How to install apps to SD card

Search This thread

bewpy

Oct 6, 2013
really? no one can help me make it so my apps start to install to my sd card from now on? Ive tried using adb to change the install directory.. not seem to be working, idk.. please help though :/

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Moved to Q and A, and request OP not to bump threads within twenty four hours, and probably best to be humble in your bumps too, you are asking for help from others, so be nice;)

bewpy

Oct 6, 2013

Ive tried it.. it says my external or internal memory is emulatted or something and that my sd card shares the same disk with os? idk what this mean.. i was told to use Link2SD or something instead of move2sd.. and I tried that as well, and couldnt seem to get it to work.. I used Aparted and partitioned my sd card, before hand as well.. maybe im doing something wrong? Anyone know of a tutorial for using aparted/link2sd?

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Ive tried it.. it says my external or internal memory is emulatted or something and that my sd card shares the same disk with os? idk what this mean.. i was told to use Link2SD or something instead of move2sd.. and I tried that as well, and couldnt seem to get it to work.. I used Aparted and partitioned my sd card, before hand as well.. maybe im doing something wrong? Anyone know of a tutorial for using aparted/link2sd?

Looks like you got an lg phone which has an sd card emulated by your system. Try rom toolbox lite to change install location.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app

bewpy

Oct 6, 2013
Looks like you got an lg phone which has an sd card emulated by your system. Try rom toolbox lite to change install location.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app

does doing it through rom toolbox work better then doing it through adb? cause I used adb to set install location to external, but that didnt seem to work , unless i did it wrong. but I checked the install location after and it said it was set to external

bewpy

Oct 6, 2013
Okay i set it to external through rom tool box, but when i install an app, my sd card is still empty.

bewpy

Oct 6, 2013
Okay, well I figured out how to get my problem fixed using ROM Toolbox.. I didnt change the default install destination. I made a script that runs on boot that just basically uses my SD card for internal and external both. So now my apps install to my external.

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
mount -o bind /data/media /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
chmod 777 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

This works for the LG Optimus L9 LGMS769