Lag games

Search This thread

oik01

Sep 4, 2011
so ive been really annoyed with game lag on my phone recently . I used to think it was just a normal part of android and the way its system works and keeps interrupting the processer to do other tasks in the background while I play, but amazingly enough i looked at some youtube videos and saw people playing on it with pretty much 0 lag. So what do you think I should do to get this fixed?

1. My set up is as follows: Inspire 4 G running Absolution Rom overclocked to 1.3 GHz whenever i open a game, using ADW launcher with 7 home screens and 8 main widgets apart from shortcuts on my home screens : widgets = android pro widgets facebook widget and calendar widget, speak to it assistant widget, some random clock widget, time magazine widget, CNN widget, evernote widget and a bookmarks widget. One day ago i also installed chainfire 3D trying to solve this but havent noticed any reall difference and the NENA mark test actually got worse with only 29 FPS now instead of my previous scores of 32 and 34 on a regular basis. active programs that i think the system would keep on all the time are whatsapp, Go-SMS, email, tasker, and the call recorder.

2. the games lagging that ive tested so far: temple run and real racing 2. gun bros used to lag on the stock rom but is okay on absolution.

so what do you think is my problem? should I download some plugin for chainfire? overclock some more? is it my widgets?? also would a phone slow down with more programs installed? I have a large 32 Gb Sd Card, does that affect my phone's speed?

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
so ive been really annoyed with game lag on my phone recently . I used to think it was just a normal part of android and the way its system works and keeps interrupting the processer to do other tasks in the background while I play, but amazingly enough i looked at some youtube videos and saw people playing on it with pretty much 0 lag. So what do you think I should do to get this fixed?

1. My set up is as follows: Inspire 4 G running Absolution Rom overclocked to 1.3 GHz whenever i open a game, using ADW launcher with 7 home screens and 8 main widgets apart from shortcuts on my home screens : widgets = android pro widgets facebook widget and calendar widget, speak to it assistant widget, some random clock widget, time magazine widget, CNN widget, evernote widget and a bookmarks widget. One day ago i also installed chainfire 3D trying to solve this but havent noticed any reall difference and the NENA mark test actually got worse with only 29 FPS now instead of my previous scores of 32 and 34 on a regular basis. active programs that i think the system would keep on all the time are whatsapp, Go-SMS, email, tasker, and the call recorder.

2. the games lagging that ive tested so far: temple run and real racing 2. gun bros used to lag on the stock rom but is okay on absolution.

so what do you think is my problem? should I download some plugin for chainfire? overclock some more? is it my widgets?? also would a phone slow down with more programs installed? I have a large 32 Gb Sd Card, does that affect my phone's speed?

No need for chainfire...
1. what i know from my personal experience, is that sense roms are ram hungry so you have to pretty much kill all the apps before playing games.

2. If you want good gaming experience? get LC ICS as it has the latest gpu drivers for adreno 2xx, and overall gaming on it is much better according to my own experience.

HTCinspiration

Aug 15, 2011
Tulsa
Absolution isn't a Sense ROM. I use Absolution as one of the ROM's on my SD card on my Boot Manager & it plays Temple Run flawlessly. With no overclock or ChainFire & undervolted -50ma. It's something with ur setup. Did u do a full wipe before flashing Absolution?

Last edited:

oik01

Sep 4, 2011
Absolution isn't a Sense ROM. I use Absolution as one of the ROM's on my SD card on my Boot Manager & it plays Temple Run flawlessly. With no overclock or ChainFire & undervolted -50ma. It's something with ur setup. Did u do a full wipe before flashing Absolution?

yup, full wipe then restored only applications with titanium backup

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA