Galaxy Nexus stuck on Google logo boot loop help [GSM]

Search This thread

tigersgt

Feb 11, 2009
I am running the stock rom without root and unlock and I got the 4.0.2 OTA update 3 days ago. Today when I do the pattern unlock my phone froze and reboot. Now I cannot get pass the Google logo boot screen.

I am able to get into the recovery mode but I don't want to do a factory restore as I don't have anything backup yet.

Is there any solution to this boot loop problem? I am surprise that I am getting this problem as I am running the stock rom without any root / mod.

If there is no solution to this, is there any way I can backup my phone before doing the factory restore?

Many thanks!

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
You can back up via adb. Try searching in the General threads, since there's a long topic on this...

Good luck!

tigersgt

Feb 11, 2009
Thanks, I do find information about backup, but I can't find anything regarding the bootloop...

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
When i got stuck at the Google screen with a bootloop i booted into the bootloader/fastboot screen with vol up+down power and i redid the one click all process and it basically rewiped my device and put it back to working again with unlocked bootloader rooted etc....

All you have to remember is what build number you have and let the toolkit work its magic.

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
Why did make 2 threads about this. Unlock the boot loader and use adb to flash your stock. Image files. You will loose all data unfortunately but I think that's the only way to fix it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

subhramani

Oct 28, 2009
Bangalore
headbangers.in
Ok I'm stuck with the same problem now. I wanted to flash a ROM, so I downloaded AOKP, flashed it and rebooted and the phone refuses to boot past the Google logo and keeps rebooting again and again. I am able to get into the recovery. I have flashed the ROM several times and its still the same. I have done a complete wipe as well. Still no go.

Fastboot command doesnt work in the bootloader either. I have made sure the drivers are installed, still there is nothing when I type fastboot devices. If I type any fastboot command it just says <waiting for device> or something like that.

Any other suggestions? :-s