OTA update with S-Off

Search This thread

iTeeXDA

Dec 7, 2011
Toronto
I have a rooted Sensation with CWM. I just got an notification for the ICS update through Bell.

Now I know I need to get stock recovery before doing the update.

How can I flash the stock recovery? I tried searching in the Development section but couldn't find anything. Can anyone point me into the right direction to get this update.

Thanks.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I have a rooted Sensation with CWM. I just got an notification for the ICS update through Bell.

How can I flash the stock recovery? I tried searching in the Development section but couldn't find anything. Can anyone point me into the right direction to get this update.

Thanks.

Here is a download of the stock recovery just flash it via bootloader.

Reactions: iTeeXDA

_delice_doluca_

Apr 26, 2011
istanbul
do we have to have stock recovery for updates? now i am using stock 3.32 rom with S-off, unlocked bootloader and touch recovery with regular CID.. no root no custom rom and still can't get the updates in the future?

Paten

Apr 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
You should still be able to download the OTA but it will fail because of the custom recovery. But it should be a simple matter to flash the stock recovery back, do the OTA update, then reflash your custom recovery.

Reactions: _delice_doluca_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Here is a download of the stock recovery just flash it via bootloader.
    You should still be able to download the OTA but it will fail because of the custom recovery. But it should be a simple matter to flash the stock recovery back, do the OTA update, then reflash your custom recovery.
    I flashed the stock recovery, it went fine. When I try to update it will get stuck on a red question mark over the device and restart without updating.

What should I do?

Rom should not be rooted too... Then only ota installs

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves