[Q] Battery not responding while plug in? Cannot turn on my phone now!!

Search This thread

LamSiuBilly

Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone. I bought my Xperia Z2 (Taiwan Ver.) in Hong Kong.
It was still OK yesterday and sometimes I charged it,
it didn't detect and it's not charging. This may be the problem of my power line because I changed the other one and it worked.
And I charged it with the problem one and it showed "Charging".
This morning I just couldn't turn on my phone. I tried many plugs, USB lines and it showed nothing. Then I used the dock to charge but it didn't work.
Please help! I don't think they will fix it for free......
These are the symptoms:
1. No response even trying Volume UP + Power button and many other combination for pressing at least 30 seconds each time
2. No response when connecting to PC
3. Plugged into the original charger and couldn't feel any heat from charger nor Z2
4. Tried the red button next to SIM card slot still not working
5. Charged it for a very very long time still no response

PLEASE HELP!

========FIXED========
1.Using mobile charger (5v ~ 2.5A) and remove SIM card and SD card if you have one
2.Plug mobile charger into Z2
3.Press Start button of the charger
4.Nearly the same time press the Power button of Z2 (with Volume Up I guess because I pressed it too)
5.Then Z2 may turn on the red LED light

Tips: I tried so many times, I guess the time of pressing charger and Z2 power button is important because I tried many times /.\ Hope you guys won;t get this problem. And I got this problem is because of drained battery, DON'T EVER LET THE BATTERY'S POWER BE LOWER THEN 10% IS THE SAFEST!

Last edited:

KyleSforza

Mar 9, 2013
Delhi
www.facebook.com
Leave it on charging for a while, its a normal issue when the battery completely depletes. :) Don't worry.

I'd suggest leaving it on charge all day, do check after 4-6 hours tho.

LamSiuBilly

Apr 11, 2014
Leave it on charging for a while, its a normal issue when the battery completely depletes. :) Don't worry.

I'd suggest leaving it on charge all day, do check after 4-6 hours tho.

Thanks I will wait :crying:
But when I use my mobile charger (6600mah) to charge, it didn't show that it is charging as the light of charger will be blinking if it is charging.

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
Try holding the power button for over a minute

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Also here should be a small button just below the micro usb port. Try holding that in for ten seconds using a toothpick and then try booting up.

LamSiuBilly

Apr 11, 2014
Try holding the power button for over a minute

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Also here should be a small button just below the micro usb port. Try holding that in for ten seconds using a toothpick and then try booting up.

No it's not working

LamSiuBilly

Apr 11, 2014
Please help!
I charged it for whole day and it still not worked...
It doesn't even turn on its led light.

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
I honestly don't know then. I don't actually have the phone yet. I'm kinda out of ideas. Maybe try plugging it into a pc and seeing if anything gets recognised? If not just take it back, it's obviously not right

LamSiuBilly

Apr 11, 2014
I honestly don't know then. I don't actually have the phone yet. I'm kinda out of ideas. Maybe try plugging it into a pc and seeing if anything gets recognised? If not just take it back, it's obviously not right

OK then, thanks and I tried connecting it to PC and no response :crying: :crying:

Cena99

Apr 1, 2013
I don't understand why posting such a problem here on the forum.. would it be easier if you just use the warranty and go to any sony centre near by???!!

of course if you didn't void the warranty

no offence meant. but I see many people complaining even for a small things or complaining about things that can be easily fixed by warranty from Sony..

plus this phone is still not yet available everywhere. so many people don't know about it.. better just go to Sony center..

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9200 using xda app-developers app

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
Have you tried volume up + power button?

LamSiuBilly

Apr 11, 2014
I don't understand why posting such a problem here on the forum.. would it be easier if you just use the warranty and go to any sony centre near by???!!

of course if you didn't void the warranty

no offence meant. but I see many people complaining even for a small things or complaining about things that can be easily fixed by warranty from Sony..

plus this phone is still not yet available everywhere. so many people don't know about it.. better just go to Sony center..

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9200 using xda app-developers app

Well I am going to the shop I bought this phone (Not official SONY shop or carrier as Z2 is not available in Hong Kong officially) and let them fix it. I don't know if they are going to send it hack to Taiwan to fit it or fix it themselves (Hope not)

And I post my question here because I think it is better to fix it myself because it takes time to take my phone to the shop and to wait it to get fixed. I am sorry for posting this stupid question and I still hope for another reply to solve my problem.