[Q] Crashed while using then stuck in bootloop

Search This thread

galaxynotes

Jun 25, 2012
My phone fell on the ground today with the battery popping out.I put the battery back in,turned on the phone and everything was normal without any glitch.
I was on whatspp trying to load some photo when it crashed and rebooted but got stuck in a bootloop.I have a lot of PMs and photos on whatspp so it wasn't the first time it has crashed over loading a photo but why get stuck in bootloop now??
I'm on 4.1.2 and rooted.I can get into recovery mode and I even mounted the internal storage and could see the files on my computer.
So how do I fix this without formatting anything or flashing a new ROM?I don't want to lose anything.
Any help is appreciated.
EDIT:By bootloop I mean it reboots after a second or two of the showing the samsung logo.It restarts itself.

Last edited:

galaxynotes

Jun 25, 2012
No(maybe some pretty old ones which are useless)
I just copied my photos via recovery onto my computer(mounted the usb from there).
So if I can see the internal storage and move data then what is the problem?!
I also made a backup in recovery mode.It's about 900mb in size.Does it include my contacts and messages??

Last edited:

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
There is always the possibility that indeed something broke when the phone fell on the ground...?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

kokodv

Sep 6, 2012
Sofia
This bootloop is not necessary to be connected with the drop! I experienced this kind of problem myself without dropping the phone. You can try Backing up the rom (with /preload and everything), wipe everything and restore it. It worked for me some time ago! I have no idea why..

galaxynotes

Jun 25, 2012
I think you are right,but I wonder why now??
I did a nandroid backup but it stuck in data,second time it backed up everything with the completion text.I flashed the same stock rom and my phone works fine now.
However I lost my contacts and messages.I did advanced restore in recovery mode(only data) I get an error message and it doesn't go all the way through and it freezes when the system is loaded up(no more getting stuck in a bootloop).It shows a Next button and when I touch it my phone freezes.IOW i lost my contacts and SMS' and the backed up data seems to be corrupt.I wonder how could a drop make some data corrupt and if not then why happen now??Nothing new was installed and I was using the phone like every other day with the same routine...

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
where is the backup stored? External SD? Did you check the card?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

galaxynotes

Jun 25, 2012
The backup is not on the external card.
Internal memory seems to be working just fine haven't had a problem so far.