[Q] Galaxy S II Modem

Search This thread

tny143

May 26, 2014
Hello everyone
I have a SGS II GT-i9100T which is a gift from my brother from New Zealand.
I´m running CM 10.1.3 and sometimes my signal drops, "Emergency calls only"! I´ve tested the Simcard on other phone and it´s fine.Could anyone suggest me a modem to flash to my phone?

I´m living in Germany and using O2-de.

Thank you.

Here is some info in case you need them:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Forget the fact you're in Germany; stick to modems bundled with stock roms released by carriers who sold the I9100T. Go to Samfirmware, use the pulldown boxes to make a list of all the stock roms released by carriers which sold the I9100T (there aren't many). If you click through each stock rom in turn it will list the modem - make a list of all the modems. Then search for CWM flashable versions of these modems on here (easily found with a search), download them, and start testing them out.

Only if you get to the point where you've tried all of these modems & they don't improve your connectivity should you consider flashing regular I9100 modems (I know this because I have an I9100T).

You might also be suffering from a long standing problem with CM roms where connectivity just goes away for no particular reason at all. The way you'd test if this is the case or not is to do a clean install of a stock rom released by a carrier which sold the I9100T (doesn't matter which, but don't flash 4.0.4).

Reactions: tny143 and banjara

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
^^^

1) The way I always tell people to approach this is similar to what I said to the OP; go to Samfirmware, find all the stock roms released by your carrier, click through on each one & make a note of the modem. Search here/Google for CWM flashable versions of each modem, and test them out. If you find you go through all the ones bundled with stock roms released by your carrier & your connectivity is still bad, do the same with modems bundled with stock roms released by other carriers in your country. If your connectivity is still bad after that, flash any modem you can get your hands on.

But for most people, modems bundled with stock roms released by their carrier should work best; rationale being you'd hope the carrier would have fully tested them to ensure they work for most people most of the time on their network.

If your connectivity is currently fine, there's no need to go messing around with modems. Chances are you'll make it bad if you do I.E if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only mess around with modems if you have problems with connectivity.

2) Yes, modems are independent of Android version.Same risk as flashing anything else (I.E very small risk of the flash going bad with any given flash).

3) Risk should be minimal; I've never heard of anyone borking a phone with a modem misflash, but anything is possible I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: FPSUsername

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forget the fact you're in Germany; stick to modems bundled with stock roms released by carriers who sold the I9100T. Go to Samfirmware, use the pulldown boxes to make a list of all the stock roms released by carriers which sold the I9100T (there aren't many). If you click through each stock rom in turn it will list the modem - make a list of all the modems. Then search for CWM flashable versions of these modems on here (easily found with a search), download them, and start testing them out.

Only if you get to the point where you've tried all of these modems & they don't improve your connectivity should you consider flashing regular I9100 modems (I know this because I have an I9100T).

You might also be suffering from a long standing problem with CM roms where connectivity just goes away for no particular reason at all. The way you'd test if this is the case or not is to do a clean install of a stock rom released by a carrier which sold the I9100T (doesn't matter which, but don't flash 4.0.4).
    i am not very sure whether geographical location affects modem or not, but there was a country based thread for India. They have some popular modems listed out here -
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/i9100-modem-reviews-india-user-based-t2184193

You can get flashable modems here - http://veyka.co.uk/sgs2/radios/

have fun testing them. :cowboy:
    I missed on seeing that the phone involved here is i9100T. My Bad. :mad:
    Apologies for feeding you wrong info here.
    ^^^

1) The way I always tell people to approach this is similar to what I said to the OP; go to Samfirmware, find all the stock roms released by your carrier, click through on each one & make a note of the modem. Search here/Google for CWM flashable versions of each modem, and test them out. If you find you go through all the ones bundled with stock roms released by your carrier & your connectivity is still bad, do the same with modems bundled with stock roms released by other carriers in your country. If your connectivity is still bad after that, flash any modem you can get your hands on.

But for most people, modems bundled with stock roms released by their carrier should work best; rationale being you'd hope the carrier would have fully tested them to ensure they work for most people most of the time on their network.

If your connectivity is currently fine, there's no need to go messing around with modems. Chances are you'll make it bad if you do I.E if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only mess around with modems if you have problems with connectivity.

2) Yes, modems are independent of Android version.Same risk as flashing anything else (I.E very small risk of the flash going bad with any given flash).

3) Risk should be minimal; I've never heard of anyone borking a phone with a modem misflash, but anything is possible I guess.