USB Drivers for Epic 4G Touch

Search This thread

SAShady

Jun 27, 2008
Connect to the computer with usb debugging disabled. It will install a driver, then unplug, enable usb debugging, and you should be able to see it with adb

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: propo161

PhantomPhreak53

Aug 8, 2010
Livermore
www.bytely.com
Connect to the computer with usb debugging disabled. It will install a driver, then unplug, enable usb debugging, and you should be able to see it with adb

It installed some drivers when debug was disabled but now it is enabled and it still doesn't show in adb devices

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

what drivers are you refering to? are you trying to access your USB storage inside the phone on your computer or what are you trying to do? which USB drivers are you refering to?

I want to be able to connect via ADB. I have Win7 64 bit and can't find a driver for my phone.

bbedward

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Cleveland, OH
It installed some drivers when debug was disabled but now it is enabled and it still doesn't show in adb devices

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

I want to be able to connect via ADB. I have Win7 64 bit and can't find a driver for my phone.

Same deal, works fine in linux though

KYT

Oct 15, 2009
Louisville, KY

I installed the USB drivers from Samsung before I connected the USB.
This method does not work.
My computer does not see my device at all, though it is charging.
it doesn't mount with debugging on or off
WTF!

Ideas?

Windows 7 32-bit

Last edited:

KYT

Oct 15, 2009
Louisville, KY
!!FIXED!!

Have you tried installing Kies? It delivers E4GT drivers during installation.

I did actually, and Kies couldn't see the phone.
Also, the phone did not see a USB connection, though it was charging
per the documentation I tried to mount as mass storage device through Wireless and Networking. This didn't do anything either, phone still charges.

I had borrowed the USB cable from a co-worker, I had him plug it in to his phone, and it works just fine, just XP machine sees his phone.
Turns out, its something with the cable.

rummaging around for another cable, I noticed I had my XOOM and its cord with me. Its the same type, but its the Moto brand one (if that makes it any different?)
plugged it in instead just for ****s and giggles. It works.
Phone just doesn't like his cable for whatever reason.
Now Win7 sees the phone, and Kies sees it (doesn't like the debugging mode but whatever)

His cable was an LG branded one. Any one know if there's something different?

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
I've tested 2 LG branded usb cables and they do not work. Same thing you described.

I found it in pull it out half way the phone recognizes USB and the computer sees the phone but if I try to transfer files I get a "device disconnected" error... Or something like that. I can see the files, just can't touch 'em.

I could not believe that the cable is have been using on tons of devices for years wouldn't work only on this one. I'd sooner believe it was the computer. So I grabbed a coworkers much newer LG branded cable and same thing... I still didn't believe it after testing 2 cables on 3 computers... Though I had a hunch from the first second I plugged it in I still can't believe it... And then I read this.

Explanation please, lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Sep 21, 2011
Baltimore
I downloaded Kies as well, and it did install a driver called "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device", but I don't think this is what I need (trying to root).

Whenever I open Odin w/ the phone connected, no COM port mapping number displays...

Using the USB cable that came w/ the phone.

tenazrael

Nov 16, 2010
Deleted original post.

Just go to this forum and download the USB Android Drivers from 1) Prerequisites of the Rooting process.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342728

FYI - I had to use the provided Samsung USB charger cable for my computer and phone to communicate. Otherwise, my phone would only charge, but it would not show up as MTP-Connected (or USB Connected).

Last edited:

AVAH0LIC

May 12, 2010
Colorado
I installed the USB drivers from Samsung before I connected the USB.
This method does not work.
My computer does not see my device at all, though it is charging.
it doesn't mount with debugging on or off
WTF!

Ideas?

Windows 7 32-bit

My exact problem and I started a thread yesterday about it --- some people have suggested some things to try, none of them worked for my case but check here and try some of this stuff

--- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1435271 ---

Like I said my issue is still occuring, I'm heading to Sprint tomorrow for a replacement

taufunc

Jan 8, 2012
My exact problem and I started a thread yesterday about it --- some people have suggested some things to try, none of them worked for my case but check here and try some of this stuff

--- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1435271 ---

Like I said my issue is still occuring, I'm heading to Sprint tomorrow for a replacement

Have you considered getting your USB adapter/port checked for issues? It could be possible that the adapter no longer has the ability to send data, but only charges the E4GT when connected; try using another USB port on your computer.

Last edited:

AVAH0LIC

May 12, 2010
Colorado
Have you considered getting your USB adapter/port checked for issues? It could be possible that the adapter no longer has the ability to send data, but only charges the E4GT when connected; try using another USB port on your computer.

Tried all ports --- updated all drivers... even formatted my computer... its definitely the phone.

I have three computers here and none of them are working with it --- and the weirdest thing that I just noticed === it seems like its just showing the charging animation... I left it plugged into my computer when it was supposedly charging, screen turned off, check back in 20 minutes and it had gone down by 20% --- it's just like its triggering the charging animation

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
If your phone will charge but won't transfer data, there is a strong possibility it is actually a problem with the cable. I tested 3 LG micro-usb cables which all worked fine with an LG phone, but would not transfer data with the Epic 4G Touch. The would only charge. I thought my USB port was busted at first also because I tried 3 different cables and this is the first time I've encountered a situation where micro-usb cables were not universal.

AVAH0LIC

May 12, 2010
Colorado
If your phone will charge but won't transfer data, there is a strong possibility it is actually a problem with the cable. I tested 3 LG micro-usb cables which all worked fine with an LG phone, but would not transfer data with the Epic 4G Touch. The would only charge. I thought my USB port was busted at first also because I tried 3 different cables and this is the first time I've encountered a situation where micro-usb cables were not universal.

Thats strange because that is all I've used were LG cables... they have worked fine for me since day one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In actuality, the absolute best cable to use for this device, is a blackberry cable. Go figure huh? ;)
    In actuality, the absolute best cable to use for this device, is a blackberry cable. Go figure huh? ;)

Rapid charging and it holds in place like a champ! I'm actually using a micro sd white cable I got on eBay for 3 bucks. Way better quality than the Samsung one I got which ended up breaking after only a few months.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4