[Q] Help with region lock in my Note 3 N9005. Already tried Chainfire

Search This thread

xuncall

Aug 9, 2007
Please, i need help... need to know if region lock goes away if i change rom for a custom rom from htcmania.com, for example.

I have one rooted note 3 N9005 updated to 4.4.2 and didnt work chainfire app. My base band is N9005XXUENB1. I think that chainfire method is not compatible with my note, right?

But, will i delete region lock if i install recovery and custom rom??

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Please, i need help... need to know if region lock goes away if i change rom for a custom rom from htcmania.com, for example.

I have one rooted note 3 N9005 updated to 4.4.2 and didnt work chainfire app. My base band is N9005XXUENB1. I think that chainfire method is not compatible with my note, right?

But, will i delete region lock if i install recovery and custom rom??

Nope...

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
That was tried by people with the region lock. It didn't work.The region lock survived the flash causing even more trouble for those that did this.
But hey, go ahead and try... Let us all know how it failed again...

xuncall

Aug 9, 2007
That was tried by people with the region lock. It didn't work.The region lock survived the flash causing even more trouble for those that did this.

You really DONT need to speak in that way... i was just asking for a solution :rolleyes:

xuncall

Aug 9, 2007
Yeah most of the custom roms are region unlocked so flashing any of them will region unlock your phone.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Khizar, thanks a lot for your answer...

Are you sure about this? If it is sure, i will do it right now! I say it because ultramag69 said the opposite...

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012

Mind linking me to where flashing a custom rom didn't region unlock someone's phone? I have helped 2 or 3 ppl unlock their phone that way. The roms have the region lock taken out so the phone still being region locked doesn't make sense.

Are you sure about this? If it is sure, i will do it right now! I say it because ultramag69 said the opposite...

Yes I am sure, last person was about a month ago and when he flashed xnote his phone was region unlock.

xuncall

Aug 9, 2007
Mind linking me to where flashing a custom rom didn't region unlock someone's phone? I have helped 2 or 3 ppl unlock their phone that way. The roms have the region lock taken out so the phone still being region locked doesn't make sense.

Yes I am sure, last person was about a month ago and when he flashed xnote his phone was region unlock.

Man, i love you!! :laugh: Thanksss a lot, i was waiting this information to can uso my Note.

Thanksssss

Reactions: Khizar

xuncall

Aug 9, 2007

I am still with problems... i installed recovery and rom, with the wipes, etc. etc. and still with region lock...

I installed this rom:

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=815355

Khizer, do you know any rom region free, good, that deletes region lock, please??

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
I am still with problems... i installed recovery and rom, with the wipes, etc. etc. and still with region lock...

I installed this rom:

Khizer, do you know any rom region free, good, that deletes region lock, please??

Try xnote or sweet rom or any other rom. If you read the OP, it will mention whether the rom is region unlocked or not, and most of them are so you won't have any issues if you use any rom on xda.

xuncall

Aug 9, 2007
Folks, finally i solved it... It was much more easy that i thought.

I spoke with Samsung Customer Center by chat, and asked them for the region unlock code. They delayed 3 weeks, but finally they sent it to me and it worked fine.

I think that the code is different for each cell, but i leave here mine, never know...

Good luck!

sushrukh

Jun 27, 2010
Kolkata
Folks, finally i solved it... It was much more easy that i thought.

I spoke with Samsung Customer Center by chat, and asked them for the region unlock code. They delayed 3 weeks, but finally they sent it to me and it worked fine.

I think that the code is different for each cell, but i leave here mine, never know...

Good luck!

Hey could you Please tell me which country Samsung customer care you chatted with ? I have the same problem & need an unlock code...Waiting for your reply...Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah most of the custom roms are region unlocked so flashing any of them will region unlock your phone.

I installed this rom:

Try xnote or sweet rom or any other rom. If you read the OP, it will mention whether the rom is region unlocked or not, and most of them are so you won't have any issues if you use any rom on xda.

Man, i love you!! :laugh: Thanksss a lot, i was waiting this information to can uso my Note.

Thanksssss