[Q] Which stock firmware should I install?

Search This thread

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne

danielsinnema

Aug 21, 2013
Drachten
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you ever update your phone to 4.4.4 on stock via OTA?

---------------------------------------------------------
    Hit the thanks button if I helped you 8)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all,

I have rooted my Moto G and I installed Cyanogenmod 11 on it.
    Cyanogenmod hasn't made Snapshot builds since M6.
    M6 is getting old. I could install the latest nightly, but last time I installed a nightly version I couldn't play Soundcloud and other music related apps.

So I want to go back to Stock 4.4.4
    I've got 2 questions:

1) Where can I download the stock firmware? I have already searched at http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14 , but I can't find the latest 4.4.4 update. (at least not for my region, which is The Netherlands)

2) There are plenty of firmwares. Before I installed Cyanogenmod, Stock 4.4.2 176.44.1.falcon_umts.EURetail.en.EU (no specific carrier) was preinstalled on the device. Now I would like to install Android 4.4.2 KOT49H.M004 (no specific carrier) which is smaller than the preinstalled one. But is it safe to do that?

Thanks in advance!

What's your bootloader version? If it's 41.13 you can install the GPE 4.4.4 firmware, pure android from google, or the European version again, if you want the Motorola features (MotoCamera, MotoGallery, Radio FM, MotoAssist, SMS Messaging (AOSP), Keyboard (AOSP), MotoCare, MotoMigrate). I like the GPE, I miss just a little the HDR mode of the MotoCamera. GPE also consumes less ram.
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    How do I get to know the bootloader version? By the way, I didn't know I mentioned the google play edition firmware. And where can I find the firmware of 4.4.4? On that website I can only find 4.4.2.

Again, thanks!

If you updated to 4.4.4 via OTA you running the v41.13, it's shown in the fastboot main page (the one you get when you press vol down + power button). There you go:

GPE 4.4.4

If you have XT1032 will work for sure, I never tested it on other models.:good:
    Thank you.
    I'm now downloading 4.4.4 GPE for Moto G.
    I think I will need help again when it's time to install.
    Is it the same procedure?

Pretty easy... just download this bat, put it in the same folder of firmware and fastboot and run it:good:
    for normal fastboot
    for mfastboot
    This thread answers the questions I've been wondering about for the longest while but one problem, my bootloader is 41.11 (XT 1032 US Global version on 4.4.3) and my worries is if I update to 4.4.4 GPE and want to switch back to stock 4.4.3, I would not be able to. Currently running 4.4.2 GPE on the 41.11 (stock 4.4.3) bootloader. Everything works well, just can't change bootloader, obviously.