[Q] Trying to install custom ROM with SECURITY ERROR

Search This thread

Moreno92

Apr 28, 2014
I see there are a lot of articles saying how this should be done but at least in my case I haven't had luck with any of them.
After you read this you must realize I'm a noob on this.

I have ICS 4.0.4 Stock Firmware from TELCEL, Mexico and I'm having no luck getting the custom ROM installed or at least downgrade I think it will be better. The main problem with the phone is the battery life and it's slow, all after the phone upgraded to ICS.

I will do anything you guys suggest if you could please point me in the right direction.

A few things I've tried:
  1. I've Rooted the phone using Unlock Root application suggested by one of the post I found here.
  2. I've Installed ROM Manager and flashed the CWM Recovery Touch tool and followed the instructions to use a Zip, I was trying with the Zeuz Gingerbread ROM I downloaded from here but after the phone reboots all I get is "LG logo saying SECURITY ERROR"
Anyone has gone through this issue?

BTW: after the LG Security Error I have to get into S/W Upgrade and run the LG Mobile Support Tool to let it flash the stock firmware again.

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I see there are a lot of articles saying how this should be done but at least in my case I haven't had luck with any of them.

I have ICS 4.0.4 Stock Firmware from TELCEL, Mexico and I'm having no luck getting the custom ROM installed or at least downgrade I think it will be better. The main problem with the phone is the battery life and it's slow, all after the phone upgraded to ICS.

I will do anything you guys suggest if you could please point me in the right direction.

A few things I've tried:
  1. I've Rooted the phone using Unlock Root application suggested by one of the post I found here.
  2. I've Installed ROM Manager and flashed the CWM Recovery Touch tool and followed the instructions to use a Zip, I was trying with the Zeuz Gingerbread ROM I downloaded from here but after the phone reboots all I get is "LG logo saying SECURITY ERROR"

BTW: after the LG Security Error I have to get into S/W Upgrade and run the LG Mobile Support Tool to let it flash the stock firmware again.

The boot loader is locked. There are a number of tutorials on how to unlock it, but you need the original Froyo or Gingerbread ROM images from LG. Locating those seems to be the tough part. You downgrade to the earlier version, then you unlock.

Reactions: Moreno92

Moreno92

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

The boot loader is locked. There are a number of tutorials on how to unlock it, but you need the original Froyo or Gingerbread ROM images from LG. Locating those seems to be the tough part. You downgrade to the earlier version, then you unlock.

Hey man thanks for your tip, after searching for the right problem I was able to unlock the bootloader and instal IZS ROM with no problems... I'll test it and try different rooms if this doesn't solves my issues.:good:

Here is the thread that helpemd me unlocking it without the need of Froyo or Gingerbread downgrade.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111771

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A few things I've tried: