Networking via bluetooth? possible?

Search This thread

garryjn

Dec 28, 2003
I just noticed my bluetooth adaptor supports some kind of LAN thing.. so it got me wondering..

Would I be able to use the bluetooth connection on my xda2 to share the internet connection without going through activesync?

Would I also be able to access shared folders on the LAN?

wezoo

Dec 30, 2003
ive been wanting to do this as well

its gotta be possible , but i think theres a problem with the bt stack ?

would be nice to sit in my yard and browse the web tho, without forking out twice for internet use

garryjn

Dec 28, 2003
I've got it working through activesync - but activesync has the annoying habit of disconnecting every now and then just for the hell of it.. especially when transferring a lot of data...

Would also be cool to be able to stream movies/music from my network to the pda..

acurtis007

Aug 4, 2003
Sydney
www.c1au.com
Can we setup a Bluetooth Internet Access Thread for this?

Yeah - Half of the forum is asking the same question - There's a dozen different approaches everyone's trying - But I'm not having much luck. I can do it all fine on an iPAQ but the iMate / XDA II is being a cow!

That's WITH or WITHOUT the Widcomm stack. :(

ADMINS! Any chance we can setup a thread for this?

THanks!
Andrew

monika69

Dec 23, 2003
Warsaw, Poland
Re: Can we setup a Bluetooth Internet Access Thread for thi

acurtis007 said:
Yeah - Half of the forum is asking the same question - There's a dozen different approaches everyone's trying - But I'm not having much luck. I can do it all fine on an iPAQ but the iMate / XDA II is being a cow!

That's WITH or WITHOUT the Widcomm stack. :(

ADMINS! Any chance we can setup a thread for this?

THanks!
Andrew

I do not know whether is makes any difference but I am talking about bluetooth add-on functionality on XDA I and not the most recent version

regards,
monika

matmcken

Jan 14, 2004
How to install BluetoothGPS

I have downloaded the BluetoothGPS.zip file - does anyone have any instructions on how to install

Cheers

Matmcken :?:

ajax

Dec 8, 2003
the zip file contains a cab file that you need to copy over to your XDAII. Once you have done that , double click on it to run it. Simple as that.