[Request] In Call Recording

Search This thread

soumitpl48

May 5, 2012
Kolkata
Hi! Since In call recording has been implemented on CM11 nightly, can we expect the same from PA? Thanks in advance. :)

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Thank you for your information , I don't know that legacy built on cm trees , excuse me why legacy built from cm not aosp ???

We don't have the manpower to do a complete device bring up, and the PA team doesn't own most of these devices that are not nexus, oppo, or 1+. And don't get confused here. Legacy devices are NOT built on cm, they are aosp with only device specific things from cm. Think of things like drivers, hardware buttons, specific features the device has.

#stayparanoid

Reactions: ahmed dzico

soumitpl48

May 5, 2012
Kolkata
If you have no cm support, dont expect
Support from PA

#stayparanoid

Well actually, there is a Unofficial build of CM11 M9 for Moto G and there nightlies are regular. But more importantly, there is Official PA support for Moto G and it's been quite stable (I'm using 4.5 Beta 1). So, CM didn't stopped for falcon, it just probably stopped being official.

Reactions: ahmed dzico

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Well actually, there is a Unofficial build of CM11 M9 for Moto G and there nightlies are regular. But more importantly, there is Official PA support for Moto G and it's been quite stable (I'm using 4.5 Beta 1). So, CM didn't stopped for falcon, it just probably stopped being official.

It's not official for PA either. It falls under legacy, so if the maintainer stops supporting it, it will be dropped from the legacy builds. Only official devices are nexus, oppo, and 1+

#stayparanoid

soumitpl48

May 5, 2012
Kolkata
That's a little bit of sad thing actually, considering how popular (and probably dev friendly too!) falcon is.
Btw, to my original question, can we expect the in call recording to be implemented in PA? :D

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
That's a little bit of sad thing actually, considering how popular (and probably dev friendly too!) falcon is.
Btw, to my original question, can we expect the in call recording to be implemented in PA? :D

I haven't seen it requested on the bug tracker and we have not discussed adding it. It's definitely not on our radar at this time

#stayparanoid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use cm 11 better than paranoid

Unfortunately, official CM11 support for my device has stopped. There is only a couple of nightlies, but the last snapshot was M6. Besides, I quite like PA. :)
    Moto g based on a pure android with some features , Not like Samsung or Sony , because that it named " moto g " it listed to legacy

All legacy devices are using cm device trees. It doesn't matter what os ships on the device. PA is aosp, and all legacy devices are built on cm device trees

#stayparanoid
    Thank you for your information , I don't know that legacy built on cm trees , excuse me why legacy built from cm not aosp ???

We don't have the manpower to do a complete device bring up, and the PA team doesn't own most of these devices that are not nexus, oppo, or 1+. And don't get confused here. Legacy devices are NOT built on cm, they are aosp with only device specific things from cm. Think of things like drivers, hardware buttons, specific features the device has.

#stayparanoid
    If you have no cm support, dont expect
    Support from PA

#stayparanoid