[Q] Copying su to /system... fail! help?

Search This thread

Flipnotix

Oct 7, 2011
I am fairly new with using android phones, and I am encountering that error when I am attempting to update Superuser. I'm using a Samsung Admire SCH-R720 Android 2.3.4 and I rooted it with the One Click root. I've downloaded titanium backup, Root Checker, and terminal emulator to make sure I am really rooted. I've tried uninstall/reinstalling superuser, installing the superuser update fixer(which said signatures matched), and clicking on automatic update. Current version of SU Binary is 2.3.1-ef and everything in the update is fine until it gets to "Copying su to /system... fail!". Superuser does request for rights when it asks to gain root access which I click on Allow. I am also not sure if busybox installed correctly or not, but the Root Checker program I installed said busybox was installed.

Code:
Downloading manifest... okay!
Parsing manifest... okay!
Latest Version = 3.0
Checking installed version = 2.3.1-ef
Fixing Database... okay!
Downloading custom busybox... okay!
Checking md5sum... okay!
Checking current install path... /system/bin/su
Downloading new binary... okay!
Checking md5sum... okay!
Gaining root access... okay!
Remounting /system as rw... okay!
Copying su to /system... fail!

chorshan

Feb 1, 2011
I got the same problem with my Galaxy S. Then I opened BusyBox Installer and it said that I have multiple busybox installed. I found busybox in /system/xbin and /sbin but the file size of the one in /sbin seemed abnormal, just 402 bytes. So I reinstalled busybox to /sbin. And rerun the superuser update after that. The fail has gone.

Reactions: Flipnotix

Flipnotix

Oct 7, 2011
I only have busybox in system/xbin. I tried reinstalling busybox and i still get the same error when trying to update Super user. How can I uninstall Busybox? Please give a step by step if possible since I have no clue what the hell I am doing lol.

Edit 2: Er... I tried installing it also in system/bin, and it SEEMS like its working. Seems it's installed in 3 places, on my sd, bin, and xbin. It works now, so I won't touch it lol. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

ravipgm

Jul 10, 2012
Hi everyone,
Same problem for me too.
after installed busybox in system/xbin using busybox installer downloaded from android market, the problem with superuser update was fixed.
I used in samsung galaxy s2..

Thank u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the same problem with my Galaxy S. Then I opened BusyBox Installer and it said that I have multiple busybox installed. I found busybox in /system/xbin and /sbin but the file size of the one in /sbin seemed abnormal, just 402 bytes. So I reinstalled busybox to /sbin. And rerun the superuser update after that. The fail has gone.