[ROM][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project Build 33 - v1.3 (4/23/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
How I keep track of them, is I do them manually and then go to rom manager and rename them there. You can go to manage and restore backups in rom manager press on a backup and choose rename.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Same here with that. I forget sometimes, but its nice. I actually do it more because just showing an "accurate" date doesn't do me any good in remembering which f'ing rom I was runnin on that particular backup, lol.

And you can use Tapatalk as your test dummy with SystemUI crashes. Wow does it ever not like it. The second you hit a forum....BAM, hit by a bus!

Last edited:
Guys, I'm taking the weekend off, getting drunk, taking my girl on some nice dates and then hitting this and corner-AOKP-stone, hard again on Monday! Everyone have a great weekend and I only need 4 thanks for 2,000. :D

Have fun my peeps.

Rock it put man. Post one more time so I can thank you again. :thumbup:

What do you think you are doing Dave?

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
I'm having issues with this ROM.. Every time I try to connect to wifi the tab reboots and doesn't connect. It only happens when I turn wifi on and try to connect to it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

onebyside

Oct 4, 2007
Thunder Bay, NW Ontario
I'm having issues with this ROM.. Every time I try to connect to wifi the tab reboots and doesn't connect. It only happens when I turn wifi on and try to connect to it

Do a full wipe and reinstall the rom, turn on wifi and see if the prob persists before you install any apps.

Sent from my EPAD using XDA

Reactions: Nilsonf

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
Do a full wipe and reinstall the rom, turn on wifi and see if the prob persists before you install any apps.

I tried but still doing the same. I noticed it only happens when I restore my apps and data from titanium backup and then reboot. Might be a file on titanium that is restoring and causing this but I'm not sure

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Not that it does ANY good when you need to use a keyboard......but do you think the software patch for the new GPS dongle I just got from ASUS will be supported in any of these builds? It doesn't seem to have a clue I even plugged it in, lol....as expected.

Just curious...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Jonphinguyen7

Oct 18, 2011
Don't know if this has been said, but I stopped getting System UI crashes when I set button 4 to the menu button. Also, anyone else have an issue where some apps show you being offline (even when browser and other apps show you are connected to wifi properly)

Sent from my Asus Transformer Prime Beast using XDA

Last edited:

Ultrastigi

Dec 20, 2010
Levittown, PA
I tried but still doing the same. I noticed it only happens when I restore my apps and data from titanium backup and then reboot. Might be a file on titanium that is restoring and causing this but I'm not sure

Only restore apps and app data. Don't restore phone data. If that's what mean by data. That could be your problem.

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
Only restore apps and app data. Don't restore phone data. If that's what mean by data. That could be your problem.

Yeah when I restore I restore phone data plus apps and app data. I will wipe all data and only restore apps and app data and hopefully that works

onebyside

Oct 4, 2007
Thunder Bay, NW Ontario

Guessing something in the restore is the culprit....install the apps manually and figure that question out .

boynamedstacy

Apr 3, 2011
Spokane
www.talkandroid.com
Not that it does ANY good when you need to use a keyboard......but do you think the software patch for the new GPS dongle I just got from ASUS will be supported in any of these builds? It doesn't seem to have a clue I even plugged it in, lol....as expected.

Just curious...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I would assume the AOKP team will integrate it eventually. I can't imagine they wouldn't. The GPS issue seems to bother a lot of people. Speaking of dongle, when did you order yours and how long did it take? I wanna do a video review for our site before everyone else does! Ordered like 5 days ago I think..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

Last edited:

Ultrastigi

Dec 20, 2010
Levittown, PA
Yeah when I restore I restore phone data plus apps and app data. I will wipe all data and only restore apps and app data and hopefully that works

I never save phone data. Only app and app data. I was always told never do phone data because with roms so much changes that your old data could conflict with the new and cause problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
I never save phone data. Only app and app data. I was always told never do phone data because with roms so much changes that your old data could conflict with the new and cause problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

I'm guessing that's what's going on. Will try that later on when I get home. Thanks for the help. And from now on I'll only backup apps plus app data

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would assume the AOKP team will integrate it eventually. I can't imagine they wouldn't. The GPS issue seems to bother a lot of people. Speaking of dongle, when did you order yours and how long did it take? I wanna do a video review for our site before everyone else does! Ordered like 5 days ago I think..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

What's your site?

Did you ever flash that generic kernel from Motley? I flashed it this morning and it defaulted to 1800 without messing with scripts. Rom control performance settings also seem to control it fine.

boynamedstacy

Apr 3, 2011
Spokane
www.talkandroid.com
What's your site?

Did you ever flash that generic kernel from Motley? I flashed it this morning and it defaulted to 1800 without messing with scripts. Rom control performance settings also seem to control it fine.

I'm an Editor for TalkAndroid.com :) And about that kernel, I am only now getting around to it. So you just flashed the generic kernel without modifying any script? Did you have an OC script in place from a previous Motley? I guess I am confused why Jermaine would recommend using Motley's modified script :confused:

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GPL Kernel source: This ROM uses the Asus stock V9.4.2.21 kernel (unmodified) and the sources may be downloaded from here: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Eee+Pad+Transformer+P rime+TF201&p=20&s=16

*** Disclaimer: I, nor TeamKang, nor anyone but YOU is responsible for what you flash or do to your tablet!

This is based on TeamKang's AOKP - Build 33 (Android 4.0.4).

Thanks to Romanbb and TeamKang for putting together this awesome rom.
    Thanks to the CyanogenMod team for all they do.
    Thanks to BuzzBumbleBee for the initial device tree for the Prime (I made a lot of changes to this)
    Thanks to konrad1337 and sportsstar89 for sharing all of their fixes to the original Transformer! I couldn't have done this without them!
    Thanks to _motley for his awesome kernel and for just being a good guy!
    Thanks to youngnex for giving me a better solution to the CRT animation issue.

I hope I didn't forget anyone but if I did, PM me and I'll add you.

I have added in a few of the Asus widgets and applications like:

-Weather Widget
    -Battery Widget
    -Email Widget and Email client
    -MyWater Live Wallpaper
    -SuperNote
    -Maybe more that I forgot...

aokptitleblue-1.png

screenshot2012042312340.png

Check out the ROM Feature list here.

Check out the comprehensive FAQ by brainfire!

Bugs:
    • BT tether seems to only work for the web browser
    • 2 IME icons in the notification bar:
      • Settings-->Rom Control-->General-->Uncheck Show IME and reboot.
    • No Super IPS mode (See dalingrin's quote below)
    All this bickering about IPS+....
    Its a gimmick, folks. All Asus does is artificially limit the backlight if IPS+ is disabled.
    AOKP and CM9 already support all the same brightness levels and "IPS+" that stock has. The only difference is we don't limit the brightness slider. In other words, if you move the brightness slider all the way to the right in CM9 or AOKP then it is exactly the same as turning on IPS+ and moving the slider all the way to the right in stock. There's no special mode or anything like that, the panel is just especially bright.
    Okay, here's the deal on some of the Asus apps (FileManager2.apk, MyZine.apk, etc). They're looking for a method in the Asus stock rom that is not there: android.os.Environment.getEpadInternalStoragePubli cDirectory

I'm not sure how I'll be able to get around this.

installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest TWRP or CWM recovery
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    7. If you're installing a new build without wiping, you STILL need to reflash gapps right after flashing the build!!!

On a side note: Folks, please don't PM me questions like "how do I flash this?" or "help! It won't boot!". Those questions belong in this thread. That allows other people to help you and keeps me from having to answer the same question repeatedly. My PMs are for development questions and sharing as well as for contacting testers.

Thanks for understanding.

downloads-4.png

Download AOKP v1.3 (Synibox.info Mirror)

Download AOKP v1.3 (Goo.im Mirror)

The Default Wallpaper by Request

Download Gapps 4/22/2012

Older Versions:

Download AOKP v1.12

Jermaine151's Git Repository

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Team Kan (Original Rom Creators)
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Jermaine151 (Rom porter for the Transformer Prime)
    Donate to Jermaine151

Every donation is cherished and loved! :D
    Version 1.3 Changelog:
    • Added dock battery to notification area (Thanks CyanogenMod Team!) WIP. It may be slow to detect docked/undocked states.
    • Reverted TeamKang's navigation bar changes to resolve SystemUI FC (You can't add apps to the navigation bar)
    • Fixed the navigation button glow overlays to be the right size until fixed upstream.
    • Using stock Asus .21 kernel (Default 1.5GHz see OC steps here.)
    • Changed device model to "Transformer Prime TF201" by popular demand.
    • Enabled Settings-->Dock Settings
    • Updated to AOKP build 33. Upstream changelog:
      • bug fixes
        - Bluetooth: Fixed memory leak and file handles leak
        - Nav bar & tablet status bar FCs fixed (This is not fixed and that's why I reverted it)
        - Fixed some init.d scripts not running due to lack of bash
        - Changing brightness by sliding on the top of the statusbar (if enabled) shouldn’t FC anymore
        - Fixed Data toggle not updating properly
        - Torch should be acting normally again
        - ROM Control: Fixed scrolling cache not setting properly
        - Weather will refresh whenever SystemUI starts instead of when the phone boots (so if it gets restarted, it should fetch weather again, it didn’t before)
        - Lockscrens: Added lockscreen wallpapers to pin & pattern unlock screens
        - Settings: fixed link mute states always being checked

supersonic: Updated files (thanks to evervolv), should boot! I’ve also included a “camera hack” so it should work, Video camera will FC, so will panorama mode. It is what it is :)

new features
        - Added another ROM Control shortcut that opens ROM Control
        - Added ability to translate weather conditions (only German is translated for now I think)
        - Mms: added ability to strip unicode (CM)
        - Mms: added emoji icons (CM)
        - Mms: added quick emoji button to left of input (option you must enable)
        - Added warnings to fast charge (will notify you if it’s enabled on boot)
        - Hide navbar feature for tablets
        - More music players supported for AVRCP 1.3

Version 1.2 Changelog:
    • Back to the Asus stock .21 kernel by default
    • Fixed UK keyboard layout
    • Updated to AOKP build 32. Upstream changelog:
      • Fixes:
        - Fix NavBar showing up in landscape lockscreen
        - Fix long-press resetting custom NavBar icons
        - Fix incorrect bluetooth address on some devices
        - Fix lockscreen events showing up 1 day before
        - Fix quickunlock not allowing passwords longer than 8 chars
        - Fix centered clock not showing the correct time
        - Other small fixes

New Features:
        - Camera: Pinch and Volume Zoom (CyanogenMod, Whitehawkx)
        - General UI: Customizable rotation delay is back! (roman)
        - Bluetooth: AVRCP 1.3+ support (CyanogenMod, MarcLandis)
        - Lockscreen/NavBar: Allow shortcuts to specify their own icons
        - NavBar: Allow tablets to use “hide NavBar” feature (Zaphod-Beeble)
        - NavBar: Custom NavBar is now available for tablets as well! (Zaphod-Beeble)
        - NavBar: Customizable glow color (roman)
        - Quiet Hours: Configure the hours your device should be quiet and/or still (sethyx and thanks to CyanogenMod)
        - Statusbar: Added ability to WeatherPanel to start a custom app (MarcLandis)
        - Statusbar: Added ability to hide signal bars (hillbillyhacker)
        - Statusbar: Customizable font size (Zaphod-Beeble)
        - Statusbar: Customizable icon transparency (sethyx)

aries (this is all Galaxy S devices): added fast charge toggle
        p1c: WiFi should work properly

Wipe strongly recommended

Version 1.12 Changelog:
    • Fixed graphical glitches caused by framework changes

Version 1.11 Changelog:
    • Fixed Titanium Backup crash

Version 1.1 Changelog:
    • SD, microSD, USB, NTFS. exFAT automounts and should work with Motley v2.4 as well
    • OI file manager baked in
    • Sync'd to AOKP build 31. Upstream changelog:
      • Fixed long pressing home button not working on capacitive buttons
        Fixed FC when clearing market data through the LCD density changer in RC
        Fixed lockscreen icons not setting properly
        Fixed devices not having MTP checked by default (for Galaxy Nexus amongst others)
        Fixed battery bar showing incorrect battery percentages and not showing in the proper orientation
        Fixed Calendar FC in ROM Control
        Added donate link for Khas Mek (you should really click this)
        Changed back to stock framework animation speed as the faster ones weren't properly configured and made things "stutter"
        p4: devices: updates from pershoot (includes new kernel and fixes)
        p1c: should work without any special fixes from KhasMek now!
        supersonic: ProTekk says it's fixed for b31. Blame him if it isn't
        vibrantmtd: fixed 911 issue/call issues (merged from CM)
        aries: (this is all Galaxy S devices) merged bigRAM
        vivow: FFC should be proper orientation
        g2x/o2x: camera should be fixed
        Usual install instructions apply.

Version 1.0 Changelog:
    • Android 4.0.4 (First for the Prime!)
    • Face Unlock
    • Based on AOKP build 29
    • Wifi
    • BT (Completely)
    • Keyboard Dock Soft keys
    • Lid Close = Sleep
    • Lid Open = Wake
    • microSD
    • Full sized SD
    • USB storage and devices
    • YouTube is baked in
    • Storage changed from being in /mnt folder to /Removable folder
    • Motley's 1.8GHz kernel (1.6GHz or mode 3 by default, change mode in /etc/init.d/cpu_overclock for faster: 4 = 1.7GHz, 5 = 1.8GHz)
    • NTFS
    • Logitech Gamepad support
    • I really don't care about GPS since Asus doesn't :)
    More I probably forgot....

RC2 Changelog:
    • Updated the proprietary files to 9.4.2.21
    • Updated the kernel to the 9.4.2.21 stock kernel (Overclock script from mods is still needed for 1.6GHz)

RC1 Changelog:
    • CPU @ 1.3GHz default (To overclock see mods below)
    • Added Asus soft keyboard and languages
    • Dock battery will show in Asus battery widget (You might have to reboot or un-dock/re-dock the first time) (Thanks Sportsstar89)
    • USB Mice/Keyboards/Storage all work (Thanks paulburton)
    • External MicroSD cards should work (I don't have one so test for me please) (Thanks paulburton)
    • Opening lid will wake/unlock tablet
    • Mouse pointer is the arrow with gesture mode still enabled (separates to multiple arrows during a gesture)
    • New boot animation (Thanks dcmodder)
    • Probably something I forgot...

Beta Changelog:
    • Initial Release
    Guys, I'm taking the weekend off, getting drunk, taking my girl on some nice dates and then hitting this and corner-AOKP-stone, hard again on Monday! Everyone have a great weekend and I only need 4 thanks for 2,000. :D

Have fun my peeps.
    AOKP Mods

Please see Overclock info found here!

Asus Stock .21 Kernel for AOKP v1.0+
    This is the stock Asus .21 kernel made compatible with AOKP version 1.0+.
    Installation:
    Flash in CWM
    Download

Motley's v2.4 Kernel for AOKP v1.0+
    This is Motley's version 2.4 kernel made compatible with AOKP version 1.0+. See his thread for more info.
    Installation:
    Flash in CWM
    Download

Motley's v2.5.8 Kernel for AOKP v1.0+
    This is Motley's version 2.5.8 kernel made compatible with AOKP version 1.0+. See his thread for more info.
    Installation:
    Flash in CWM
    Download

AOKP Themes

reNeglect's Serenity Lightless Despair Theme
    This is a beautiful theme for AOKP. Make sure that the theme version is compatible with the version of AOKP that you're currently running.
    Installation:
    See thread for instructions.
    XDA Thread

Swiftks's Cobalt Theme
    This is a beautiful theme for AOKP. Make sure that the theme version is compatible with the version of AOKP that you're currently running.
    Installation:
    See thread for instructions.
    XDA Thread
    I'll have to update the OP and changelogs tomorrow but basically this is it:

Working:
    --------------------

• Android 4.0.4 (First for the Prime!)
    • Face Unlock
    • Based on AOKP build 29
    • Wifi
    • BT (Completely)
    • Keyboard Dock Soft keys
    • Lid Close = Sleep
    • Lid Open = Wake
    • microSD
    • Full sized SD
    • USB storage and devices
    • YouTube is baked in
    • Storage changed from being in /mnt folder to /Removable folder
    • Motley's 1.8GHz kernel (1.6GHz or mode 3 by default, change mode in /etc/init.d/cpu_overclock for faster: 4 = 1.7, 5 = 1.8)
    • NTFS
    • Logitech Gamepad support
    • I really don't care about GPS since Asus doesn't :)
    • More I probably forgot....

Not Working:
    --------------------------

NTFS (Should be an easy fix. I'll release a v1.01 if need be)
    2 IME icons in tray. Settings-->Rom Control-->General-->Uncheck Show IME and reboot.

You asked, I listened and I answered. I made this rom my biotch!

Happy Good Friday! :cool: