Black listed note 3

Search This thread

ivan0323

Apr 4, 2014
So i bought my tmobile note 3 on CL. Bad idea yes i know. Well the phone was working super awesome for 3 weeks and now its reported lost/stolen. So no LTE or service. I tried calling Tmobile and there was nothing they could do. I tried calling the seller and no answer. Ive tried region lock away no help there. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
So i bought my tmobile note 3 on CL. Bad idea yes i know. Well the phone was working super awesome for 3 weeks and now its reported lost/stolen. So no LTE or service. I tried calling Tmobile and there was nothing they could do. I tried calling the seller and no answer. Ive tried region lock away no help there. Anyone know how to fix this?

RegionLock Away has worked for a lot of people (including myself). Are you sure you can't get it unlocked using that? There's a thread that has a lot of troubleshooting tips somewhere in this section for Chainfire's app (things like using a non-T-mobile SIM, not allowing the app to reboot (i.e. rebooting manually and changing SIM card) and inputting the correct APN settings).

Edit: Here is the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471742

I was able to unlock following the instructions in the first post, so if you haven't done that, you might want to try again.

Last edited:

ivan0323

Apr 4, 2014
Well the thing with region lock away is i want to use my phone through tmobile. My note 3 is a tmobile phone

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
Well the thing with region lock away is i want to use my phone through tmobile. My note 3 is a tmobile phone

I'm sorry to tell you this, but if it's blocked by T-Mobile, there's really nothing to be done. T-Mobile just won't budge (although I have read posts where people basically lied and got T-Mobile to unblock the device, but I am dubious about those claims). Your only options are to unlock to another carrier, or sell the device. If you sell it on Ebay to an international buyer, that would be the best way to recoup most of your money. Neither option is ideal, of course.

Ovrclck

Apr 11, 2008
Orange County,CA
Yep, I almost got burned buying a s3 for my mom. Luckily we met at a tmobile store and verified the esn. Turns out it was reported lost/stolen. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

golfcartguy

Aug 19, 2013
Mount Airy
Ivan0323

Like was said a couple of posts prior:

With a BLACKLISTED - N900T - you can:

1) Root, and Use Region Lock Away, it may possibly unlock the sim slot - so you can use an At&t based Sim Card. (Or, you may still need to get an unlock code from someone.)

2) Or - Sell for what its worth on Ebay.- Cut your losses, and find another Handset.

I have bought more than a few from people here locally (different models), seems Craigslist is running rampant (or rather the criminals) with those who are buying a phone, selling for cash on cl, and then reporting lost / stolen for an insurance claim. Then the buyer is stuck holding the bag, and has a tablet. (Or, bends and changes carriers possibly). Its sad but the only true way to be sure the device will be able to be used, is to go with the seller to (Tmo, Vzw, Att etc.) and get the rep to note the account. I have tried to do so via the 800 number, and had mixed results.

Good luck.

Be well.