[09 MAY][DFT/CWM]ManusFreedom-Gingerbread[NAND&SD]based on[NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7]

Search This thread

manusfreedom

Jul 9, 2008
[09 MAY][DFT/CWM]ManusFreedom-Gingerbread[NAND&SD]based on[NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7]

It's for Leo512 users who want a data (data.img) storage on SD card.

It's the tytung version (NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)) updated:
- No Data on NAND.
- data.img (ext4) in .data/ of root of SD Card (FAT32).
- data.img sizable (bigger or smaller) with .data/data.config of root of SD Card.
- Able to choose options to mount ext4 data.img (In data.config default&secure: data_ext4_options=noatime,nodiratime,sync,data=journal / optimized: noatime,barrier=0,nobh,data=writeback,noauto_da_alloc )
- Able to choose to have dalvik-cache on data partition ( use dalvik_cache_datapartition=y in data.config ) or on NAND cache partition ( use dalvik_cache_datapartition=n in data.config )
- ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 1 in init.rc

Default data.img ext4 mount options in data.config:
noatime,nodiratime,sync,data=journal
It's secure but slow (very slow in some case, boot time can take 10 minutes)
Optionnal data.img optimized ext4 mount options in data.config:
noatime,barrier=0,nobh,data=writeback,noauto_da_alloc

For information, I will not modify Android components.
Why? Because I have not thoses skills ;).

Created this thread to support my version of tytung android rom (NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060)

Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13 (based on Tytung guide):
1. Flash MAGLDR
- Download MAGLDR 1.13 (606 KB): http://cotulla.pp.ru/leo/Android/DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF.rar
- Enter SPL by holding VOL DOWN key while booting the phone. (Make sure you have HSPL.)
- Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash MAGLDR 1.13 (magldr.nbh).
2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download MAGLDR_CWM_Recovery_v3.0.2.5_for_NexusHD2_System270M_Cache129M_NoData.zip (5.17 MB): http://www.multiupload.com/DQ9PHQ6O5Z
- Enter MAGLDR 1.13 by holding power key while booting the phone, and then select "USB Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
- Run DAF.exe to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.5 (MAGLDR_recovery_3.0.2.5.img).
3. Flash Android ROM
- Enter ClockworkMod Recovery when you're on MAGLDR 1.13 (hold "Power" button during boot) and select "AD Recovery" or "Boot AD SD" (if ever copied CWM's initrd.gz and zImage to SD).
- Flash NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)_update.zip (84.51 MB): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060
- Flash Manus_NAND&SD_DATA_V2.7_(Android-2.3.4).0_update-signed (3.45 MB): http://www.multiupload.com/SPADDT5XXN

No direct upgrade possible from my previous Froyo version.
Upgrade with Titanium Backup:
1. Backup everything with Titanium Backup Pro (Batch/Run Backup all user apps + system data)
2. Follow my installation step
3. Get from the market and install Titanium Backup Pro
4. Restore everything with Titanium Backup Pro (Batch/Run Restore all apps with data)
5. Reboot

Upgrade from my ROM 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 to 2.7/B]:
0. Backup everything with Titanium Backup Pro (Batch/Run Backup all user apps + system data), it's to be secure
1-3. Follow "Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13"
4. Reboot

To resize to a bigger data.img (backup your data.img before):
1. If you don't have on sd a directory .data copy .data from install to the root of your sd
2. Open .data/data.config of root of SD Card
3. Change data_size to the size you want in megabytes (recommand not less than 128MB and not over 2GB)
4. Change data_resize to y
5. Boot your phone
6. Wait (time depend)
7. You will be normally under Android
8. You can change data_resize to n for security

To resize to a smaller data.img [CHECK THE FREE SPACE BEFORE SHRINK] (backup your data.img before):
1. If you don't have on sd a directory .data copy .data from install to the root of your sd
3. Change data_size to the size you want in megabytes (recommand not less than 128MB and not over 2GB)
5. Change data_force_shrink to y
6. Boot your phone
7. Wait (time depend)
8. You will be normally under Android
8. You can change data_resize and data_force_shrink to n for security

Big thanks to tytung and RaiderX for his help.
Please consider making a donation to Cotulla for his great MAGLDR.
Please consider making a donation to tytung for the ROM.
Please consider making a donation to RaiderX303 for the ClockworkMod Recovery.
Please consider making a donation to Hastarin for the Kernel Base.
And if you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation too, thanks.

Flash.cfg
Code:
misc ya 1M
recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 10M MAGLDR_recovery_3.0.2.5.img
boot yboot|ro 10M
system ya 270M
cache ya|asize allsize

Changelog
Code:
2.7.0:
- Based on NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4) by tytung
- Added options to mount ext4 data.img
- Added option to have dalvik-cache on data partition or on NAND cache partition
- Added mount NAND cache partition before Android (and dalvik-cache if in NAND cache partition)
- data.img type ext4 forced (convert old ext3 to ext4)
- ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 1 in init.rc (before it was 6)
/**************/

Last edited:

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Welcome back ManusFreedom.
Going to try this Rom as soon as it is uploaded.
Any workaround for the Bluetooth current drain in standby?
Wish somebody like you would spin some dev magic for this problem to be corrected.
Can't use a phone without my BT Head Set.

manusfreedom

Jul 9, 2008
Welcome back ManusFreedom.
Going to try this Rom as soon as it is uploaded.
Any workaround for the Bluetooth current drain in standby?
Wish somebody like you would spin some dev magic for this problem to be corrected.
Can't use a phone without my BT Head Set.

It's uploaded.
I think the bluetooth current drain is solved under Gingerbread. Now we have WIFI drain problem. (Information comes from tytung thread).

Last edited:

manusfreedom

Jul 9, 2008
Upgrade 2.3.4

Added instructions to install 2.3.4 in the first post.

Thanks tytung again for this update.

(DFT install is always 2.3.2).

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
With tytungs NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.4, and with the "Manus_NAND&SD_DATA_V2.3_update-signed.zip" done, the phone keeps restarting when reaching the booting "HTC" logo?

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
From which version did you come?
Could you send me the data.log in/sdcard/.data ?

I came from WP7. So I cleared all data, cache etc.

Then using CWM, I installed:
1. NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.4_NAND_(Android-2.3.3)_update.zip
2. gapps-gb233-20110313-Mod.zip
3. Manus_NAND&SD_DATA_V2.3_update-signed.zip

- I tried to check if the original build is working, so i started over and did only the 2 steps. It's booting without doing the third zip update. But I can't file any folder with ".data". I think i need to do the zip update again, to get the log, right?

manusfreedom

Jul 9, 2008

- I tried to check if the original build is working, so i started over and did only the 2 steps. It's booting without doing the third zip update. But I can't file any folder with ".data". I think i need to do the zip update again, to get the log, right?

If you do a fresh install, you must use DFT to install version 2.3.2.
Reboot (one or more time) to get android completly initialized.
After that use CWM to install 2.4, gapps-gb233-20110313-Mod.zip and Manus_NAND&SD_DATA_V2.3_update-signed.zip.

Reactions: mooooooa

mooooooa

Oct 20, 2007
After that use CWM to install 2.4, gapps-gb233-20110313-Mod.zip and Manus_NAND&SD_DATA_V2.3_update-signed.zip.

Thanks for the quick answer. I will try that.

Edit: It's working. Thanks again.

Last edited:

manusfreedom

Jul 9, 2008
Version 2.7.0 available in first post.

For information I use:
dalvik_cache_datapartition=n
data_ext4_options=noatime,barrier=0,nobh,data=writeback,noauto_da_alloc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's for Leo512 users who want a data (data.img) storage on SD card.

It's the tytung version (NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)) updated:
    - No Data on NAND.
    - data.img (ext4) in .data/ of root of SD Card (FAT32).
    - data.img sizable (bigger or smaller) with .data/data.config of root of SD Card.
    - Able to choose options to mount ext4 data.img (In data.config default&secure: data_ext4_options=noatime,nodiratime,sync,data=journal / optimized: noatime,barrier=0,nobh,data=writeback,noauto_da_alloc )
    - Able to choose to have dalvik-cache on data partition ( use dalvik_cache_datapartition=y in data.config ) or on NAND cache partition ( use dalvik_cache_datapartition=n in data.config )
    - ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 1 in init.rc

Default data.img ext4 mount options in data.config:
    noatime,nodiratime,sync,data=journal
    It's secure but slow (very slow in some case, boot time can take 10 minutes)
    Optionnal data.img optimized ext4 mount options in data.config:
    noatime,barrier=0,nobh,data=writeback,noauto_da_alloc

For information, I will not modify Android components.
    Why? Because I have not thoses skills ;).

Created this thread to support my version of tytung android rom (NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060)

Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13 (based on Tytung guide):
    1. Flash MAGLDR
    - Download MAGLDR 1.13 (606 KB): http://cotulla.pp.ru/leo/Android/DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF.rar
    - Enter SPL by holding VOL DOWN key while booting the phone. (Make sure you have HSPL.)
    - Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash MAGLDR 1.13 (magldr.nbh).
    2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
    - Download MAGLDR_CWM_Recovery_v3.0.2.5_for_NexusHD2_System270M_Cache129M_NoData.zip (5.17 MB): http://www.multiupload.com/DQ9PHQ6O5Z
    - Enter MAGLDR 1.13 by holding power key while booting the phone, and then select "USB Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
    - Run DAF.exe to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.5 (MAGLDR_recovery_3.0.2.5.img).
    3. Flash Android ROM
    - Enter ClockworkMod Recovery when you're on MAGLDR 1.13 (hold "Power" button during boot) and select "AD Recovery" or "Boot AD SD" (if ever copied CWM's initrd.gz and zImage to SD).
    - Flash NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)_update.zip (84.51 MB): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060
    - Flash Manus_NAND&SD_DATA_V2.7_(Android-2.3.4).0_update-signed (3.45 MB): http://www.multiupload.com/SPADDT5XXN

No direct upgrade possible from my previous Froyo version.
    Upgrade with Titanium Backup:
    1. Backup everything with Titanium Backup Pro (Batch/Run Backup all user apps + system data)
    2. Follow my installation step
    3. Get from the market and install Titanium Backup Pro
    4. Restore everything with Titanium Backup Pro (Batch/Run Restore all apps with data)
    5. Reboot

Upgrade from my ROM 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 to 2.7/B]:
    0. Backup everything with Titanium Backup Pro (Batch/Run Backup all user apps + system data), it's to be secure
    1-3. Follow "Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13"
    4. Reboot

To resize to a bigger data.img (backup your data.img before):
    5. Boot your phone
    6. Wait (time depend)
    7. You will be normally under Android
    8. You can change data_resize to n for security

To resize to a smaller data.img [CHECK THE FREE SPACE BEFORE SHRINK] (backup your data.img before):
    5. Change data_force_shrink to y
    6. Boot your phone
    7. Wait (time depend)
    8. You will be normally under Android
    8. You can change data_resize and data_force_shrink to n for security

Big thanks to tytung and RaiderX for his help.
    Please consider making a donation to Cotulla for his great MAGLDR.
    Please consider making a donation to tytung for the ROM.
    Please consider making a donation to RaiderX303 for the ClockworkMod Recovery.
    Please consider making a donation to Hastarin for the Kernel Base.
    And if you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation too, thanks.

Flash.cfg
    Code:
    misc ya 1M
    recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 10M MAGLDR_recovery_3.0.2.5.img
    boot yboot|ro 10M
    system ya 270M
    cache ya|asize allsize

Changelog
    Code:
    2.7.0:
    - Based on NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4) by tytung
    - Added options to mount ext4 data.img
    - Added option to have dalvik-cache on data partition or on NAND cache partition
    - Added mount NAND cache partition before Android (and dalvik-cache if in NAND cache partition)
    - data.img type ext4 forced (convert old ext3 to ext4)
    - ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 1 in init.rc (before it was 6)
    /**************/

v2.6

ManusFreedom-Gingerbread v2.6 available in first post:
    - Full install
    - Signed update initrd.gz