcd_density=200

push, reboot.
If you want to revert back, just push this Stock Build prop back into place.

Credit to the guy who made LCD Density app, but it did not work with Droid X phone and koush's recovery installed. People had to SBF, so this post was necessary.

Last edited:

Joe92T

Aug 19, 2009
New Hampshire
Jacked mine up.. the method works fine, the only problem is that apps are completely screwy now.. the apps only show up in the original size so if your screen is 4 inches the app is only displaying in like 2.5 inches of space and the rest is just black now, also cause some fuzziness with some various icons in the notification bar ( battery etc).. definately gonna revert back

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
Jacked mine up.. the method works fine, the only problem is that apps are completely screwy now.. the apps only show up in the original size so if your screen is 4 inches the app is only displaying in like 2.5 inches of space and the rest is just black now, also cause some fuzziness with some various icons in the notification bar ( battery etc).. definately gonna revert back

Weird. Works perfect for me.

lilmoney30

Feb 23, 2008
mi
Yea I love it but a few of my apps are also little now. I'm gonna rock it tonight and see how I feel in the morning.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

thegoshem

Sep 13, 2009
Worked well for me as well.
Thanks very much.

FYI
I couldnt adb remount (got an error, not sure why but whatever)
I had to boot into recovery, then do an
Code:
adb shell
then just (assuming your modified build.prop is on the sdcard root)
Code:
mv /sdcard/build.prop /system
exit & reboot!

jdifiore1

May 30, 2008
i recently Download app running 2.2. Changes resolution to 220 and let app reboot phone only to be stuck on Black screen after moto logo.tried rebooting and wiping with no luck. PC wont connect with phone either... i can only get into system recovery> any ideas guys????

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
i recently Download app running 2.2. Changes resolution to 220 and let app reboot phone only to be stuck on Black screen after moto logo.tried rebooting and wiping with no luck. PC wont connect with phone either... i can only get into system recovery> any ideas guys????

Yeah, dont use that app. That is the whole reason I created this mod. That app is causing problems.

Restore your nandroid backup, assuming u were smart enough to make one before messing with the phone the like that :) IF not, now you know! always nandroid before a mod!!!