Ulefone Be Touch 2, 5.5 Inch Full HD, Metal Frame, MT6752 64-bit, 3050mAh Battery

Search This thread

s7yler

Oct 22, 2009
www.youtube.com
UPDATE: Full User Review Video

-----------------------------------

Ulefone is a Chinese smartphone OEM, and the company is currently pushing many new smartphones out to the market. The Ulefone Be Touch was released 1 month ago. Ulefone has already now announce the Ulefone Be Touch 2.

The Ulefone Be Touch 2 come with a 5.5-inch (Full HD 1920x1080, 401ppi) display (2.5D curved glass), LTE 4G support along with 3GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage (expandable). The phone is powered by the MT6752 64-bit octa-core processor @ 1.7GHz and a 3,050mAh battery. The phone again features a 13-megapixel camera (IMX214) and a 5-megapixel on the front. Like the Ulefone Be Touch (1) it also features a home button which doubles as a fingerprint scanner.

Read more on http://ulefone.com/products/betouch2/features.html and http://ulefone.com

Brand ulefone
Model Be Touch 2
Color Metal Grey / Silk White
Dimensions 158.1 x 77.4 x 8.60
Weight 160g (with battery)
Operating system Pre-install Android 5.1 Lollipop
Touch ID Front Fingerprint Scanner, Unlock in 0.1-0.5s, Press touch ID
CPU 64Bit MTK MT6752 processor Octa core 1.7GHz CPU
GPU Mali T760 MP2/700MHz GPU
RAM 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
ROM 16G (SD card Up to 64GB)
Battery SONY 3050mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
Standby Time 340 Hours

Display
Size 5.5 inch
Resolution FHD 1080*1920 pixels
Type IPS LTPS, GFF full Lamination (2.5D Arc screen)
Material Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3

Cameras
Rear camera 13MP 4th generation camera Sony IMX214
Front camera 5.0MP (OmniVision OV5648)
Video 1080P

Connection
Network GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (band5,band8,band3,band2)
WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 (band5,band8,band2,band1)
FDD-LTE: 800/1800/2100/2600(band20,band3,band1,band7)
SIM Dual sim dual standby, Micro SIM and Standard SIM
WiFi WiFi802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Support dual-band Wi-Fi(2.4GHz/5GHz)
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
Positioning GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Digital Compass
Hall Effect Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor,
Touch Sensor, Digital Compass, OTG

6d0a1ec133c85b4a83e49f0ce81c43f3_XL.jpg

betouch2_01.jpg

Source: Ulefone

Last edited:

Xavi Alonso

Jun 18, 2015
Fatastic. Finally an blow-$200 phone with front Touch ID. I'm waiting for today's "snap-up" event as they call it. But when will it be delivered?

blinkone

Jan 21, 2013
west Mainland
Very beautiful phone, when I can buy.

Its an awesome looking phone I might be getting one but I will have to see..If I get one I will do a review.

There's a few things I really like about this phone
1.touch ID
3GB ram
3.Android 5 lollipop

There's also a flash sale at Geekbuying and other stores but you have to be quick & LUCKY to get it at the flash sale price.

Iv got the Ulefone be pure at the moment & the camera on that phone is spot on but the phone lacks lollipop rom & bigger storage I took this photo with my Ulefone be pure
2z8zx4z.jpg

Last edited:

MUG3NHC

Apr 6, 2014
I was trying thay snap up crap for 2 days now and while I was being pretty fast I didn't have luck.
Did anyone else try?
Any luck?
Any tips?

Xavi Alonso

Jun 18, 2015
I saw on their facebook that they'll make custom ROM for the Be Touch 2. Many people vote for CM and Miui, while i myself like CM.

Danacy

Jan 7, 2014
I saw on their facebook that they'll make custom ROM for the Be Touch 2. Many people vote for CM and Miui, while i myself like CM.

Yeah I saw it. Just voted for CM as well.
The flash deals never work for me, I just accept it and bought one for 220..
on 1949deal it's the cheapest. It comes without 'free gifts' (screen protector and some sillicon sleeve-cover) which I don't want anyway. I can use that 10 bucks to buy a proper flip-cover :)

The Be Touch 2 has the same measurements / size as the Be Touch 1 so you can just buy those and they will fit.

I am really looking forward to this device! The fact Ulefone is active on their Facebook and tries to get some custom ROM's for their device really helps with the idea of long time support (although I have really no idea).

MUG3NHC

Apr 6, 2014
Flash sale is real. Just managed to get one: D
Some places on aliexpress do 30 off flash sale as well as 50.
Just so you know.
Good luck!

Last edited:

s7yler

Oct 22, 2009
www.youtube.com
Okay I got this info directly from Ulefone

Ulefone plans to make custom third-party ROMs for its newest flagship Ulefone Be Touch 2.
Ulefone, first of all, is going to make one custom ROM based on the UI desired by most of its customers before start the second one. In a survey on the company’s Facebook Page, most fans voted for MIUI and Cyanogen Mod - among others like EMUI and Flyme.

“People want that it provide different interaction experiences and variable themes, and in the same time, they want it to be light for best performance"

"Ulefone now take both factors into consideration and make something people feel inspiring and good to use simultaneously" said Ulefone CEO Jason Liu.

These days, Ulefone received feedbacks involving custom ROM from many users, most of whom suggested CM.

288009junior

Jun 8, 2015
Please I want to askabout the 4g sims,
Iread that only one is 4g and the other 2g!
That happens to all the two sims mobile phones or not?
If not which are with two 4g sims?
Thanks!

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
I got it from a shop called Best Credit Technology on Aliexpress. Flash Sale starts at 18.00 uk time.
Also, see here:

Greetz.

Thanks, I guess you need be really lucky and quick adding it to cart since they have a limited units of ulefone for flash sale (only 4)
I checked yesterday for the 3 aliexpress listed on ulefone website at 23:00 GMT+8 but it seems like they were still selling on regular price.

MUG3NHC

Apr 6, 2014
Thanks, I guess you need be really lucky and quick adding it to cart since they have a limited units of ulefone for flash sale (only 4)
I checked yesterday for the 3 aliexpress listed on ulefone website at 23:00 GMT+8 but it seems like they were still selling on regular price.

Yeah, you need to be lucky. I tried 4 times and I wasnt even that quick that 4th time, but they just happened to have one left. Maybe get it with 30 off;)

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
Yeah, you need to be lucky. I tried 4 times and I wasnt even that quick that 4th time, but they just happened to have one left. Maybe get it with 30 off;)

Guess I got lucky last night, had to open several store pages just in case I missed one.
Have they started shipping to your address? Or will they ship on July 1st as mentioned on their website.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Both sim are 3g- 4g ?
NFC?
No NFC
It's 4G and 2G, you don't need to swap the sim.
But one sim needs to be in 2g mode when the other one is 4g.

Last edited:

MUG3NHC

Apr 6, 2014
Guess I got lucky last night, had to open several store pages just in case I missed one.
Have they started shipping to your address? Or will they ship on July 1st as mentioned on their website.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

No NFC

Did you get one then? 50 or 30?
As far as I know they will start shipping on 1st or 2nd of July.
That will be my backup phone:D

288009junior

Jun 8, 2015

No NFC

Sorry about my stupit questions!!!
All the 2sim mobiles are that way?or only be touch?as a friend of mine saying that the chinese didn't spend money for a newer and more expensive 2sim chip?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Happy, Happy days.
    I seem to have somewhat accidentally stumbled across a major fix for the laggy display & touch screen on this phone.
    fyi, I have also have a lenovo k3 note (same mtk6752 chipset), and it is dramatically smoother than the be touch 2.
    I installed the Elephone 7000 rom from here. http://www.needrom.com/download/port-elephone-p7000/ , hoping this would fix the lag. It didn't.
    The usb debugging mentioned above also does nothing.
    In the elephone rom however, the russian dev has added a way to access the MTK engineering mode.. to access the hardware settings.
    Fortunately you can download an app that gets you access to this .. MTK Engineering Mode

Open it up, swipe left a few times until you hit the hardware testing menu
    Scoll down to AAL, and click on it, and turn it off, then reboot.
    Voila, the touchscreen is now dramatically improved, as is scrolling etc.

Also, in the MTK settings app, under the same hardware menu, you can adjust the underlying Audio settings for the headphone & speaker.

There is a bug on the elephone rom, where the audio doesn work via the loudspeaker. It actually does, it's just so quite you can barely hear it unless in a silent room.
    MTK Settings > Hardware Testing > Audio > Loudspeaker > Media and increase the max volume.
    This seems to reset after reboot, not sure how this is set, if anyone can figure out how to get this to stick that would be great.

But I now love this phone, after being so disappointed for the first few days..

This

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.themonsterit.EngineerStarter&hl=en
    @aszu

- I doubt the way the battery have been measured to being a "2100mAh", the phone is using a huge 5.5" with FHD and high brightness and anyway I am able to get though the whole day with the phone. In my opinion that would not be possible with a small 2000-2100mah battery. The battery is definitely bigger than that.

- It is fast charging, but obviously not fast enough for you. It always depends on what you compare with. 1.5 hour is not long compared to the 5 hours it takes on the Bluboo X550 or 3 hours on the UMI eMAX.

- The word "overheating" should only be used if the phone gets hot for no reason or crashes. Neither have happened for me. It does get hot when it works heavy, but what phone doesn't? All the new phones get hot when they are heavy loaded, that's totally normal. Even Xiaomi phones get very hot.

- The Touch ID scanner is working fine for me, just like in the Be Touch 1. Its working 360 degree, no way you need to do it in a special angle or something like that. 90% the time it works when I use it and as good as on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. If not you must have "Gorilla fingers with no fingerprints" or something like that....

- Also comparing it now with the Jiayu S3 is not really fair. Now they had time and sorted must bugs. When the S3 was just released it also had tons of bugs and issues. So it was also not really a perfect device from the beginning. And so far I haven't seen the perfect china smartphone, they all have their pros & cons. Lenovo, Xiaomi, UMI etc. also have issues to battle with. But I do agree on that Ulefone still needs to optimize the stock UI/ROM at lot!
    UPDATE: Full User Review Video

-----------------------------------

Ulefone is a Chinese smartphone OEM, and the company is currently pushing many new smartphones out to the market. The Ulefone Be Touch was released 1 month ago. Ulefone has already now announce the Ulefone Be Touch 2.

The Ulefone Be Touch 2 come with a 5.5-inch (Full HD 1920x1080, 401ppi) display (2.5D curved glass), LTE 4G support along with 3GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage (expandable). The phone is powered by the MT6752 64-bit octa-core processor @ 1.7GHz and a 3,050mAh battery. The phone again features a 13-megapixel camera (IMX214) and a 5-megapixel on the front. Like the Ulefone Be Touch (1) it also features a home button which doubles as a fingerprint scanner.

Read more on http://ulefone.com/products/betouch2/features.html and http://ulefone.com

Brand ulefone
    Model Be Touch 2
    Color Metal Grey / Silk White
    Dimensions 158.1 x 77.4 x 8.60
    Weight 160g (with battery)
    Operating system Pre-install Android 5.1 Lollipop
    Touch ID Front Fingerprint Scanner, Unlock in 0.1-0.5s, Press touch ID
    CPU 64Bit MTK MT6752 processor Octa core 1.7GHz CPU
    GPU Mali T760 MP2/700MHz GPU
    RAM 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
    ROM 16G (SD card Up to 64GB)
    Battery SONY 3050mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
    Standby Time 340 Hours

Display
    Size 5.5 inch
    Resolution FHD 1080*1920 pixels
    Type IPS LTPS, GFF full Lamination (2.5D Arc screen)
    Material Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3

Cameras
    Rear camera 13MP 4th generation camera Sony IMX214
    Front camera 5.0MP (OmniVision OV5648)
    Video 1080P

Connection
    Network GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (band5,band8,band3,band2)
    WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 (band5,band8,band2,band1)
    FDD-LTE: 800/1800/2100/2600(band20,band3,band1,band7)
    SIM Dual sim dual standby, Micro SIM and Standard SIM
    WiFi WiFi802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Support dual-band Wi-Fi(2.4GHz/5GHz)
    Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
    Positioning GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Digital Compass
    Hall Effect Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor,
    Touch Sensor, Digital Compass, OTG

6d0a1ec133c85b4a83e49f0ce81c43f3_XL.jpg

betouch2_01.jpg

Source: Ulefone
    Guys,please can you make a small tutorial for rooting and installing recovery?Please

Sent from my Be Touch 2 using XDA Free mobile app

Quick version:

1. Get the stock ROM and flash tool ('Be-Touch-2_150702_s7yler.zip') from here: http://www.needrom.com/download/ulefone-be-touch-2/
    2. Get custom recovery (recovery.img) from here: http://www.needrom.com/download/cwm-for-ulefone-be-touch-2/
    3. Extract 'Be-Touch-2_150702_s7yler.zip', replace recovery.img file in 'One Key Flashing(Be Touch 2_150702)\software' with the one from point 2.
    4. Install the MTK drives, flash the ROM (follow the included docs in the zip file) - this will wipe your data!! Modify config file or use 'proper' SP Flash Tool to flash only recovery.img if you want to prevent it.
    5. After flashing, enter custom recovery (power + vol up on boot), flash this ZIP: https://download.chainfire.eu/740/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip?retrieve_file=1
    6. Done, enjoy your root!
    My review for Ulefone Be Touch 2!

Hello XDA-ers!Here i come with my oppinions about Ulefone Be Touch 2!
    First of all,the phone is a very nice looking and i think for around 200$ is a good buy!
    I tested the phone just 2 days and everything i type here are just my oppinions!
    First of all,i`m really happy i didn`t buyed Elephone p7000 because if the build quality.
    *This Ulefone got amazing Build quality.It feels nice in the hand and yesterday the phone "managed" to get rid off my hand from 1.5 meters.It really got the aluminium metal frame,it was kind of strong,no problems for it after that crash.(see attached photos)
    *The display is amazing!The colors are real and the 2.5d curve screen is very nice.I got no problems with the screen outside when the sun is up,and even if i put it on low brightness i can clearly see the colors.The quality of the display seems way more good than my friend`s Galaxy S4.
    *The fingerprint scanner.Well...it is nice but i manage to unlock from first touch for like 20% time.Second touch like 60% time.It is nice but you have to get used to it because you have to put the finger exactly at the same point everytime.(these problems are on Iphones too so don`t worry,that`s normal).
    *The sound is good,not the best but is good.Speaker is loud on receiving calls.Not a good quality but is loud.With some good earphone the sound is really nice,i still get some issues with Viper4Android,but if you manage to get it work,the sound will be perfect!.
    *Performance is ok.I think it needs some more improvisation with software updates,but it`s ok.I installed Nova Launcher and it seems pretty ok.I didn`t get problems with UI so far.I installed just 2 games,Modern Combat 5 and UFC and they were played well,but it gives me the sensation my last 1.3ghz quad core phone played them even better.This is just my taught,don`t forget,the games were played well,no lag.The big problem is the heat!The phone get sooo hot in my oppinion.My last phone get warmer when i played games or when i charged him,but this,this got really HOT.And in my house AC runs at anytime!I understand about geting hot on games,but i really don`t understand why it gets so hot when i`m on youtube,or when i`m talking to someone else!Wtf Ulefone,with my Nokia 3110 i could talk for 1 hour and it was colder as ice!For me,this is the most annoying thing,and this is the biggest con of this phone.
    I runned Antutu Benchmark for 3 times.First time:35k,second time:25k(didn`t excepted that,i think because i didn`t used an sd card),and the third time,today:43k(this time was ok).
    *Battery.Well,here we can talk for one hour,i really don`t know what to tell about the battery.I want to make a comparision:with this phone i manage to have the same battery time as my last 3 years old quad core phone(about one day with 30-40% left,so like 1.5 days).I installed Greenify,i close all the applications everytime,i`m a battery addict and i always calibrate my battery and i`m not so satisfied about this one here.I can`t tell you is 2000 or 3000 mah.In my oppinion is a 3000mah battery acting like a 2400-2500 one.I think battery usage+phone getting hot are the same problem,and i really think this can be solved by some software tweaks.The fast charging is working for me,in 45 mins i have it from 15% to 57%.I can`t tell you the full amount of time because i just charged him at night.
    *I managed to get it rooted and installed Xposed Framework.It works well,but Framework got some bugs,anyway it`s ok.
    *About conectivity.I got some really nice Wi-fi speed.For example i press on a 30mb application on market and after 10 secs it is downloaded+installed.Wi-fi signal is ok,not the best but is ok.About data,i tested the 3g,it is ok.I can`t test 4g here,really sorry.
    *Camera.Camera can be really good or really bad,depends on lighting and focus.It can focus in 1 sec or 3-4 sec,depends on your luck.I think this can be improved by software too.I`m not a photographer so for me,the camera is good.The back flashlight is strong,it is really strong and white,but the front one is just for commercials.It is a low one,it works,but is not a great one,anyway he is good for using as a flash notofication.
    *Reception.I had no problems with signal and the people i talked with told me they hear me good.Ear speaker is nice,you can hear everything.
    *Storage.About this i had a problem.I have a 4gb microsd card installed and i can`t use internal memory for bigger files.For example:With card inserted i can`t install Modern Combat 5 for example,it gives me the :"insufiecient external memory error" on google play.When i unmount the Sd i can use interal normaly.Of course i ticked the Internal Memory in Settings->Storage as the main writh disk,but it doesn`t work.For Kitkat or lower version there is a solution,but for Lollipop i didn`t found one yet.Anyway from 16gb you can use like 11gb.
    **I think this is it,these are my oppinion and i hope i did not forget anything,anyway i will reply later with updates if it`s something important.
    So,this is a nice phone,with a very build quality(this is important for me because don`t tell me you never crashed your phone) and with a great and beautiful display.The main problems are heating and maybe baterry(not really sure about this,but i think it can be better),and i really think they are software related and i hope Ulefone or some great devs from Xda or other forums can help us solve them in the end.
    It`s very good for the money,and if you pick it for ~170$ i think is a must have.
    Bought him from EFOX shop,delivered in 10 days with NL post!
    Thank you and have a nice day ;)
    EDIT:Forgot about pictures,uploaded now!