For those wanting DSLR like controls!!

Search This thread

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
No offense, but I rather hear about the app than the hissy fit between you, the play store, and zephik. Take it to PMs guys.

Just sayin.

Agreed. I'm sorry I got involved in that mess...

On topic, I'm overall pleased with the app. I went ahead and purchased the paid version. It does take a bit longer to load the application than I would like, but I suppose that is acceptable for something that strives to emulate the functionality of a DSLR. The feature set is quite impressive. I'm tired of all the other camera apps who want to shower the user with cheesy "effects"; it's nice to see a photography app for people who actually know what words like "aperture" mean.

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Just fyi guys, xda rules are clear when advertising apps is involved, there is a section intended for that, so this thread in first place is breaking xda rules, needless to mention some of the pointless arguements around here.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Just fyi guys, xda rules are clear when advertising apps is involved, there is a section intended for that, so this thread in first place is breaking xda rules, needless to mention some of the pointless arguements around here.

No one is advertising any apps,. The OP just thought it was a good thing to share because he liked the app and wanted to see if anybody else purchased the app for additional feedback.

And no one is arguing about anything, we are all being civilized and having a conversation.

z06mike

Sep 16, 2010
No one is advertising any apps,. The OP just thought it was a good thing to share because he liked the app and wanted to see if anybody else purchased the app for additional feedback.

And no one is arguing about anything, we are all being civilized and having a conversation.

Yup, that's all I was trying to do. I realize there is a section for that but I have seen some comments where people were saying they wish they could have better control over the camera, which is why I posted here.

If it needs to be moved, so be it. Didn't mean to start any arguments here. :)

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
You know, there has been some apps I've been disappointed with. But for the most part, I was happy some change went into the developers pocket even if the app didn't serve my needs or wants. The other half of android is the app ecosystem, not just roms and kernels. If the developers have a roof over their head, a computer, some food to eat, caffeine and a phone or two, android continues it's legacy. If devs are broke then we must eat more apples. Plain and simple. Thank you developers even if i didn't like your rom or app.

Btw, I didn't try this app but I just saw too much 1WS up in here.

...of the people, by the people, for the people...

haydonxda

Jul 20, 2010
Here are two fairly close samples cropped. Nothing interesting, was just looking for detail retained. Quality looks close to identical to me.

First one was jpg from the stock camera app, second one was png output from the app in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20120510_161947_crjpg.jpg
    IMG_20120510_161947_crjpg.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0004_crpng.jpg
    DSC_0004_crpng.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 111

z06mike

Sep 16, 2010
Definitely not awe inspiring difference.

Not much of a difference in those pics bit... for those who know photography there are some cool features: adjustable focus, white balance, and metering. Bracketing (which I haven't tried yet but for some HDR it might be cool) and lastly it has a "long shutter speed" mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Valynor

Nov 22, 2008
Here are two fairly close samples cropped. Nothing interesting, was just looking for detail retained. Quality looks close to identical to me.

First one was jpg from the stock camera app, second one was png output from the app in this thread.

Cropped pictures are useless in this case - to be able to compare properly both of the original files (full resolution, unedited) are needed.

Last edited:

haydonxda

Jul 20, 2010
Not much of a difference in those pics bit... for those who know photography there are some cool features: adjustable focus, white balance, and metering. Bracketing (which I haven't tried yet but for some HDR it might be cool) and lastly it has a "long shutter speed" mode.

True. One of the things that I was excited about was the promise of better quality images. For myself, if the overall image quality hasn't improved it's not worth the time twiddling with the settings. If I'm going to spend time on a photo I will use a SLR.

The quality improvement in 645 PRO is something to write home about. If any Android app was able to achieve that improvement I'd pay quite a bit more for it.

Spot/center weighted metering on the touch to focus point would be awesome. Can't think of how many photos have come out poorly because the sky killed the exposure on the subject. Trying to fight that with exposure compensation is a pain.

Cropped pictures are useless in this case - to be able to compare properly both of the original files (full resolution, unedited) are needed.

They're crops, and otherwise not edited. They're not resized. What you see is representative of the rest of the image. Believe me, you're not missing anything.

harveydent

Feb 24, 2009
Spot/center weighted metering on the touch to focus point would be awesome. Can't think of how many photos have come out poorly because the sky killed the exposure on the subject. Trying to fight that with exposure compensation is a pain.

Shot Control has touch metering, meaning you can set a different point in the frame for spot metering and a different point for the touch focus.

Haven't fiddled with this one yet to look for features like this.

What were your settings on the test pics? All auto for both? That may explain why there's not much difference between the two.

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
I am assuming that this app just modifies the image after taking the shots depending on what parameters you have set. I don't think Android provides APIs for all that. For e.g.: I don't think Android has a API that allows changing the Shutter Speed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check it out! I have the lite version installed but am going to buy the full version to give it a shot. It has pretty much all of the controls many of us have been looking for. If anybody has the used the full version and has some input/review, please post it.
    No offense, but I rather hear about the app than the hissy fit between you, the play store, and zephik. Take it to PMs guys.

Just sayin.
    Didn't have the option for a refund unfortunately. (Within 15 minutes - why?)

I've had this happen before; the only way I was able to make refund show up was to clear market data, relaunch Play, and refund was then available.
    Ugh. Really? You're now attacking me and not even comprehending what I'm saying. I'm going to steal now? Are you nuts?

Why should I be HAPPY? I wasn't OFFERED a refund at all.

I was entitled to a refund per Play Store policy and I didn't get it. What part of that don't you understand? They wrote the rules and didn't comply.

There's one thing you managed to be right about. I wouldn't have made the speculative purchase on iTunes because they don't offer refunds.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Not worth my time for $4 and neither is replying to you any more.

Lesson learned. Moving on.

No I'm not nuts. There are always angry customers but you shouldn't just RESORT to not buying ANY APPS based on ONE bad experience. If you attempted to contact the dev / Play Store customer service and nothing worked, then you logically have a "somewhat" better explanation on why you're "boycotting the Play Store."

You should be HAPPY that Google even OFFERS A REFUND. Whereas, other App Stores such as Apple's App Store / Amazon doesn't even offer you a refund. Google could of set up the Market/Play Store without any refund but they did it anyway even it's not the perfect system. People make mistakes. This is why I told you to CONTACT the developer to issue you a refund (they can do this! its been shown)

If that $4 wasn't worth your time then I don't understand why you have to boycott the Play Store due to one bad experience without even trying to contact the dev for him/her to issue a refund

Also Chris before complaining you could of went to his website, the dev seems very commited to supporting his app. It's unfair to devs if you judge a "work in progress" app as a final product. A free version of the app was also included, http://www.camera.flavionet.com/support.php
    I usually reply in less than 24 hours, and I'm always committed to solve the problem, when it is within my reach.
    You can also write me to camerafv5@flavionet.com with suggestions and improvements. I really listen to customers and I try to add new features based on users feedback.

So yeah you would of received your refund quickly.
    If that $4 wasn't worth your time then I don't understand why you have to boycott the Play Store due to one bad experience without even trying to contact the dev for him/her to issue a refund

This. Every dev I've ever emailed asking for a refund has been very responsive - devs can even issue refunds after the 15-minute window. Emailing a dev is a lot less time-consuming than driving back to a store to return a product you decide you don't want (because it doesn't do things it never claimed to do...). Quitchabitchin until you have made a good-faith effort to resolve the issue, rather than coming here to spout about how horrible the Play Store is.

Another hint - contacting the dev will do more about the problem than venting here. Just so you know.