[Q] Is there a working version of HTC Sync Manager on Mac for the One X ?

Search This thread

Tibler

Apr 16, 2012
Hi there !

Pretty much all my problem lies in the title : is there a version of HTC Sync Manager that works on Mac computers for the One X ?

Everywhere the documentation seems to say yes ("[...] for PC and Mac", "download the .dmg file", etc.), but on the official site i can't find a link to the reffered .dmg file, neither it is on my phone, and when I ask the support where I can find the file mentionned, they answer me : "To use HTC Sync on Mac, please install Dualboot and Windows, then install HTC Sync Manager" :confused:

I managed to find a Mac version of the software somewhere on xda-developers for others version of HTC, but my phone still isn't recognized by the application.

So... anyone here managed to get that one working ? I know there exists other free (or not) applications that can do the same, but I kinda liked it on first sight on my PC. I tried SyncMate but even though my contacts were originally freshly updated it wanted to delete about 48 of my contacts and modify 20 others :eek:

Thanks in advance for your time !
Tibler

dawkinsmj

Apr 18, 2012
I was going to look for HTC Sync for the MAC but will hold off for now, you could install Parallels Desktop then Windows 7 which allows you to run Windows 7 within the MAC OS no need for a Dual boot then. :)

Tibler

Apr 16, 2012
I was going to look for HTC Sync for the MAC but will hold off for now, you could install Parallels Desktop then Windows 7 which allows you to run Windows 7 within the MAC OS no need for a Dual boot then. :)

I don't think I would be able to access my OSX Address Book that way either.

I used to do it quite simply with my 'old' Sony Ericsson W995 and the iSync application. Finding out it couldn't work that way with my One X still makes me sad :(

Lalami1990

Aug 5, 2006
I'm having the exact same problem! :( I was an iPhone user since 2007 and always used iTunes to sync data. This is my first Android and I totally love it but its sad I can't get it to sync with my Mac. When I connected my One X to my Windows PC and set it to HTC Sync mode on the phone, the HTC Sync program begins to install but when I do it on my Mac, it says the device isn't recognised.

tell4ever

Apr 18, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
i have the same problem

i have the same problem but there is and app called the missing sync,, which is amazing u can transfer itunes, iphoto, contacts and call logs and much more
give it a try :)

Tibler

Apr 16, 2012
What's good with HTC Sync is that it's free too. I don't think I want to pay 40$ to try an application :(

toonhead85

May 29, 2011
Virginia
http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/

The site says the software is coming soon. So lets hope that it actually is coming soon and will allow the playback of protected content like it states it will!!

http://www.htc.com/www/help/htc-one-x/ -- at the bottom -- Note: Download and install HTC Sync Manager, when available, from our website. Or in the meantime, download and use the latest version of HTC Sync to sync your media and data.

Reactions: Tibler

Tibler

Apr 16, 2012
And I always thought HTC Sync and HTC Sync Manager were the same thing...

Thank you for that eye opening revelation. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long !

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
I am on the same boat too, used iphone for 4 years now decided to change to HTC. But looks like HTC is not quite Apple friendly. I have a macbook so no way i wana bootcamp window and sync from window.

HTC really need to get this Sync Manager ASAP for mac users otherwise they will lose some clients as new iphone coming soon.

bluesdealer

Aug 23, 2007
... Hanging on to your Macs with a death grip, are we?!
[/URL]

Uhm... yes. I left the world of clunky Windows operating systems running on craptastic generic machines, sloppily thrown together by shoddy manufacturers, many years ago and I have no plans of returning. Furthermore, the HTC One X will be my last HTC device until they learn how to properly support their products. Funny thing is, I said this back when I bought the 8925, only to find it had no display drivers, rendering its fancy GPU practically pointless.

These guys need to get a clue. We may not be the majority, when comparing OS platforms, but Mac users number well over 100 million and Apple is the largest manufacturer of personal computers on the planet. Samsung has Kies running on Mac, with a link neatly placed right beside the Windows version. I'll be ditching my One X in favor of a Galaxy S3. Good riddance, HTC.

Top Liked Posts