[MOD] SHOstock2 v3.0.4 Tweaks (06/02) - Flashable Packages Included

Search This thread

tikcolg

Jan 16, 2012
First off, hats off to Shoman for producing one of the BEST ROMs available. If you use his ROM make sure you thank him.

I recognize that his ROM is tailored to meet his personal preferences and I would not ask him to change that, so I tweaked a couple of things in the ROM to meet my personal preferences. I've been running this for most of this week and figured I would share with the community.

MOD: Power Menu Tweaks
  • Tweaked power menu to use the stock theme (colors)
  • Tweaked power menu to only include "Power Off", "Reboot", "Recovery", & "Download" options.

MOD: Status Bar Tweaks
  • Statusbar (wifi & radio) reverted back to v2 layout.
  • Tweaked status bar to use ICS theme color the the time.
  • Tweaked expanded status bar to include long date.
  • Tweaked expanded status bar to include "No notifications" text.
  • Tweaked expanded status bar to appear more ICS.
  • Removed the AT&T logo from the expanded status bar.

PACKAGES
There are 4 flashable packages available:
  • All Tweaks (includes both mods above)
  • Power Menu Tweaks
  • Status Bar Tweaks
  • Remove Tweaks

Downloads

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-43-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-43-15.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,744
  • Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-43-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-43-29.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,640
  • Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-45-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-45-40.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-44-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-02-01-44-34.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,529
Last edited:

tikcolg

Jan 16, 2012
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM GOOGLE DRIVE

1. Click on the zip file listed in the left pane. The right side will display the contents of the zip.

image.png

2. Click the "File" menu item below the ZIP file name and select download.

image.png

Last edited:

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
Awesome! Gonna try the power menu option. The wifi and radio don't bother me, but I like the power menu colors to match.

Actually downloaded all tweaks will report back.

Last edited:

T90

Oct 6, 2010
Is there a trick for downloading from Google Docs? I keep getting a page showing the contents of the Zip file.

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
Is there a trick for downloading from Google Docs? I keep getting a page showing the contents of the Zip file.

Thanks!

Once in the zip click file in the top left corner and select download on the bottom of the drop down.

The mods look great. Liking it so far. Would like an all tweaks without the no notification text maybe.

Reactions: T90

tikcolg

Jan 16, 2012
Once in the zip click file in the top left corner and select download on the bottom of the drop down.

The mods look great. Liking it so far. Would like an all tweaks without the no notification text maybe.

Thanks. I've actually been thinking about removing the "No notifications" text... basically reverting back to how Shoman has it. I'll probably post an update tomorrow evening.

rlarsen462

Aug 5, 2011
Villahermosa
Would you consider adding back the carrier information? It's a serious hindrance for me personally as I am continuously roaming (out of the country 340+ days/year). I need to see what network I'm connected to as I frequently have to switch as I move about.

Thanks!

EDIT: Alternatively, do you have any idea whether it would be a simple thing to edit the stock ShoStock 3.0.4 status bar files to remove the roaming "R" without changing anything else? That's really the only fix I need from 3.0.4 but I can't really bug Shoman about something so minor, although I'm guessing he will include it in the next update. I'd be eternally grateful if it's a super quick thing and you could send me a zip just with the R gone.

Last edited:

johnf440

Dec 10, 2010
St. Louis, MO
One word. Perfect. I love shos rom but his theming This is exa This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you thank you thank you.

EhHowzit808

Feb 1, 2012
Nice! Just upgraded to 3.0.5 and flashed this tweak. I can confirm that it works.

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
Sorry guys I've been working 70+ hour weeks and have not had the time to look into v3.0.5. I'm glad it still works. Thanks for testing it!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

70+ hours? Pfft ... should of had PLENTY of time for US.

/hides
/kidding

It's all good, glad to find out it works as well. Hope you get some free time. Had those kind of weeks before myself at a previous job and it sucks. Hopefully the money made it worth it.

Would still like it without the Notifications text like we talked about before.

Still some badass tweaks. My wife just ogt her a SGSII as a replacement for her Inspire and she hated the wifi and data icons. She would only stay with Shostock once I showed her this mod.

Last edited:

shoman94

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
70+ hours? Pfft ... should of had PLENTY of time for US.

/hides
/kidding

It's all good, glad to find out it works as well. Hope you get some free time. Had those kind of weeks before myself at a previous job and it sucks. Hopefully the money made it worth it.

Would still like it without the Notifications text like we talked about before.

Still some badass tweaks. My wife just ogt her a SGSII as a replacement for her Inspire and she hated the wifi and data icons. She would only stay with Shostock once I showed her this mod.

really.... over a wifi icon? Lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, hats off to Shoman for producing one of the BEST ROMs available. If you use his ROM make sure you thank him.

I recognize that his ROM is tailored to meet his personal preferences and I would not ask him to change that, so I tweaked a couple of things in the ROM to meet my personal preferences. I've been running this for most of this week and figured I would share with the community.

MOD: Power Menu Tweaks
    • Tweaked power menu to use the stock theme (colors)
    • Tweaked power menu to only include "Power Off", "Reboot", "Recovery", & "Download" options.

MOD: Status Bar Tweaks
    • Statusbar (wifi & radio) reverted back to v2 layout.
    • Tweaked status bar to use ICS theme color the the time.
    • Tweaked expanded status bar to include long date.
    • Tweaked expanded status bar to include "No notifications" text.
    • Tweaked expanded status bar to appear more ICS.
    • Removed the AT&T logo from the expanded status bar.

PACKAGES
    There are 4 flashable packages available:
    • All Tweaks (includes both mods above)
    • Power Menu Tweaks
    • Status Bar Tweaks
    • Remove Tweaks

Downloads
    Hope we'll see an update for 3.0.5.

Fyi; this seems to work just fine on 3.0.5

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM GOOGLE DRIVE

1. Click on the zip file listed in the left pane. The right side will display the contents of the zip.

image.png

2. Click the "File" menu item below the ZIP file name and select download.

image.png

Thanks!

Hope we'll see an update for 3.0.5.