[APP] Next2Me 1.3 RC4 for download here

Search This thread

Nekronomekron

Hi @ll!

I recently released version 1.2 of my latest App "Next2Me" to the US Windows Marketplace.

Next2Me uses GPS and shows you all available businesses around you from over 30 categories. You can view the results on a map, show detailed information. You can also call the target business, send the detail information to your friends by Mail or SMS or save the business to your contact list all by only one click!

And here is the latest BETA version of the upcoming Next2Me 1.3.

[UPDATE]
You can now manually choose between miles and meters. And for all US and Candians, Next2Me is now searching for "Gas stations" ;)

[UPDATE]
I changed the GPS code a bit because some users get an exception on some devices.

[UPDATE]
Again changed the GPS device detection.

[UPDATE 04/25/2010]
o RC1 released
o Next2Me languages: DE, EN, FR, NL
o A menu to tell Next2Me how to search for your GPS device (this will solve several issues, like the exception told by some users and the unwanted bluetooth dialog which is automatically poping up)

[UPDATE 04/27/2010]
o Next2Me now in IT (thanks to Spyrale)
o Beautiful new High-Res Icons for the menu (thanks to Saumaun)
o Limit the search radius (250m, 500m, 1000m, 1500m, all)

[UPDATE 04/28/2010]
o Fixed a language bug for the italian version

[UPDATE 05/01/2010]
o Updated language strings for NL, FR and IT

If there aren't any more suggestions or bugs, this version will be send to the Marketplace

So, have fun with Next2Me and send me your suggestions, critics, etc.

C YA @LL!

Do you like my work? To show me that, please donate to support my work so I can improve my software products.

This donation will support software development. With this donation a Windows Phone 7 device will be bought to be able to port and release my software products to this new platform.

Next2Me v1.3 The famouse Next2Me

http://www.consulting-reif.de - @ConsultingReif

Attachments

• Next2MeSetup.CAB
    518 KB · Views: 3,537
Last edited:

dalydose

Feb 12, 2008
Any non-marketplace download

Is this available anywhere besides the MS Marketplace? I don't want to have to install this to my internal memory.

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
I like the app: http://www.fuzemobility.com/learn-whats-next2me/
Any thoughts of using Google Location instead of GPS to speed things up? also, I don't see a way to email a location- just to SMS. Am I missing it? If it could pull the Google info that would be nice as well (such as type of restaurant, rating, etc). Overall I do like it though. Good luck with the project!

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Looks interesting. But please, could you kindly post it somewhere else than on the Marketplace.

No way I will go to the MarketPlace. I do not want to download any cab on the internal memory.

Thanks ;)

steve76063

Dec 18, 2008
Hi @ll!

I recently released version 1.0 of my latest App "Next2Me" to the Windows Marketplace...

From what I've seen, this app has a lot of promise, but I have had a problem...
On my Tilt2, whenever I look for something with Next2Me, I get a message "Invalid GPS Signal..." or "No GPS Device found.". But, if I start up Google Maps first, and let it get my GPS position and then start up Next2Me, it works just fine. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also, if it could toggle between km and miles, it'd help for us Americans who won't join the rest of the world in using km's :rolleyes:

One more suggestion for future updates...if we could set the # of hits returned or better yet, if we could specify a 'radius' to search it'd make the app even more user friendly.

Thanks for the work and keep it up:D

Nekronomekron

Hi @ll

Thanks for your critics and suggestions. So here we go:
From what I've seen, this app has a lot of promise, but I have had a problem...
On my Tilt2, whenever I look for something with Next2Me, I get a message "Invalid GPS Signal..." or "No GPS Device found.". But, if I start up Google Maps first, and let it get my GPS position and then start up Next2Me, it works just fine. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Hm, that's a GPS-Problem under Windows. You can use QuickGPS to improve the lock-time, but that doesn't always work.

Also, if it could toggle between km and miles, it'd help for us Americans who won't join the rest of the world in using km's

One more suggestion for future updates...if we could set the # of hits returned or better yet, if we could specify a 'radius' to search it'd make the app even more user friendly.

Yeah, I am already aware of the "km/miles"-Bug ;) ... this will be fixed in the next version, of course.
Your suggestion with the amount of hits returned or the search radius is very good and will be proofed.

great app so far but sometimes you cant get a gps fix or it can take awhile. would it be possible to use google location or Sleuth's myLocation Service here? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=607102. These might work better and they will almost always work and are much quicker than a gps fix.

Yeah, that would be a solution to use the location service using the Google Location. I can implement support for the myLocation service of Sleuth, but I would prefer to implement the location service into Next2Me, so that there is no need for the user to install another application to use Next2Me. Are there any specifications or source code snippets how to use the Google Location service under Windows Mobile?

I don't see a way to email a location- just to SMS. Am I missing it? If it could pull the Google info that would be nice as well (such as type of restaurant, rating, etc). Overall I do like it though. Good luck with the project!

Next2Me checks your Mobile Outlook on you cell phone, if there's an E-Mail account available. This e-mail account will be used to send the email with the location service. The button for sending an e-mail will only be shown if there's an email account set up in your Windows Mobile.

Hope this helps!

C YA @LL - Nuker

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
Next2Me checks your Mobile Outlook on you cell phone, if there's an E-Mail account available. This e-mail account will be used to send the email with the location service. The button for sending an e-mail will only be shown if there's an email account set up in your Windows Mobile.

I have a single email account (an ActiveSync/exchange account) and it's not being detected. I've tried it on two ROMs

chopsxxx

Jan 7, 2008
BC
Hi - I found the app on a desktop using the link you provided, but it doesnt appear in my mobile marketplace to download. Any idea?

Nekronomekron

Hey it crash on my Omnia (I900) and you have the version 1.2 out is this right?

Greets from Germany (NRW)

Not really ... it's currently available as BETA version. You can download it from the first post. Did Next2Me crash with version 1.1 or earlier? I want to test it with as much cell phones as possible, so please write me if you have any errors with Next2Me.

Additional info: Next2Me 1.2 BETA also supports location using the GSM network. So, it also works with cell phones without GPS module.

Nekronomekron

LoL I restart the Omnia and now it works good (Version 1.2).

But how can we add content?

What do you mean with that? Do you want to add your own categories and search criterias? This is not possible currently. I am thinking about implementing it, but currently it's not possible. This BETA version is for testing it with as much as possible cell phones, to be sure position detection is working on every phone.

C YA

ubcjack

Jul 11, 2008
San Jose
Tested on tmobile touch pro 2 and works very well on cell tower location. Haven't tried on GPS.

However, the result for gas station is way off, reporting station like 700KM away from current location. Other services seem fine.

Besides, is it possible to change units? Or show current gas price?