use s5 only as a camera?

Search This thread

johnboy693

Sep 27, 2013
So I have a bazaar question. I'm going out in the desert for week and want to use my s5 as a camera only. Is there a way to disable EVERYTHING so just the camera works to conserve battery? I know I can do airplane mode and such, but I'm sure there's still things going on in the background that will drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
disable them

So I have a bazaar question. I'm going out in the desert for week and want to use my s5 as a camera only. Is there a way to disable EVERYTHING so just the camera works to conserve battery? I know I can do airplane mode and such, but I'm sure there's still things going on in the background that will drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!

In setting
go to each app you don't want and disable it
the disable option is beside force close. for 4.0+

Reactions: johnboy693

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON

Thanks in advance!

Last time I been to a bazaar I bought some smoked ham and sausages.
I think you meant "bizarre"

On another note I like that you are going to a desert. It would have been awfully strange if you were to take pictures of dessert using only your S5 for a week.

johnboy693

Sep 27, 2013
Last time I been to a bazaar I bought some smoked ham and sausages.
I think you meant "bizarre"

On another note I like that you are going to a desert. It would have been awfully strange if you were to take pictures of dessert using only your S5 for a week.

Thank you, that was so very helpful in letting me know that my text to speech software sucks and that I should freeze it.

As to the other post. Yeah I went in and did that. I just didn't know if there was a batch way to disable all the safe things to disable then unfreeze them again when I'm back in civilization and will need them again.

jzmtl

Sep 9, 2011
Montreal
Sounds like a pain in the butt to disable then re-enable everything, there's an option in developer options that don't keep any background activities active, might help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    disable them

Thanks in advance!

In setting
    go to each app you don't want and disable it
    the disable option is beside force close. for 4.0+