Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

corrsea

Apr 29, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Ultra
For anyone who is wondering about battery:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350951528349.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350951528349.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,235
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350951562789.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350951562789.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,207
Reactions: kaligula

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
Looking great man!
I'm reaaaaaally tempted to try this but i'll miss two features from perseus...:(
Gpu oc/uv and the "voodoo" port...
both should be kinda easy to import to this kernel i think...:p
It's not a request,don't get me wrong.It's more like a suggestion. :)
Anyway.Thank you very much for contributing here on xda and specifically on the S3 forums!
It always feels good to see a great "new" kernel/rom making it's way here! ;)
I wish you the best mate...:)

If I were you I'd give it a try ;), I hadn't missed the GPU OC at all while using this kernel :) and about the sound tweaks... I I just turned to use Power amp and that did the trick enough for me :)

Worth the try m8 I swear you won't miss them :D

About battery I'm getting about 18h on with 4h on screen just same I get on Perseus when I used it and same with Siyah! Only one with slight better was GalaxSih kernel and well, you sacrifice some smoothness there to get the battery and as far as I don't need it I prefer smoothness now :D

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nfsmw_gr

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Looking great man!
I'm reaaaaaally tempted to try this but i'll miss two features from perseus...:(
Gpu oc/uv and the "voodoo" port...
both should be kinda easy to import to this kernel i think...:p
It's not a request,don't get me wrong.It's more like a suggestion. :)
Anyway.Thank you very much for contributing here on xda and specifically on the S3 forums!
It always feels good to see a great "new" kernel/rom making it's way here! ;)
I wish you the best mate...:)

I'm not really convinced OCing the GPU will help that much, and since stability is key to me ... ?

Give it a try and let us know if GPU speed should be improved.

As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale, with statements like :

" My system runs fine, so my uv setting is ok, but when I run a benchmark my phone reboots... "

Yes, ok for low cpu load maybe, but too much at full load :( That's why I so far ruled it out... from my point of view undervolting is overrated, it's the last drop you can squeeze out of your battery, so it's the last effort one should do when everything else is perfect ;)

As for sound, I use a sound mod (will post link in a sec) and eq app and for music PowerAmp, just great for me like that...

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Here's the link :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27656532

Last edited:
Reactions: zmfl

"D"

Jun 4, 2012
L.E.
@Yank555

+1 Thanks for the Kernel.Very clean and stable with WanamLite JB 4.0.1

"D"

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
I'm not really convinced OCing the GPU will help that much, and since stability is key to me ... ?

As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale, with statements like :

" My system runs fine, so my uv setting is ok, but when I run a benchmark my phone reboots... "

Yes, ok for low cpu load maybe, but too much at full load :( That's why I so far ruled it out... from my point of view undervolting is overrated, it's the last drop you can squeeze out of your battery, so it's the last effort one should do when everything else is perfect ;)

As for sound, I use a sound mod (will post link in a sec) and eq app and for music PowerAmp, just great for me like that...

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Here's the link :

Had the same discussion on Sensation as well and the conclusion was clear. UV is way overrated and even unless (or nearly )

About GPU I tried the cofig in my sig for a while and it worked well, but still I'm not missing it in your kernel anyway... Battery drain increased ofc so don't know if it's really worth anyway.

Sound same as you Yank :D

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com

JP.

Here's the link :

I would have pressed thanks but i'm limited to 8 per day. :)

Okay man,thanks. :)
Oc for gpu is more for having note 2 clocks(with 1.6ghz oc too) it didn't do much,but in some games like nova 3 which are graphic intense it made it a lil bit smoother.
I don't use undervolt to save battery as i carry 2 batteries with me all the time...hehe...:p
I use it to make the device run cooler,and that does the job. :)
You're right,many inexperienced users will have issues if they don't undervolt correctly so i always reccomend a maximum safe undervolt of -50mv...after that if your device handles it you can try to go deeper. ;)
As for the sound,my earphones are very loud(http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-J...ASS-PORT-STEREO-HEADPHONES-/280928752693#rwid) and i never have to crank it up to full(with stock settings,i always limit the volume with these beasts...:p )
I just use the eq to config them because by default sammys values are a bit crappy in my likings...:/
Anyway,you're right sound mod isn't needed,you can configure it with other apps as well! :)

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
I would have pressed thanks but i'm limited to 8 per day. :)

Okay man,thanks. :)
Oc for gpu is more for having note 2 clocks(with 1.6ghz oc too) it didn't do much,but in some games like nova 3 which are graphic intense it made it a lil bit smoother.
I don't use undervolt to save battery as i carry 2 batteries with me all the time...hehe...:p
I use it to make the device run cooler,and that does the job. :)
You're right,many inexperienced users will have issues if they don't undervolt correctly so i always reccomend a maximum safe undervolt of -50mv...after that if your device handles it you can try to go deeper. ;)
As for the sound,my earphones are very loud(http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-J...ASS-PORT-STEREO-HEADPHONES-/280928752693#rwid) and i never have to crank it up to full(with stock settings,i always limit the volume with these beasts...:p )
I just use the eq to config them because by default sammys values are a bit crappy in my likings...:/
Anyway,you're right sound mod isn't needed,you can configure it with other apps as well! :)

Just get PowerAmp you will freak out :)

About GPU I usually spend some time playing NOVA as well and with 1.4 and no Gpu it runs without any lag so far :) [ give it a try and report if you find it laggier than with it, and I will do same :)

UV for cooling... :p well, and from my testing on Sensation it made no sense but this is a different device and has no heating problems like sensation... Where will give it a try with some tests and report back :D thanks for the idea, but I hadn't even thought about it as for sensation it didn't work

zmfl

Jun 29, 2011
As for UV in general, benefits are extremely marginal (experimented a lot with that on my Sensation), battery drain difference unnoticable, but that brought quite some instability as people tend to go too far down the scale
Very true.
Sensation was sometimes rebooting with just -25mv. Usually when I desperately need it to work...

Also, hi Yank, hope to see you make a difference here as well :D

Reactions: Yank555

Bangdoo

Dec 19, 2010
I see that the Kernel also installs some scripts.

What to do if i want install another Kernel? how can i delete this scripts?

THX

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona

THX

Track where they are located and delete, even if you may see most are not really kernel related but things you can tweak on System Tuner for example.

Still maybe a good idea to add some lines on OP on how to proceed to uninstall and what are the files installed?

What you think Yank?

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I

THX

Track where they are located and delete, even if you may see most are not really kernel related but things you can tweak on System Tuner for example.

Still maybe a good idea to add some lines on OP on how to proceed to uninstall and what are the files installed?

What you think Yank?

Might just make a small "remover" flashable zip ;)

But it's easy and all leftovers are passive, e.g. they won't get executed by any other kernel as I created a file of my own and have an own entry in init.rc to execute it. New kernel = new ramdisk = new init.rc = no execution.

The files are :

/system/etc/init.kernel.sh
/system/etc/init.hardswap.sh (only if you chose hardswap = yes)

This is also stated when you flash the kernel on the warning page in Aroma btw.

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 13.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Reactions: F3nr1s

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
Might just make a small "remover" flashable zip ;)

But it's easy and all leftovers are passive, e.g. they won't get executed by any other kernel as I created a file of my own and have an own entry in init.rc to execute it. New kernel = new ramdisk = new init.rc = no execution.

The files are :

/system/etc/init.kernel.sh
/system/etc/init.hardswap.sh (only if you chose hardswap = yes)

This is also stated when you flash the kernel on the warning page in Aroma btw.

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 13.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Yep it's there when we flash but maybe people don't remember to look into it until they want to uninstall we lazy ppl!

Anyway great to know you embedded your tweaks to run only on your kernel! way better than filling the device with more init.d scripts :)

To sum up, we should not worry at all about installed scripts when we flash other kernels? Yummmy!

mar72

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you very much for your kernel, the combination WanamLite v4.1 and your kernel is the best thing I've ever had in my phone! :good:

störte

Jun 18, 2012
Kiel
Had to reflash the Kernel because suddenly no access to my SD. Seems exfat isnt supported.

fbatti73

Feb 4, 2011
Only a noob question... I think :confused:

I'm not able to create swap partition.

In "init.kernel.sh" it say:

Code:
# - Activate Hardswap by Yank555.lu
/system/etc/init.hardswap.sh

But I can not find /system/etc/init.hardswap.sh

Obviously during the installation I selected "Yes" to Hardswap by Yank555.lu

Thanks
Ciaoooo

Edit:

Also with CPU Max Freq.
I selected 1400Mhz
But the CPU reaches 1600Mhz.

Code:
# - Set CPU max frequencies for all 4 cores
echo 1400000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo 1400000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/online
echo 1400000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/online
echo 1400000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed.
    Here you go :

On a sidenote, the new governor settings can be changed at will using either the sysfs interface as decribed below, or SetCPU.

Even if Aroma looks still the same, it's been completely revisited behind the scenes to clean up what had accumulated over all the version changes.

Changelog v3.2

• added YankasusQ governor (battery friendlier when screen on)
      Based on PegasusQ. Introducing cpu frequency limitations based on the number of cores online.

sysfs additions :

- cpu_max_freq_1 : max. freq. applied when running on 1 core (defaults to 1.0GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_2 : max. freq. applied when running on 2 cores (defaults to 1.1GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_3 : max. freq. applied when running on 3 cores (defaults to 1.2GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_4 : max. freq. applied when running on 4 cores (defaults to 1.4GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_current : currently applied max. frequency (read-only)

NB: hotplug frequencies and rq thresholds have been revised up to keep the device running on as little cores as possible.
    • added options in Aroma for YankasusQ configs (8 configs, 2x @1.3GHz, 2x @1.4GHz, 2x @1.5GHz and 2x @1.6GHz)
    • added presets in Aroma for YankasusQ configs (Stock Powersave & Balanced, OC Powersave & Balanced)
    • removed ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance governors (not optimised for quadcore anyway)
    • Aroma preset "Customize" is now called "Full Stock" and defaults to replicate a full stock kernel
    • added support for nfs (as kernel modules)
    • added option in Aroma to load nfs kernel modules at startup
    • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.64

• Download link (MD5 6b89f98f6c1f876f463844257533020b)
    Changelog v3.3

• Samsung JB Update 8 sources (Linux 3.0.31)
    • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.67 (proper update, including 3.0.39 memory management changes)
    • using XXELLA ramdisk
    • swap support
    • zram support (Android optimized)
    • /proc/config.gz support
    • optimized for size
    • ntfs (rw) support (as a kernel module)
    • ISO 9660 support incl. Joliet filesystem (as a kernel module)
    • UDF filesystem support (as a kernel module)
    • cifs support (as kernel modules)
    • nfs support (as kernel modules)
    • Forced Fast Charge v1.2b
    • CPU OC up to 1.6GHz
    • Triangle away support
    • dynamic fsync support (faux123)
    • TCP westwood congest ctrl (faux123)
    • Proportional Rate Reduction TCP (faux123)
    • ARM AES/SHA1 (faux123)
    • JIT compiler for packet filters(faux123)
    • fix ipv6 protocol lookup (faux123)
    • ipv4 check ret.val. dst_alloc (faux123)
    • ipv6 check ret.val. dst_alloc (faux123)
    • updated LZO compression (faux123)
    • do_fsync() to fget_light() (faux123)
    • disabled mali state tracking (AndreiLux)
    • reduce mali utilization sampling timeout (AndreiLux)
    • black crush fix (AndreiLux/AndiP71)
    • added SIO scheduler
    • added ROW v4 scheduler
    • fading LED notification with normal or high LED intesity
    • staging: android: lowmemorykiller: Add config option to support oom_adj values (Arve Hjonnevag, via faux123)
    • sysfs interface to delay fsearlysuspend (Yank555.lu, base idea Codeworkx)
    • added lulzactiveq CPU governor
    • added yankasusq CPU governor
    • removed ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance governors (not optimised for quadcore anyway)
    • Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.6.0 (AndiP71) - Huge thanks for offering me to include his hard work and great sound engine

• Download link (MD5 4fb82e347c7c74c1de0bacf1983b60ed)
    To sum up what has changed and what you need to really know :

1) Boeffla Sound in-call mic issue is fixed

2) In order to use your S3 to place a phone call, mic mode must be set to "Default" manually !

3) LMK changes included, so please do consider to reexperiment to find your best settings starting with Stock Settings

Changelog v3.1g

• updated to Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.4.9
      • Completely neutralized mic_mode to avoid any interference to related registers when not used (fix for call issues with certain firmwares) by not doing any actions until mic_mode is enabled + using cached registers when restoring default mode back
      • mic_mode is now exclusive and not "intelligent" anymore. If you want to make calls, switch mic_mode back to default first
      • Safety-net introduced to avoid writing empty mic register cache values back to the registers in any case (thx to Yank555 for this idea)
      • fix reported issue about boeffla sound starting up in enabled mode is causing a boot loop
    • removed mic setting from Aroma completely, no need to change set it during boot
    • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.61
    • staging: android: lowmemorykiller: Add config option to support oom_adj values (Arve Hjonnevag)
    • staging: android: lowmemorykiller: Don't count reserved free memory (Arve Hjonnevag)
    • changed Aroma theme as I regularly got half blinded flashing the kernel in dark environments
    • added a new log file "/data/kernel-boot.log" which will records the kernel initialisation process (including all settings applied) in clear text
    • added a "wait for Android to start" before starting to set the kernel configuration (AndiP71)

• Download link (MD5 5cdd1c4fc91602bae31afd583f4571d7)
    As said, nothing really interesting in this update, but nonetheless, here it is :

Changelog v2.3