Evo 3D DLNA to XBox

Search This thread

gthing

Feb 13, 2007
SL,UT
I understand the "Connected Media" app lets you play video from your phone to DLNA-compatible devices. I also learned that the Xbox 360 should be DLAN compatible.

I spent some time fiddling with it but I couldn't get Connected Media to show my Xbox -or- get my phone to show up on the xbox. I'm a little unclear on how this is supposed to work. Has anyone done this? Would you mind giving me a step by step? Is there something I need to enable on the xbox end or something else I may have missed?

Thanks

navymoss35

Jul 3, 2010
San Diego
Use the media share app, not connectededoa app. I use it on my xbox everyday. Both phone and xbox.must be connected to same network. On media share app, check the share button then select which folders from your SD card to share on your xbox. It will work, if not, must be some firewall issues on your home network.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

r0cky0790

Oct 1, 2010
Chicago
Just take your EVO3D, plug it up through usb, select disk drive from the notification bar then you could listen to music & watch videos without any app.

My ''xDU4L C0R3 SH00T3Rx'' shot you down in 3D!

gthing

Feb 13, 2007
SL,UT
Thank you both for your suggestions - the media share app works great and I'll try out the USB share thing.

One thing, the media share app doesn't show all the directories (such as DCIM) as available to share. Anyone else have this issue?

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
Use the media share app, not connectededoa app. I use it on my xbox everyday. Both phone and xbox.must be connected to same network. On media share app, check the share button then select which folders from your SD card to share on your xbox. It will work, if not, must be some firewall issues on your home network.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Hi,

My eve 3d can detect my TV just fine but i can't seem to get it to find the xbox360. Is there anything that i need to do on the 360 to enable DLNA besides being on the same wifi? The media share app you're talking about is IMS correct?

Thank you

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
I have the same issue. My phone finds my Sony Bravia TV and can send media to it, but does not find my PS3. I used the media server. Worked wonderfully. Although I'm sure with some quick searching I could find the answer. Just wanted to say I experience the same thing.

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
I have the same issue. My phone finds my Sony Bravia TV and can send media to it, but does not find my PS3. I used the media server. Worked wonderfully. Although I'm sure with some quick searching I could find the answer. Just wanted to say I experience the same thing.

For it to work on the ps3 download IMS on your android and run it. Then on the ps3 go to pictures/videos etc and u should see IMS there.just run whatever u want from there

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk