Google Play Books sucking Battery

Search This thread

xSTUDDSx

Jan 28, 2014
I just recently purchased a Nexus 7 and received it a couple days ago and have been loving it. Today, just looking at the battery section I noticed that Google Play Books is sucking down my battery at 56% which is interesting since I've never even opened the app. Is there anyway to stop or prevent this? I am unlocked and rooted on the stock rom. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1401759386873.jpg
    1401759386873.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 150

pchandarana28

Aug 7, 2013
Leicester
I just recently purchased a Nexus 7 and received it a couple days ago and have been loving it. Today, just looking at the battery section I noticed that Google Play Books is sucking down my battery at 56% which is interesting since I've never even opened the app. Is there anyway to stop or prevent this? I am unlocked and rooted on the stock rom. Thanks!

I've got the same thing, hopefully the 4.4.3 update will fix it...:fingers-crossed:

xSTUDDSx

Jan 28, 2014
So for reference of anybody else having the same issue, I disabled Play Books in the settings and uninstalled. After restarting my device the app reinstalled and enabled itself but I am no longer having the issue of it sucking up my battery.

Henry443

May 11, 2014
NY
I also face same problem with the Google play books sucking battery but when i remove then i feel relax and now my battery is working properly.
I really feel relax now.

anasmunir

Sep 19, 2012
Karachi
Greenifying it will also help I guess..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app