Galaxy SII GT-I9100 G Q&A

Search This thread

mongo1010

Apr 4, 2011
Augsburg
Camera has a red spot

What is the reason für the red spot in camera?
My camera was for 3 weeks ok and today suddenly the pictures had a red spot.

Reactions: rahy2k2

flamenco28

Mar 15, 2012
Please Help,
I have a Bricked I9100g. It is totally dead. it seems that it's called Sleep Cpu Mode.
Can any Box / JTAG Repair my phone?
What is the solution?:(

flamenco28

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,
I first bricked my phone by using Odin with bad files(I9100 files). and the Icons (Computer - Danger - Phone) displays on phone and odin was recogized my phone.
Unfortunately, I wrongly use Odin OneClick Downloader to fix the problem, and after a green error on phone, my phone goes to sleep, and nothing is displaying and odin does not recognize it.
Riff Jtag for I9100g is used on my phone but it seems that riff box doesn't work on I9100g yet. and the problem is not solved.
Please Help me.
Does any one knows that what Odin OneClick downloader done to my phone?

faraz_fireboy

Jan 15, 2012
Tabriz
Hi everyone
First I should thank tarunagg for starting this thread...
Something which really makes me nervous about this smartphone is that it sticks sometimes when I play music using earphones...
I am using the stock 2.3.4 ROM...
How should I fix that???

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

nitinvaid

Hi everyone
Something which really makes me nervous about this smartphone is that it sticks sometimes when I play music using earphones...
How should I fix that???

sticks????
and 2.3.4 rom really
switch to 2.3.6

Reactions: Adnan Md

faraz_fireboy

Jan 15, 2012
Tabriz
Yes it sticks and I have to remove the battery and insert it again...
Let's come to update...when will ICS be available for G versions?

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Hi,
I first bricked my phone by using Odin with bad files(I9100 files). and the Icons (Computer - Danger - Phone) displays on phone and odin was recogized my phone.
Unfortunately, I wrongly use Odin OneClick Downloader to fix the problem, and after a green error on phone, my phone goes to sleep, and nothing is displaying and odin does not recognize it.
Riff Jtag for I9100g is used on my phone but it seems that riff box doesn't work on I9100g yet. and the problem is not solved.
Please Help me.
Does any one knows that what Odin OneClick downloader done to my phone?

Sorry bro..i dont know what is odinOneClick act..have u try plug in the usb jig to ur phone?i jz hope that u can go into dload mode n odin can detect ur phone..i havnt heard about that green error..cant help u much on this..mybe others pro can help u o u can go to service centre..

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Reactions: flamenco28

urantius

Apr 11, 2012
Hi everyone
How should I fix that???

I have the same problem, running stock 2.3.6 ROM.
After REBOOT (I have to remove battery for a few seconds) it works perfectly fine...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Hi,
Please Help me.
Does any one knows that what Odin One-Click downloader done to my phone?
Odin OneClick? I Google around, this tool seems is for Samsung Captivate, not for i9100G.

Did Odin One-Click (not the normal odin3) still can detect your phone? if yes, maybe you can try search around it full function.

Or else I think you probably need send over to Samsung service center.

Next time please read more before playing around with it, you 1st mess with i9100 ROM to i9100G then you mess again using Odin One-Click which basically for captivate. Two step you did is not for i9100G.

Last edited:
Reactions: flamenco28

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Hi, all,

Really need your favor, I nearly squeeze out the whole Google already but I can't find the answer I want, maybe I not so sure how to explain that part.

As per-screenshot, could anyone told me which .xml file in framework-res.apk or systemUI.apk (not sure which one) is controlling the description font color.

Thanks a lot for all kind help. ;)

6926887538_4f40fd000e_c_d.jpg

Hi, all,

Really need your favor, I nearly squeeze out the whole Google already but I can't find the answer I want, maybe I not so sure how to explain that part.

As per-screenshot, could anyone told me which .xml file in framework-res.apk or systemUI.apk (not sure which one) is controlling the description font color.

Thanks a lot for all kind help. ;)

6926887538_4f40fd000e_c_d.jpg

Try changing the secondary sub text xml found in framework-res.apk/res/color

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Reactions: Andrewtst

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post all your general Q/A Here Dont spam the thread ;)
    Please Help,
    I have a Bricked I9100g. It is totally dead. it seems that it's called Sleep Cpu Mode.
    Can any Box / JTAG Repair my phone?
    What is the solution?:(

have you flashed any rom??
    Actually if you used the app by Chainfire, it does report our chipset as faulty...but so far none bricked their phones because of this...and since codeworkx already disabled MMC cap erase in his CWM kernel (other devs did the same), so it is perfectly safe to factory reset using those kernels...but it is different for temporary CWM as the source is unknown...better to use permanent CWM...:)
    Sup guys
    Recently purchased galaxy s2 i9100g upgraded to jb n I have rooted it.
    No I just wanted to know which custom rom should I use n noob guide plz :)
    Fast n stable.
    Thanks in advance

xda rocks :p

Hey. It's really a matter of choice which ROM. You decide to go with. I can't tell you which would be the best for you, but I can tell you which ones I like.

First of all there is MIUI v5 android 4.1. It's polished and beautiful. And is based on stock samsung ROM. It's quite good but, in my experience' unfortunately less responsive than android 4.2 ROMs.

Secondly there is Cyanogenmod. it is Rock stable and very fast. Most of the other ROMs are either based on this ROM or at least use a part of it. It has the most number of users globally.

And finally there is PAC (parandroid - AOKP - Cyanogenmod). It's a mash up of all the best ROMs. It's fast and filled with more features than you can figure out in a day.

My opinion, keep things simple for the first time you flash aROM. Go with cyanogenmod. But don't install the new 4.3 ROMs. They are mostly in beta stages right now.

There are a lot more ROMs that i haven't tried. And these three are the ones i like.

Noob guide:
    1. Download the ROM u want.
    2. DOWNLOAD the Gapps (Google Apps)
    Put them into the sd cart of your phone.
    3. Turn your phone off.
    4. Boot into recovery mode.( hold volume up + home button and then power button for some seconds and then release)
    5. Take a back up (optional)
    6. Factory reset
    7 wipe cache
    8 go to advanced - wipe dalvik cache
    9 install zip from sd card - choose zip (it goes into a file system mod where you can see your files and find the zip you want to install)
    10 INstall the ROM
    11 install Gapps
    12 factory reset - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache
    13 reboot phone

Usually the first booting takes a little bit more time. Wait for it.

Note:
    First, make sure to read the installing instructions for each ROM at the first of the ROM thread. Read as many pages of the thread as you can to find everything you want to know.

P.s: there are hundreds of better guides on line. Next time you need something just simply google it. It's probably already out there. And remember, rom choosing is highly personal. So try the Rom, don't ask questions about it.

Good luck
    how can i open the lcd-menu?

*#0*# for lcd menu ;-)