Need help for rooting, how to enable USB ADB Access

Search This thread

newshook

Jul 9, 2010
When I connect the phone (SCH-I545, verizon) to the PC, I see two choices shown under the pulldown menu: Connect as Media Device (MTP), or Camera (PTP). And the MTP choice is checked automatically.

I believe my phone has the latest OTA update. And I have turned on the Developer Option, check the "USB Debugging".

Did I miss anything? Please help.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
When I connect the phone (SCH-I545, verizon) to the PC, I see two choices shown under the pulldown menu: Connect as Media Device (MTP), or Camera (PTP). And the MTP choice is checked automatically.

I believe my phone has the latest OTA update. And I have turned on the Developer Option, check the "USB Debugging".

Did I miss anything? Please help.

Are the drivers installed?
When you plugged in your phone, did the permission prompt for ADB appear?
What devices show up in the Windows device manager? (Windows/Break, then device manager.) You should see a "Samsung Android ADB Interface" appear if all is correct.

newshook

Jul 9, 2010
Yes, the drivers are installed. I first installed the samsung usb driver, I installed the kies package given I don't see the USB debugging permission message. Just tried the same thing in ubuntu, same result.

I must have missed something.... Just don't know what it is ....

The phone's developer option is on and debugging is checked,
On PC side the driver is installed. In fact, when I tested this in ubuntu, I ran "adb devices", it saw the phone ....

What devices show up in the Windows device manager? (Windows/Break, then device manager.) You should see a "Samsung Android ADB Interface" appear if all is correct.

newshook

Jul 9, 2010
Got it!

The message showed up after I toggled between those two choices. It was done in ubuntu. Thanks very much.

92oscbra

Feb 21, 2014
This device is not supported. HELP!

Hi! :)

I have done everything mentioned above, but I get an error during the install. Have attached a print screen from the install.
Please help me.

Without working SIM atm because operator lock code recieved from my mobile operator doesn't work.

Best regards

Oscar.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Hi! :)

I have done everything mentioned above, but I get an error during the install. Have attached a print screen from the install.
Please help me.

Without working SIM atm because operator lock code recieved from my mobile operator doesn't work.

Best regards

Oscar.
The "this device is not supported" message means that your phone (m0? What's that?) is patched by the vendor to fix the flaw that Saferoot uses to root it.
You'll have to find another tool to root your phone.

92oscbra

Feb 21, 2014
Thank you! :)

The "this device is not supported" message means that your phone (m0? What's that?) is patched by the vendor to fix the flaw that Saferoot uses to root it.
You'll have to find another tool to root your phone.

Okei! :) Thank you for your help. It is a Galaxy SIII.

Just managed to update to Android 4.3 Jellybean at the same time as I changed mobile network operator. Mobile was locked and the NCK code from operator didn't work. Probably need the MCK (Defreeze) code to unlock which operator doesn't have access to. So no mobile phone for me atm.

I used VRoot and used a change-to-SuperSu guide and it worked. Couldn't find anyway to remove the network lock though..

Couldn't post the links on how I rooted and changed to SuperSu since I'm a n00b at this site.

And sorry for maybe posting this in wrong thread!

Best regards

Oscar